NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

AAM meet 06.02.07 (dyno chart & pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Ralph0064

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im having my whip dynoed again @ extreme motorsports this monday (they're much closer to me). Lets see whats happens.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:50 PM
LEK

maybe its the cai and spacer??????
Old 06-08-2007, 02:56 PM
NISMOTO

Originally Posted by Ralph0064
Im having my whip dynoed again @ extreme motorsports this monday (they're much closer to me). Lets see whats happens.
Good luck, hopefully the ECU flash has "set in" or whatever AAM said and you get better numbers. How much does EM charge and do they do 3 pulls also?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Ralph0064

How much does EM charge and do they do 3 pulls also?
$105.00 for 3 pulls....

maybe its the cai and spacer??????
who knows bro. Guess the only way to make power is to go F/I (lol)
Old 06-08-2007, 05:55 PM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always questioned what the flash really do. There seem to be plenty of people and their butt dyno that swears by it. The graph show absolutely no improvement. I think 3 HP is within the error margin that you would get from multiple dyno runs. Your A/R seem to be the same and the graph didn't exactly smooth out or improved. I don't understand the philosophy behind letting the car break in after a flash. Thats the first i heard of that, but i might be wrong. Only evidence of the flash taken place is simply that extra 500rpm you got on your second pull. Dynoing the car else where doesn't change anything as dyno varies and pulling more at Extreme doesn't mean your flash worked. What's important was the before and after and it's clearly show that nothing was changed. The reason NISMOTO pulled good, is that the MREV, while giving you great mid range, tappers off at the top so you're missing those extra few hundre rpm to gain at the top.

~Khoa
Old 06-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Ralph0064

^ I totally see your point & agree with you. The only reason Im having the car dynoed again is because Mike over at AAM told me I'd get better numbers once I drove the vehicle for a while. now, you and I know that sounds like your typical BS line....so basically, im just going thru the motions.

...with that said, the $100 bucks I'll spend dynoing the car again is worth me documenting what the "AAM flash does or does not do". This way it could help others decide wether or not its worth spending the beans for it.

I dont expect to do any better. If I do, fine, but what would make me think its actually the car that did better or the differences in the calibrations of the two dyno-jets. Hmmm... dunno. I mean, the car doesnt feel any different.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:58 AM
G-Tofu

^^what do you get in AAM ECU reflash? Did they raise rev-limiter to 8rpm? looks like you need an UTEC
Old 06-11-2007, 01:43 PM
rbnvodka

AAM ECU reflash only takes ur rev-limiter to 7100RPM. You want 8000RPM? Get ur motor built first!!

Last edited by rbnvodka; 06-11-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:27 PM
NISMOTO

...with that said, the $100 bucks I'll spend dynoing the car again is worth me documenting what the "AAM flash does or does not do". This way it could help others decide wether or not its worth spending the beans for it.
That's what I'm anxious to find out. To see if it actually does anything or not and to have the dyno results to as evidence of either.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Ralph0064

UPDATE on AAM's ecu-reflash

here ya go fellas: Got the car dynoed at Extreme motorsports this morning @ 10:00am. I will say, the extreme staff wasnt the brightest when it came down to knowing much about G35's. I'll cut em' some slack since they specialize in evos & I was only there for the dyno.

Sorry 'bout the lightness of the dyno sheet. Its hard to read even in person.

The car showed absolutely NO IMPROVEMENT was so ever. I take the differences in hp/tq numbers as variances between dynos. With that said fellas, I went thru the motions and I tested AAM's product for worthiness. At least this could help someone make a decision on wether or not they want to spend the $$$$$ for it.

Im throwing in the card on this one. Its not like I dont have plenty of breather mods, ya know

Old 06-11-2007, 04:27 PM
ratm68

Sorry to see the results. Thanks for being the gunie pig. I'd talk to AAM about your flash results and how there's little evidence anything was done other than the adding 500rpm to the rev limiter. You can use your before and after dyno as proof as it has A/F which showed no change. As you can see, the variance in your two Extreme pulls were 3-4hp, which could of been your "gain" from the flash.

~Khoa

here ya go fellas: Got the car dynoed at Extreme motorsports this morning @ 10:00am. I will say, the extreme staff wasnt the brightest when it came down to knowing much about G35's. I'll cut em' some slack since they specialize in evos & I was only there for the dyno.

Sorry 'bout the lightness of the dyno sheet. Its hard to read even in person.

The car showed absolutely NO IMPROVEMENT was so ever. I take the differences in hp/tq numbers as variances between dynos. With that said fellas, I went thru the motions and I tested AAM's product for worthiness. At least this could help someone make a decision on wether or not they want to spend the $$$$$ for it.

Im throwing in the card on this one. Its not like I dont have plenty of breather mods, ya know

Old 06-11-2007, 04:49 PM
NISMOTO

oh wow, no reflash for me. At least not the AAM one.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:17 PM
ratm68

Originally Posted by NISMOTO
oh wow, no reflash for me. At least not the AAM one.
I fear they might of just messed his flash, or really didn't do anything other than the rev limiter. Others seem to be able to feel their flash, including flashes from AAM.

~Khoa
Old 06-11-2007, 06:37 PM
NISMOTO

Originally Posted by ratm68
I fear they might of just messed his flash, or really didn't do anything other than the rev limiter. Others seem to be able to feel their flash, including flashes from AAM.

~Khoa
So how would you get that corrected, if that's the case? Just walk in and tell them you don't feel it? Would they check/reflash it again for free? I'm thinking that would be a tough case to win. And I would like to see others before/after AAM reflash.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:54 PM
6spG

Originally Posted by NISMOTO
So how would you get that corrected, if that's the case? Just walk in and tell them you don't feel it? Would they check/reflash it again for free? I'm thinking that would be a tough case to win. And I would like to see others before/after AAM reflash.
I was wondering the same thing. I think I would defiantly bring this to there attention and see what they would do.

Quick Reply: AAM meet 06.02.07 (dyno chart & pics inside)