NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Please post where you guys got your tints and how much??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Pratik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please post where you guys got your tints and how much??

I know there's alwyas a ton of questions of local tint shops. Please post where and how much your tint costs.

I got mine done by Matt at TNT Tint in Alexandria, VA. He also spray painted the back dot matrix (I know some dont like that but I personally did) and did a great job. He also did my previous car with great success. My total came out to $250 with $160 for the the windows and $90 for the spray painting.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:07 AM
mbq62

Lets see some pics with that. By the way anyone selling stock 18's?????
Old 04-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Pratik

I dont have any pics of the actualy spray painting black strip. I think my installer recommended this because of even the slightest of bubbles that can be seen over that dot matrix. From the outside it looks great and from the inside, you just see a dark black strip on the top. I will try and get some pics but as far as outside pics, I got 35% all around which you can see in my sig if you'd like.

Sorry bro I dont have stock 18's but I do have some 17's if you want those
Old 04-12-2005, 10:22 AM
startertan

I got mine done at United Solar Tinting in Laurel. $130 and he did an outstanding job. Sorry no stock 18s to sell...
Old 04-12-2005, 10:30 AM
pdjafari

got mine done at calif. tint for $180...did an OK job...nothing special...
www.californiatint.com
Old 04-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Pratik

You been bitten by the mod bug? Everytime I see your sig its GROWING.

Originally Posted by pdjafari
www.californiatint.com
Old 04-12-2005, 10:45 AM
mbq62

Originally Posted by pdjafari
www.californiatint.com
I remember them quoting me for 250. Bastards.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Pratik

Originally Posted by mbq62
I remember them quoting me for 250. Bastards.
Maybe that was LA Tint instead of California Tint. I know I confuse those 2 all the time.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:11 AM
vlm7

Puria, let me know how the Stillen damper install goes. It looks interesting, but others have indicated its a pain. If you install yours easily, wanna install one for me?
Old 04-12-2005, 11:32 AM
pdjafari

Pratik....man dont remind me...when i sit and think about the $$.... i get depressed....
....mod bug's a b1tch...

vic, i'll have the pulley and damper tomorrow...i'll let u know how install is...i read alot about the stillen damper but saw user's who bought more recent versions didnt have the same problems. besides, what fun is install if it's all going by the book?? let me know if you want to pick one up...concept z got me a great price - $135 shipped. And if u want help installing the damper, first you have to take a pic of your car w/ a fallen down tree in front of it...then i'll think about it

also anyone wants a UR pulley talk to the350zforums they are great to deal w/ and got me crank pulley w/ belts and shipping for $204...best price ive seen...
Old 04-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Gmoney4

LA Tint in Alexandria. $200 if I remember correctly. I would suggest going darker than 28% if you have a willow interior. Mine is not near dark enough, I want to get it re-done... hhmmm.. good thing this thread was started.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Pratik

You ever have any problems with your tints in VA? I'm 35% so I'm legal in Maryland but I work in Virginia and always worried about being pulled over. I also have a radar which I turn off in VA but with my clear turn signals and tint, they can hit me pretty good with fines possibly.

Originally Posted by Gmoney4
LA Tint in Alexandria. $200 if I remember correctly. I would suggest going darker than 28% if you have a willow interior. Mine is not near dark enough, I want to get it re-done... hhmmm.. good thing this thread was started.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Gmoney4

pratik - not during the day, it doesn't look dark at all. At night you can't see inside though. But I've never had problems with it. I don't have my front license plate on either, and have clears as well. I have excuses for all of them (besides the tint) though, so I'm running a fine line for now. I've actually had a few policemen stop right next to me with the windows up, glance over and not think anything of it. I really don't think its that big of deal here (at least my area).
Old 04-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Pratik

Yeah good thing. My friends dont have any problems in Maryland with their tint dark tints either. I guess the thing that worries me is the radar just chillin by the rear view mirror there. If I am to be pulled over that'll definitely be seen. Ahh well. Just gotta watch my speeds on the Toll Road

Originally Posted by Gmoney4
pratik - not during the day, it doesn't look dark at all. At night you can't see inside though. But I've never had problems with it. I don't have my front license plate on either, and have clears as well. I have excuses for all of them (besides the tint) though, so I'm running a fine line for now. I've actually had a few policemen stop right next to me with the windows up, glance over and not think anything of it. I really don't think its that big of deal here (at least my area).
Old 04-12-2005, 07:21 PM
god_of_cpu

I got mine done at the Tint Shop in md. I paid $190 and its starting to peel! I went back to them and complained, but they refused to do anything about it.

Quick Reply: Please post where you guys got your tints and how much??