NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Reckless Ticket+Herndon=F@ck

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 10:54 AM
mbq62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dish out the money get an attorney. Will save you a lot of trouble.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:55 AM
pdjafari

Damn guys...after hearing stories like this makes my stomach turn over!!

I know RD is serious and no joke but man for a first offense going to jail or suspended?? jeez!! I was doing dbl the limit and although i know its dbl it would suck to go to jail for going 50mph regardless of the speed limit!! if im gonna go to jail or get suspended you better beleive i'll be doing 120 w/ you guys on a blue ridge moutain pkwy straight away, so for now I really feel jipped!! Im tryin to remain sane and not worry guys by joking around, but i'll be honest i feel like ive commited murder having to get an attorney and all.....

Im going to revisit the site of the infraction to relive my 'night' as I dont recall seeing a speed limit posting for 25mph...other thing that pissed me off was about 50 feet from where the officer pulled me over, a sign was posted 40mph!! how F@cked up is that, i felt like the sign was rubbing it in my face!

Last edited by pdjafari; 06-09-2005 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:59 AM
mbq62

Yeah man atleast it wasn't DWI or DUI you would definitely have been locked up.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:02 AM
pdjafari

I also feel that I have really gotten away with alot as far as driving goes with this car (speeding near or around police but slowing down JUST in time, driving like a real ****, swerving, just being stupid, using shoulders to pass ppl on 66, 495) and this is kinda a way to put my a$$ back into place. I really have just barely avoided many accidents from being stupid so maybe its like a wake up call that youve come close kid, but you need to chill so I guess it can be a good thing for me...

shoulda invested in a radar detector...

Last edited by pdjafari; 06-09-2005 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Pratik

Puria,

While going to John's house after the BBQ, it really made me think. Is it really worth going this fast and driving like an idiot? When we passed that cop I really thought one of us was gonna get it for racing. Kinda makes you look back on it - would you change the way you were driving? As fun as that can be its just not worth having something like this happen to you.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:13 AM
ennius

hey puria... i'm not sure a radar detector would have helped you in this case?

i mean, even if you did have one, wouldn't it have gone off from the mobile speed detector machine they had set up on the other side of the road?

still feel for ya though. i agree with what a lot of people are saying, look into getting representation, or at least price it out.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:24 AM
mbq62

We just all need to drive around like turtles....It's not worth the expense and trouble.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:43 AM
pdjafari

ennius your prob. right...that mobile speed detector is what the cop got me w/ whether he admits it or not b/c i was def NOT goin near 50 when i passed him...but when i passed the mobile detector...maybe

pratik,

your also right...days like that are what make me feel like ive had my share of chances and getaways. some people have like 4-5 speeding tickets...me i dont have any but when i do get one its a big one! i guess it all evens out??
Old 06-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Byrnie

in my eyes the worst they're gonna do is suspend your license for a couple of months to teach you a lesson and you would have to pay the fine. Yea speeding is fun and yea we all do some reckless things but I think we just need to speed smarter like only go 15 above the speed limit and what not. Just my .02 and I doubt you will go to jail at all but I bet the judge is going to scare you, but I think given your record you'll get off with a big ticket and maybe some kind of suspended license, if that (to and from work type of license).

You know what might be really good to do, call the cop who got you and ask him what is likely going to happen with the case. It will put your mind at ease until the court date. Just my .02 again.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Babacks_G

It sucks to hear about this Puria, I hope you can pull through it. I got a few getting out of ticket links I will post on here when I get home from work that I used back in college when I got my first ticket. I think these sites can really help you to beat it or at least lessen the fine and in Northern VA where the people are a little more sane and reasonable than other places.

I'm sure you know about these things but just in case...

If you think the cop used the mobile detector to get your speed did you get a chance to look at his radar detector? You may be able to argue he didn't clock you with a clabrated radar detector and used another device that may not give an accurate reading.

Also, how well lit is the area, because if it was pitch black you might be able to say the last speed limit sign you saw was 40 mph. Take some pics at night to maybe prove this point, look for any trees or anything that might also be blocking your view.

Another thing you can do is check the Section Code of the Virginia Law he put down for the ticket. For example, if the cop put down the Section in the Virginia State Code for tresspassing rather than speeding you automatically get off. I know this is a long shot but it's worth a check.

I don't think you should get a lawyer, just come in there well-dressed and say your piece, take the driving class and it may get lessened due to your driving record but worst case I think you just get the points and you'll have to pay the fine.....no jail time.

Also, you do get 1 plus point for every FULL year of clean driving, so every year before 2005 you got 1 plus point for never getting a ticket so you should be straight.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:01 PM
arjunz

Puria, I just experienced your situation a while ago .... first of all dont worry .. Your License isn't going to get suspened. You can get a lawyer and get your fine reduced ... therefore less points .. reckless ticket is 3 points or either 5 points ....either way its going to hurt you. I would strongly recommend going to Court and pleading guilty .. all the judge is going to do is ... tell you to take driving class .. after you complete that driving class .. since your over 18! ... you get 5 points added to your record ... so if 5 points were taken off for htis ticket .. you'd be back at zero .. which is fine .. if it was a 3 point ticket .. you would have a +2 on your record .. so that means .. you actually benefitted from this ticket .. obviously having to pay court fees and the driving classes fee. Dont just pay off the ticket ... because a RD ticket is going to hurt your insurance .. Good Luck to you man . .and sorry to hear about the ticket.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:15 PM
arjunz

Also .. if u decide to go with a lawyer and spending the extra bucks ... call a few lawyers and consult them about the situation ... they will probably know more about the driving laws and what can be the consequences of your ticket better than us.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:27 PM
pdjafari

Guys I appreciate all the advice!! Makes me feel better!! Thanks!! The area if any of you guys are familiar with it, is certainly PITCH BLACK with no lighting whatsoever. AND there are also plenty of tree's in the region BUUT i dont want to make any excuses. I am completely responsible and I feel like its a lesson learned. Thanks again guys!

FYI guys, this strech of dranesville from Elden Street to Herndon High school which is just over 1/4 mile is 25mph and then turns into 40mph around the area i was stopped!!

Last edited by pdjafari; 06-09-2005 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Byrnie

The point of him taking the driving class was not for points but for the fact that it looks like he did what he could to improve his driving . Make sure you shave too. Good idea Arjunz, do that puria, you can at least tell them your situation and what they recommend.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:59 PM
pdjafari

^hahaha, i was thinking about sporting an al qaeda beard with a wife beater and some saggy billy shorts. so u tryin to say i dont shave??

byrnie i had a rough nite before the DIY day and i hate shaving. not to mention im middle eastern so i actually got facial hair and gotta shave like every 3-4 days!!