NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

AAM meet 06.02.07 (dyno chart & pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Ralph0064

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant just walk in there with my dyno sheets in hand and bitch to them why I didnt get the advertised 8-15hp gain. they'll just tell me to fuvk off. It'd be a waste of a trip. Im happier here at home just posting hard evidence that the flash is useless, at least to me it was.

All they CAN say is "every application is different" & yours didnt react as well as others.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:17 PM
6spG

I was thinking more along the lines of proceeding in an amicable manner. If you give them a call they may have other alternatives for your set up.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 PM
LEK

Originally Posted by Ralph0064
here ya go fellas: Got the car dynoed at Extreme motorsports this morning @ 10:00am. I will say, the extreme staff wasnt the brightest when it came down to knowing much about G35's. I'll cut em' some slack since they specialize in evos & I was only there for the dyno.

Sorry 'bout the lightness of the dyno sheet. Its hard to read even in person.

The car showed absolutely NO IMPROVEMENT was so ever. I take the differences in hp/tq numbers as variances between dynos. With that said fellas, I went thru the motions and I tested AAM's product for worthiness. At least this could help someone make a decision on wether or not they want to spend the $$$$$ for it.

Im throwing in the card on this one. Its not like I dont have plenty of breather mods, ya know

should have taken my advice and waited for dyno day. but im serious about the cai and spacer combo. i know there's a thread somewhere about this.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 PM
SILVERSURFERG35

Ralph , Ralph , Ralph !!! We can both go to AAE and Bit*h ! I go mine done a few day before the meet up there . I have the platinum 06 with the 20 inch Asantis that was on the Skyline Drive Meet with you guys . We have almost the same set up with everything . My last mod was a new clutch and light weight flywheel before the flash . MY CAR FEELS EXACTLY THE SAME !!!!! No difference . The reason I did the flash was another thread that a dude did a flash and his car was like night and day ! That is exactly what I didn't get ! I really want my money back ! That sh*t was a joke ! Tell me when to meet you up there and we can get our money back ! Let me know !!!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:15 AM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's no guarantee that they'll be willing to work. But bad press is an expense no company want to take. You have simple prove that NOTHING was altered. If they argue, then simply ask them, what evidence do they have that it was done other the sticker that they put on and 500 extra rpm. Perhaps they haven't gotten the rev up ecu figured out like they thought they did.

~Khoa
Old 06-12-2007, 09:20 AM
LEK

AAM is just losing more and more credibility every day.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:43 AM
civicguyinva

I should be getting my reflashed ecu back shortly and will be at the g35 dyno day for results. I'll post them as a second opnion to back up if this reflash is really worth anything.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:44 AM
LEK

Originally Posted by civicguyinva
I should be getting my reflashed ecu back shortly and will be at the g35 dyno day for results. I'll post them as a second opnion to back up if this reflash is really worth anything.
cant wait to see
Old 06-12-2007, 11:14 AM
ratm68

Originally Posted by civicguyinva
back from where? Techno? You won't really have a before and after comparison and may fall into the butt dyno theory of "feeling" it

~Khoa
Old 06-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Ralph0064

I have the platinum 06 with the 20 inch Asantis that was on the Skyline Drive Meet with you guys . We have almost the same set up with everything
yea man, I remember ya. I do wonder if they have several types of flashes available. I had to tell them all my mods (have no idea why) before doing it. If a flash wasnt for me then tell me, maybe a UTEC was a better route. I think Im gonna shoot them an e-mail with my findings and see how much they really care.

I should be getting my reflashed ecu back shortly and will be at the g35 dyno day for results.
do you have a "before" dyno run? If not, then we have nothing to compare it to. I really would like to see if the issue is with them not having a good enough flash for the revup motors.

back from where? Techno?
correct me if Im wrong but I remember him winning a free ecu-flash from AAM the day of the meet. (raffled)
Old 06-12-2007, 05:19 PM
ratm68

Oh, I figured he would of just drive there rather than mailing back and forth, that's why i thought he went with Techno.

~Khoa
Old 06-12-2007, 09:32 PM
civicguyinva

Yes I have a baseline dyno. It was not done at the DTM location, but hopefully the numbers will still give a rough idea if there is a big change. I car pool and the G35 just sits in a parking spot until a track day for the most part so instead of driving up to MD I just shipped it. The guys at AAM were really good as far as customer service. I have a new issue though. My upper plenum cracked. There was barely any pressure on the bolts and it cracked the plenum enough that it was leaking air badly. I have a new plenum on the way, but damn....what a POS.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Ralph0064

^ dang bro. was that your oem one? how in the world do you crack that? (lol)
Old 06-13-2007, 08:58 AM
civicguyinva

Yea, OEM. I have a feeling there was a stress crack or something in it already because I had the bolts hand tightened and went back around with a ratched gently just to try to keep the pressure even and everything aligned right and CRACK! I luckily know someone who got me a rather good deal on a new one $170 shipped to my door. IF this one cracks too I'm gonna be irrate.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:00 PM
NISMOTO

cracked plenum.... ouch, that sux @$$.

I'm currently debating on getting a new dyno done before I get the AAM plenum splacer and intake put on. I have a new air filter, last one was dirty as all HELL. But, dunno if it'd be worth it or not. And then get another one right after I get the intake parts put on. Opinions?

Quick Reply: AAM meet 06.02.07 (dyno chart & pics inside)