NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

RB26DETT swap into G35

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Jeff92se

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
come early next year the gt-r will be out, which will spank your little vette fanboy.
Oh boy! Wait until next year! How about NOW. Until then Nissan has NOTHING. But wait, by then the SC Vette might be out

One just because you know nothing about drifting "dorifuto" in japanese big guy, doesn't mean others are wrong. You have been clearly wrong throughout this entire thread chief.
Really? Where? Quote? Link? If I've been wrong then MULTIPLE others that had the opportunity to either correct YOU or ME were also wrong. Because it's been YOU that as been corrected again, again and yet again.

p.s. SOHV? lol Didn't you mean SOHC (which is anchient technology). Sorry I don't follow fok f.o.r.d.s. (fix or repair daily)
No NIMROD. SOHC is single overhead cam. Perhaps the correct term would be OHV but I don't think you would have caught that. As you thought the cams are overhead in the LS series anyway.

BTW I'm not too sure your crack on Fords is that warranted. Nissan is not exactly racking up the style points with their oil consuming VQ 4 cylinder and thier VQ35.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 04-11-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:45 PM
vdubman72

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Name ONE form of racing other than Rally, that proves drifting is benefical! ONE!
Sprint Cars
Old 04-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Jeff92se

LOL and ice racing I suppose. Hm motorcycle dirt track too. But wait, that's too much like NASCAR that justin say is "BS" racing. I guess they don't count. Oh well.

Nascar is bull****,
Originally Posted by vdubman72
Sprint Cars
Old 04-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Mase4g63

Jon, just drop a 4g63 in and call it a day....
Old 04-12-2007, 01:19 AM
JONFLIP29

Originally Posted by Mase4g63
Jon, just drop a 4g63 in and call it a day....

haha uhh no....thanks for the thought tho.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:44 AM
pdjafari

haha, drifting will NOT help your time on any real ASPHALT track (rally not included). This isnt gran turismo where powersliding actual improves your laptimes, or where hitting the wall on a powerslide you can maintain your speed at 100mph and continue. We are talking about real life!!!

here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APiApBXkzJc

FYI - formula one cars dont drift!!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Jeff92se

We only told this dude about 18 quintwillion time so far. Drifto is teh 2 sexors and cannot be denied!

Originally Posted by pdjafari
haha, drifting will NOT help your time on any real ASPHALT track (rally not included). This isnt gran turismo where powersliding actual improves your laptimes, or where hitting the wall on a powerslide you can maintain your speed at 100mph and continue. We are talking about real life!!!

here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APiApBXkzJc

FYI - formula one cars dont drift!!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Pratik

Originally Posted by pdjafari
This isnt gran turismo where powersliding actual improves your laptimes, or where hitting the wall on a powerslide you can maintain your speed at 100mph and continue.
Speak for yourself on that one
Old 04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
terryw

according to several episodes of best motoring, where near the end of each episode theres a segment about the JGTC/Super GT series and its driver, drifting is still being used today in the 300GT and 500GT races. depending on the type of corner and situation such as tire wear etc, drifting can be the fastest way around a corner, but its not necessarily something they use extensively the entire race
Old 04-16-2007, 08:31 PM
zackt69

might be a repost...
http://www.turbomagazine.com/feature...iti_g35_coupe/
Old 04-17-2007, 12:18 AM
pdjafari

^^daaaaayumn!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:04 AM
panda007

terryw said it best... theoretically, drifting can be the quickest around a corner, but reproducing the exact same perfect drift for one corner is far less probable than gripping and shooting for the best acceleration line. race cars can accelerate at a blink of an eye... why drift if the expensive *** tires can grip the road like my paws onto a perfect pair of boobies?

that being said, i was researching onto the rb series engines and swaps into 240sx's and the amount of trouble to go through an immaculate swap is a LOT more than i expected. need to consider fabricating crossmembers for transmission and engine, fabricating a rear differential, modifying oil pan to clear sways, modifying transmission to convert to RWD... lots of factors here for a complete swap. not to mention, will need a stand-alone engine management for necessary sensors and tuning to our gas octane ratings. sure... you'll have a unique swap and probably make gobs of power... but with a heavy engine with hard to find parts stateside, will it be worth it?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:55 AM
b00stedjustin
Banned

Oh boy! Wait until next year! How about NOW. Until then Nissan has NOTHING. But wait, by then the SC Vette might be out

Doubtful since they already have a 500 hp z06 out chief and there has been no talks about a more powerful vette that I have heard. Definitely the corvette tuners will have more powerful ones but then again, people will have more powerful gt-r's than stock.

Really? Where? Quote? Link? If I've been wrong then MULTIPLE others that had the opportunity to either correct YOU or ME were also wrong. Because it's been YOU that as been corrected again, again and yet again.
I kinda speak the language and have obviously been in this scene for years longer than you.

No NIMROD. SOHC is single overhead cam. Perhaps the correct term would be OHV but I don't think you would have caught that. As you thought the cams are overhead in the LS series anyway.
Point blank you are wrong, so it's your fault for the confusion "NIMROD" or fanboy.

BTW I'm not too sure your crack on Fords is that warranted. Nissan is not exactly racking up the style points with their oil consuming VQ 4 cylinder and thier VQ35.
Cracks on *** fords are always warranted. VQ 4 cylinder? lol. Yeah, there have been oil consuming problems with a few, and what has nissan done about it (they've replaced the complete engines completely unlike what ford and gm do).
Old 04-17-2007, 09:56 AM
b00stedjustin
Banned

Originally Posted by zackt69
that's what I was talking about earlier, and it was done by the same tuner the thread starter was talking about. It's pretty sick.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:58 AM
terryw

Doubtful since they already have a 500 hp z06 out chief and there has been no talks about a more powerful vette that I have heard.
i guess you never heard of the blue/devil corvette SS coming out next year, 650hp+ super charged LS2 powered corvette.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...et-corvette-ss

Quick Reply: RB26DETT swap into G35