NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

RAVE: Chris @ Refined Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 01:39 PM
jimmyshaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAVE: Chris @ Refined Detailing

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...e-47-pics.html

The G35C was at its worst looking when I brought it to Chris yesterday. Swirl marks anywhere and everywhere and he brought this car back to life by getting rid of them. Since I live in a high-rise condo complex and don't have the resources to detail the car myself, I've taken the car to three different "detail shops" in the area, and none of them could produce the results that Chris did.

You may pay more with Chris' service, but who cares? For me, car detailing should be as close to perfection as possible, so why pay less and not get the results that your car deserves??
Old 06-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Nismo G

WOW!!! The car looks amazingly clean!!! That color is just beautiful in the right light!

-Sean
Old 06-24-2007, 01:54 PM
gary c

Great detailing....it's worth every $

Wow, what a difference.......great recovery! Doesn't Twilight Blue look
absolutely bitchen? It has to be one of Nissans better colors and not very
common either......
Old 06-25-2007, 10:54 AM
shibal_z

Nice work! If Chris doesn't mind, can you post his contact info? I also have a TB coupe and I'd like to use his services someday.

BTW, is that the LED mirror mod that is being sold in this forum? Looks NICE!!!

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2007, 11:57 AM
jimmyshaker

Originally Posted by shibal_z
Nice work! If Chris doesn't mind, can you post his contact info? I also have a TB coupe and I'd like to use his services someday.

BTW, is that the LED mirror mod that is being sold in this forum? Looks NICE!!!

Thanks!
Chris has a website at http://www.refineddetailing.com. He's more expensive than a detail shop, but it's well worth it in my opinion. $50/hr and took 9 hours to complete the job, inside and out.

And yes, that is the LED mirror that is being sold on the forum. I haven't wired it yet because getting the wire from the door to the engine bay is one pain in the ***. I received the mirrors on Friday night and only had enough time to run the wire from the door to the kickpanel area because I needed to drive the car to Chris the next morning.

But over the weekend, I read where one person who installed the mirrors had mentioned that he wired it to the wiring harness inside the door. I PMed him for details, and still waiting to hear back from him.

Now I'm just waiting on the Inven Grill to come in, stick the Fuji symbol to the mesh, and replace the OEM mesh in the bumper with the same mesh as the one in the grill. Should come out looking good.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:30 PM
brian2004

Looks good now how did the car get so bad .....looks like someone washed it with sandpaper. He did a good job buffing it out.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:50 PM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brian2004
Looks good now how did the car get so bad .....looks like someone washed it with sandpaper. He did a good job buffing it out.
serioulsy, did you run out of cotton towel so you used paper towel instead? I don't imagine the car's clearcoat does that by itself. It's a good buff and i don't know what exactly he did but 9 hours seems like a lot of work for a detail. I mean it looks good and all. But the one thing i would note is that a detail will only keep the car as clean as the owner will maintain it. So don't do whatever you did to the car before the detail, because you can probably put swirls on there as easy as it was for him to buff it off.

~Khoa
Old 06-25-2007, 01:46 PM
jimmyshaker

Originally Posted by ratm68
serioulsy, did you run out of cotton towel so you used paper towel instead? I don't imagine the car's clearcoat does that by itself. It's a good buff and i don't know what exactly he did but 9 hours seems like a lot of work for a detail. I mean it looks good and all. But the one thing i would note is that a detail will only keep the car as clean as the owner will maintain it. So don't do whatever you did to the car before the detail, because you can probably put swirls on there as easy as it was for him to buff it off.

~Khoa
I never do any detailing because I don't have the resources to maintain it myself. The reason why all those swirl marks were in there was because I had the car in the body shop, not knowing they'd wash it. I guess they tried to go above and beyond by buffing it, but as you can see, they made it much worse.

As for the 9 hours being a lot of work for a detail, that's what I want. If you take the car to a detail shop, they're going to spend much less time on it because they have to work on other cars during that time. And because they spend less time on your car, you're not going to get the same results I got from Chris.

I always relied on detail shops to do a simple wash, but I'm going to be washing it myself from now on, but letting someone like Chris do the polishing/waxing when necessary.