NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Sunday August 12 No Hassel Meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 12:41 PM
G ZILLA
G ZILLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunday August 12 No Hassel Meet

Since we have such a great and frequent time with the law recently. I have decided to hide us all at the parking lot behind the Skyline Sport and Health Club and Target off of Kings St aka Route 7. I counted the parking spaces and it holds just over 260 cars so I think we will have enough room. The place is isolated from Route 7, Geroge Mason Drive, and Seminary Road. These streets make a triangle around the meet location. As long as everyone keeps their car in a straight line and under 4,000 RPMs in the parking lot, no one will bother us. This is a Sunday so things should be smooth for traffic and hassels.

Where the heck is this place?

I395 north from mixing bowl or I396 South from DC Exit King St. West. Pass the Fridays on your way up the hill. Go through a like 2 lights. Cross George Mason Drive. Once you pass the light to the Target entrance, stay in your left lane. Make a left at the next intersection which is the light at South Jefferson. Go up the ramp as if you are headed to Skyline Sport and Health. Pass the three big buildings on your right (one has a blue SAIC sign on top). Make a right at the stop sign..you will be behind those huge buildings away from being seen by the POPO...
Alternate way sort of
I395 north from mixing bowl or I396 South from DC Exit King St. West. Pass the Fridays on your way up the hill. Go through 2 lights. Stay in left lane. Make a left at George Mason Drive. Go through one light then make a right at the next light. Go up the ramp. Make left at stop sign on the top of the hill. Enter parking lot.
Since the cops are so bad in VA. I say we meet here then cruise through DC up Rock Creek Parkway...we need to stay out of VA as much as possible. I think this could be a regular spot for the VA folks, if we keep the riff raff down to a minimum.
Whats near by Quiznos, two subways, CC Pizza, Starbucks, Traget, Chilis, Clydes, Fridays, Ruby Tuesdays, Panera Bread, etc.
[IMG][/IMG]

1.) G ZILLA
2.) Gcoupeturbo.... someones gotta remind me about this meet.. i always forget
3.) Jonell295
4.) Shocka04
5.) g6g35
Old 07-31-2007, 02:46 PM
shibal_z

LOL!!! I used to work there at the Skyline complex as a DISA contractor. The window shot confirms the visitor parking lot.

My only worry is that the whole Skyline office complex is either for DISA or companies doing business with DISA. A caravan of cars may freak out whichever security detail is patrolling the area, if any.

The other points of note is the Bailey's Cross Roads Meyer Emco right off Rte. 7. I got my audio work done there and a good stop to check out the latest ICE gear and chat with installers if not too busy. There is also a Tweeters nearby where Best Buy is, but they have no car audio installers there.

Unfortunately, I took another job to get away from that hellish commute to my home in Fairfax.

Cheers!
Old 07-31-2007, 03:50 PM
G ZILLA
G ZILLA

Lol!

Originally Posted by shibal_z
LOL!!! I used to work there at the Skyline complex as a DISA contractor. The window shot confirms the visitor parking lot.

My only worry is that the whole Skyline office complex is either for DISA or companies doing business with DISA. A caravan of cars may freak out whichever security detail is patrolling the area, if any.

The other points of note is the Bailey's Cross Roads Meyer Emco right off Rte. 7. I got my audio work done there and a good stop to check out the latest ICE gear and chat with installers if not too busy. There is also a Tweeters nearby where Best Buy is, but they have no car audio installers there.

Unfortunately, I took another job to get away from that hellish commute to my home in Fairfax.

Cheers!
Yeah I live near/above that Ford Explorer in the pic upper corner! That use to be my office as I too was a DISA contractor. I worked for SRA then. I live there and legally any of my "friends" can use that parking lot on the weekends. I have poeple over all the time and no one has ever said a word. I have only had about 10 cars, but still thats plenty.

Funny they tow like crazy from Skyline Sport and health during the week, but I have yet to see one during my two years living there on the weekends. Like I said, Savoy Park Residence may have their friends park in this lot on the weekends....if overnight, must buy a pass for 10 bucks!.......ouch!

lol.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:00 AM
G35zkyline

sup fellas you guys going to this?
Old 08-03-2007, 04:29 AM
ghost30

Do you have like, a close address.. So that I could just punch it in Nav?
Old 08-03-2007, 06:59 AM
LEK

Originally Posted by G35zkyline
sup fellas you guys going to this?
I might go if you're rolling zeus.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:47 AM
G ZILLA
G ZILLA

5203 Leesburg Pike....Falls Church VA 22041.... This is the second of the 3 main buildings...the one with the blue SAIC sign ontop. Parking lot is behind this buidling...out of site..out of mind.

You can also map Skyline Sport and Health Club which is5115 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22041
(703) 820-4100
Old 08-04-2007, 01:47 AM
ghost30

Originally Posted by G ZILLA
5203 Leesburg Pike....Falls Church VA 22041.... This is the second of the 3 main buildings...the one with the blue SAIC sign ontop. Parking lot is behind this buidling...out of site..out of mind.

You can also map Skyline Sport and Health Club which is5115 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22041
(703) 820-4100
Cool Thanks. Anyone going to the z meet on sat 11th in Rockville?
Old 08-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Kazaam35x

Originally Posted by ghost30

Where in rockville??
Old 08-04-2007, 09:19 AM
BlacKat

Originally Posted by LEK
I might go if you're rolling zeus.
aww, that's cute
Old 08-04-2007, 09:47 AM
G ZILLA
G ZILLA

Originally Posted by ghost30
50/50 on Sat....Wife needs sometime also....lol.. Sat and Hosting on Sun is a stretch...although she did drive her 06 GLI to the Kingstowne Meet.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:32 PM
G35zkyline

Originally Posted by BlacKat
aww, that's cute
Dont be jealous
Old 08-12-2007, 06:56 PM
G ZILLA
G ZILLA

Old 08-12-2007, 07:00 PM
G ZILLA
G ZILLA

Big shout out goes to P-ditty and Rob-low. Also Dan and Little Mike in the X terra.

The meet was small but very fun and entertaining. Im glad we all linked up. Wish there were more. This location is simply the best location ever IMO.

Take it easy, and thanks again for coming out.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:48 PM
LEK

nice pics. didn't realize it was today. i could have came out.

Quick Reply: Sunday August 12 No Hassel Meet