NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

2 die in road rage on I-270, Frederick, MD

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:04 AM
startertan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 die in road rage on I-270, Frederick, MD

Don't know if anyone read about this yet. Pretty f'ed up if you ask me. And the driver of the pick up didn't even stop! You just murdered (essentially) 2 people and took off...piece of shyt Brake checking is for p*ssies in my opinion. It's sad the 2 died but they weren't wearing seatbelts. I'm against the seat belt law in that I think it's stupid for the government to tell me I HAVE to wear a seatbelt but I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt...feels weird when I don't.

I hope they catch this guy and whatever his story is I hope there are eye witnesses to either confirm or deny his story either way in regards to who started it and who did what. $20 says that one of them was blocking the left lane, the other went around and cut the other off and that's what started it.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/tra...,6124867.story
Old 04-12-2007, 08:52 AM
ampm24

I clap for stupid drivers. I find it more fun then giving them the bird. I guess one day it will catch up to me. It actually seems to irritate them even more then cursing them. I don't let it get far though. One time when I was in NC, some jack off in a dodge ram tried to break check me cause I was following too close. At least in his opinion. Seeing that I could stop much faster then him, and I was far enough away, it caused me no harm, and I backed off a little more. The second time he did it, which he did cause he was mad he didn't get me the first time, I secretly called 911 and had the cops meet up with us on the road. He tried to deny it till I showed the cop the video I recored on my Cell phone. The cop was a little bothered that I recorded a video while driving, but didn't give me a ticket. The other driver got 2 tickets. One was reckless endangerment/driving or something like that. Not sure what the other one was. Nowadays, I try to just lay low, but I find my fuse getting shorter and shorter with stupid people who no longer pay attention to the road. Like the ones wait till you get really close, cut you off, and go 10 MPH. Oh, and there was no one behind you. How can you not throw your hands up and shake your head?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:58 AM
LEK

Originally Posted by startertan
Don't know if anyone read about this yet. Pretty f'ed up if you ask me. And the driver of the pick up didn't even stop! You just murdered (essentially) 2 people and took off...piece of shyt Brake checking is for p*ssies in my opinion. It's sad the 2 died but they weren't wearing seatbelts. I'm against the seat belt law in that I think it's stupid for the government to tell me I HAVE to wear a seatbelt but I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt...feels weird when I don't.

I hope they catch this guy and whatever his story is I hope there are eye witnesses to either confirm or deny his story either way in regards to who started it and who did what. $20 says that one of them was blocking the left lane, the other went around and cut the other off and that's what started it.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/tra...,6124867.story

I almost caught a case because of road rage. Everyone needs to understand that although this is a free country... there are people who will flip out and kick your a$$ or even kill you. If you aren't prepared to do the same. Don't even bother running your mouth or acting out. Because in the end... even if they get arrested... you'll be dead.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Espresso

I heard this story along with a few others on the news last night. Major accidents everywhere yesterday it seems. In this case, it seems to have dragged on for a few miles at high speeds. It's sad that the couple died but the driver's stupidity aided in this result. On the news, the tire tracks showed the car basically just leaving the road up an embankment that catapulted the car like it was on a ramp. The car ended up in the woods taking down small trees and both people ejected from the car. I doubt seat belts would of saved any one of them but you have to think about it. If you were in a car and had to swerve, the only thing holding you down to be able to control your car is your seatbelt. If you're flopping around, how are you going to control your own vehicle? Also, the shoulders on a 2 lane highways are pretty wide and it's a very bad idea to actually leave the paved surface if you wanted to stop. I witness a similar thing on I-66 once when some guy in an Accord couldn't stop on time and decided to swerve. His mistake was swerving into the grass median where there's no traction. Luckily for him and the traffic on the other side of the road was he stopped on their shoulder and didn't enter their lane.

I'm not saying anyone who doesn't wear seat belts is a bad person but as a driver, have respect for others on the road to at least be able to control your own vehicle in an emergency. You flopping around and missing the brakes on the highway can't be smart. It's even worse when you see someone who's on the cellphone, smoking and without seat belts. I avoid those people like the plague.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 AM
terryw

sad that they died, but
1) they didnt wear seat belts
2) they were beefin' with people on the road, is it worth it?

Rant:
I just never understand why people feel the need to road rage, ok fine someone cut you off... your commute is delayed by like what? 10 seconds?
I dont get why people get so pissed and why they are in such a hurry?
I also hate it when people are so rude, when I want to change lane, instead of letting me in, they drive up and close the gap. I always let people in when they give the turn signal.

I hate it even more when people don't even bother to signal and just try to force them selves into a lane, I guess they rather do it that way than giving the turn signal only to see the gap close up because people wont let you in.
drivers in this area are very selfish.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:56 AM
pdjafari

^^hell yeah mang!! I do all of the above!! you gotta drive around here like cab drivers in NYC...

But I have noticed though, wherever there are alot of asians and indians, there's alot of road rage. I think they are directly related to one another.

Indians + asians + cars = road rage for others
Old 04-12-2007, 09:57 AM
SejinxChoujin

I just say that the tri-state area has the worst drivers in the country. Not us though. We drive G's. Therefore we're great drivers.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Pratik

Man, its easy to sit there and say why do people have road rage.. I consider myself a pretty mild tempered person unless you really get on my nerves but having a 1 hour commute EACH WAY has really made me into a different person when I'm driving.

Whether its just stupid driving or reckless driving I just have no tolerance for it when I'm sitting in so much traffic and I can't get to my destination quicker than what I should be. Yes, I **** people off when I drive or cut them off but I never give anyone the finger or curse with my windows down. I'm amazed I still haven't had an 'incident' let alone an accident on the highways just yet.

Going back to this case though aside from road rage and all wear your freakin seatbelt!! Everything aside it does save lives.... If you had a bad temper or not.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Espresso

My commute is an hour each way as well through moderate/heavy traffic depending on the area. I admit I'm not the best and well behaved driver but I try to be at least alert. If traffic opens up, I'm going to driver faster but if some idiot is coming up on me 20+mph faster than me, I'll move over and let him pass if it's safe for me to do so. I think the main reason people in this area gets road rage is simply because they believe they're entitled to own a lane while others with little common sense are out to disprove them. It's fine to drive fast but to tail someone just to prove a point is stupid and I see this often. In heavy traffic where everyone is going 20-30mph I know I'm not going anywhere fast but theres people out there that has to past every car in their path.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:01 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

I hated to read about this yesterday. Road rage is tough and I try my best not to take part in it. Just like pratik, I do end up cutting people off also, and not dangerously (if that makes any sense). Some people may get upset (few) but I dont feed into it or give any feedback. Now, when someone pulls out in front of me while Im doing 60 mph on a main road and causes me to have my secondary brake system kick in, I am leaning on the horn. After that though, I dont flip anyone off etc...

Its a tough balance sometimes...
Old 04-12-2007, 12:51 PM
civicguyinva

There is a big difference between getting mad at someone while driving and road rage. Road rage is not something you can control without seeking professional help. If you think people with real road rage can just stop being mad then you might want to ask people with AIDS to go ahead and just stop having AIDS too. (Yea I know that was a bad comparison)

The driver not wearing the seatbelt is not what caused them to go out of control. They were out of control before and that's why the car flipped. Could the seat belts have saved their lives after they were out of control? maybe, but no way to know now.

I just hope people will learn some day. I pass countless people every day on my way home from work who are cutting people off, talking on their cell phones, drifting from lane to lane unknowingly, driving 20-30 under the speed limit on 495, and many other dangerous and just plain selfish acts. People need to understand there are other people in the world and we would all like to commute safetly.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:18 PM
BlacKat

Originally Posted by ampm24
I clap for stupid drivers. I find it more fun then giving them the bird. I guess one day it will catch up to me. It actually seems to irritate them even more then cursing them. I don't let it get far though. One time when I was in NC, some jack off in a dodge ram tried to break check me cause I was following too close. At least in his opinion. Seeing that I could stop much faster then him, and I was far enough away, it caused me no harm, and I backed off a little more. The second time he did it, which he did cause he was mad he didn't get me the first time, I secretly called 911 and had the cops meet up with us on the road. He tried to deny it till I showed the cop the video I recored on my Cell phone. The cop was a little bothered that I recorded a video while driving, but didn't give me a ticket. The other driver got 2 tickets. One was reckless endangerment/driving or something like that. Not sure what the other one was. Nowadays, I try to just lay low, but I find my fuse getting shorter and shorter with stupid people who no longer pay attention to the road. Like the ones wait till you get really close, cut you off, and go 10 MPH. Oh, and there was no one behind you. How can you not throw your hands up and shake your head?
WOW! Never heard anyone do that before...
Old 04-12-2007, 01:36 PM
ZXERT

A while ago I was getting on a freeway of stopped traffic. I saw the lane was open for a good 1/3 mile behind the car to my left so I cut over. TRAFFIC WAS STOPPED, NOT MOVING. I look in my rear view mirror and see a 80s civic TIRES SMOKING, didn't hear the screeeech. He comes to a stop about 10 feet from the back of me. My heart was pounding!

I look in the rear view mirror and see a 30's Arab with a mustache SCREAMING HIS HEAD OFF AT ME. He was punching his steering wheel,honking, yelling, flailing his arms and flipping me off. I was thinking two things: 1) Please don't have a gun, a knife I can handle, but no gun. 2) Don't do something stupid like get out of the car. It was funny because about 4 seconds after I saw him screaming I had the whole fight played out in my head, all 5 seconds of it. He didn't get out of his car. When traffic opened up he passed me in the next lane, caught a glimpse of me, and looked straight ahead the rest of the time.

I'm a very passive person when it comes to fights or road rage, but I'm not going to just sit in my car while some idiot breaks my windows. Bracheal stun and hes out. Fluid shockwave FTW.

I wish everyone could just pay attention.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:41 PM
terryw

I was in this friends car (i was still in highschool) he cut this old dude in a bmw convertible off, old dude started screaming and pointing hes middle finger at us. my friend had this fake grenade in hes car, its really a paper weight but looks real... he threw the fake grenade into old dudes car. next thing i know old dude was swerving

that was both pretty dumb and pretty funny.

and yes my friend was asian, and yes asian people got issues

Last edited by terryw; 04-12-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:39 PM
ZXERT

Originally Posted by terryw
I was in this friends car (i was still in highschool) he cut this old dude in a bmw convertible off, old dude started screaming and pointing hes middle finger at us. my friend had this fake grenade in hes car, its really a paper weight but looks real... he threw the fake grenade into old dudes car. next thing i know old dude was swerving

that was both pretty dumb and pretty funny.

and yes my friend was asian, and yes asian people got issues

MY EYES ARE WATERING. HAHAHAHAHA

Quick Reply: 2 die in road rage on I-270, Frederick, MD