NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

RB26DETT swap into G35

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 10:42 AM
JONFLIP29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RB26DETT swap into G35

Well being bored here at work on a saturday got me the thinking of something crazy to do. I've been researching a RB swap into my G35 instead of spending $7k for a twin turbo kit for my VQ35. And thats the kit only. RB26 twin turbo GTR full swap with a GTS tranny (rwd trans) cost about $4200 shipped. Then of course addition cost for installation b/c I don't think i'm down to do the swap myself. *Although it'd be cool if I did do it myself* JE Performance in B-more, which some of you may know the owner James Evans with that grey RB26TT S13, they can do the swap into the G35 with no problem. And i'd also keep the car emissions legal. Hmmm food for thought. What do you guys think? Good next step?
Old 04-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Mase4g63

sounds sick man, DOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTT
Old 04-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Nismo G

Sounds pretty badass, i was thinking of doing it and then everyone jumps your case about the weight distribution and that the car is pointless for cornering after the swap, but i say do it and see the outcome.

-sean
Old 04-07-2007, 11:14 AM
JONFLIP29

Originally Posted by Nismo G
Sounds pretty badass, i was thinking of doing it and then everyone jumps your case about the weight distribution and that the car is pointless for cornering after the swap, but i say do it and see the outcome.

-sean
haha i honestly don't think it'll hurt its cornering that bad with the swap. plus, i'm not going to be tracking this car anyways so my corners go to about 60mph on the street. but if i do drift in the car, it'll be sick with all that power.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:31 AM
b00stedjustin
Banned

-sean
yeah, it would be sick none the less. You have to figure that you are still going to be spending more building the engine,on new turbo's and intercooler, along with everything else. Plus you are talking installation and all of the other problems associated with major swaps like this. Do it if you want to. However, there are a couple people here whom are swapping in v8's from the q45 and are twin turboing them. If you are looking for a major swap, i would follow their example.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:07 PM
JONFLIP29

yea that VK45 twin turbo would be nice as shyt too but i'm a big fan of the RB due to the orginial skyline. plus i'm not rich enough to be like that crazy bastard smokey nagata and go 200+ mph. lol that VK swap would be a hell of a lot more money but yet way more cooler.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Nismo G

Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
yeah, it would be sick none the less. You have to figure that you are still going to be spending more building the engine,on new turbo's and intercooler, along with everything else. Plus you are talking installation and all of the other problems associated with major swaps like this. Do it if you want to. However, there are a couple people here whom are swapping in v8's from the q45 and are twin turboing them. If you are looking for a major swap, i would follow their example.
The RB from my undertstanding mounts directly into our engine bay without many if any modifications to engine mounts and what not. I think the q45 motor requires alot more work, but i am just speaking on something i read allllllooooong time ago and have no idea if its true.

-sean
Old 04-07-2007, 02:39 PM
JONFLIP29

is there anyone on the forums that have done this swap yet?
Old 04-07-2007, 05:59 PM
terryw

someones done it on my350Z.com, dont know about g35. but yeah its not that easy considering the rb26dett has cast iron block and weighs quite a bit more and is much longer and take more space. so youd have to do some serious rearrangement under the hood. if you can get the weight distribution relatively close to 50/50 i think its a great project. just one that takes more work than people usually expect initially. youd definetly be the baddest G35 after you get it done though.
good luck! we are pulling for ya
Old 04-07-2007, 06:36 PM
JONFLIP29

yea i figured the fitment would be really tight so i probably would do the V-mounted radiator and intercooler. cut out that rad. core and custom fit a aluminum frame.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:50 PM
kraqcommando

Dooooo Itttttttt, TRUe Skyline
Old 04-09-2007, 04:58 PM
S TWO K

These guys can help I'm sure.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246638

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjcME3lfkos
Old 04-09-2007, 05:37 PM
MaxGsII

I say go for it!!! If you want it done, and you want it done correctly, JE Import can do it!!!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Jeff92se

That would be me. Taking out a compact, all aluminum V6 and replacing it with a heavy arsed Iron blocked I6 that's twice as long is not smart. Plus add the weight of turbos and intercooler.

I'd much rather have a SC'd LS2 that makes the same power, is infinitately lighter than the iron RB and won't fubar the weight dist.

But you know what? That's just me and my silly logical thinking getting in the way of the mightly sexors l33t RB!

Personally, I think a stock Nissan aluminum V8 rated about 330hp+ is a much better idea than a RB. Most of these RB swaps are done by drifters that could really care less about proper weight dist. In fact, it seems the more front heavy, the better.

-sean

Last edited by Jeff92se; 04-09-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:47 PM
eemon10

how much would all this cost,total??...and what kind of numbers would u be running

Quick Reply: RB26DETT swap into G35