NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Peeling paint and $126 fix ?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 05:44 PM
NISMOTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Peeling paint and $126 fix ?!

Ok, here's the deal.... My driver's side front splash guard is peeling. The paint is peeling/flaking off from it and I took my car into the stealership today to get the headlight recall taken care of and a few other things.

My question is, shouldn't this be covered under warranty? Or am I in dreamland and need to wake up and stomach the cost. Oh, that $126? Yeah, he said that's for a new pair I would have to pay for but, he'd install them free. Didn't even mention/offer touch up paint but, to buy a new front set and replace them entirely.

Opinions?!
Old 06-18-2007, 06:04 PM
AthensBlueG

Where is it flaking off? The part that faces the wheel well? Are you sure it's not due to road rash?

If the paint is flaking off that's due to a poor paint job. Warranty should cover it being repainted, or them ordering you new ones.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:18 PM
pdjafari

When did the paint start peeling? Was it in turn 2 when I scuffed your splash guard?? Forza 2 must be so realistic that when I scraped your splash guard passing you, it really happened to your car in real life. Thank god I'm not playing Forza!!

Last edited by pdjafari; 06-18-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:09 PM
superchargedg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pdjafari
When did the paint start peeling? Was it in turn 2 when I scuffed your splash guard?? Forza 2 must be so realistic that when I scraped your splash guard passing you, it really happened to your car in real life. Thank god I'm not playing Forza!!
Lmao.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:49 PM
NISMOTO

LOL

It's on the TOP of the splash guard, not on the inside coming out, not on the bottom coming up, it's on the TOP of the splash guard. And yes, I'm SURE I didn't rub or bump anything.

I'll take a pic or two and post them after I pick up the car tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:13 PM
r0csfinest

A certain spot on my side skirt has paint coming off too... as some of yall might of seen at Skyline. Would they cover mine?
Old 06-18-2007, 10:35 PM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NISMOTO
Ok, here's the deal.... My driver's side front splash guard is peeling. The paint is peeling/flaking off from it and I took my car into the stealership today to get the headlight recall taken care of and a few other things.

My question is, shouldn't this be covered under warranty? Or am I in dreamland and need to wake up and stomach the cost. Oh, that $126? Yeah, he said that's for a new pair I would have to pay for but, he'd install them free. Didn't even mention/offer touch up paint but, to buy a new front set and replace them entirely.

Opinions?!

are you just refering to the removable splash guard? It was pretty cheap when i bought my set, definitely not $100 and they come painted. Not sure if they'll cover wear and tear as the splash guard would get a lot of debree fling at it.

~Khoa

~Khoa
Old 06-18-2007, 10:39 PM
NISMOTO

Originally Posted by ratm68
are you just refering to the removable splash guard? It was pretty cheap when i bought my set, definitely not $100 and they come painted. Not sure if they'll cover wear and tear as the splash guard would get a lot of debree fling at it.

~Khoa

~Khoa
Yeah, it's the removable splash guard. And the peeling is off the top. It's not from the inside going out or from the bottom going up [as would typically be expected if debris from the tire was belting it] it's just on the top of it. And I bought my car just 9 months ago and they're not even going to dab some touch up paint on it. But instead tell me they'll sale me a front set for $126, that's just insane. Dab some dam touch up paint on it and be done.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:56 AM
brian2004

Originally Posted by NISMOTO

Opinions?!

Buy a new set of splash guards for 65 bucks.