NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

RB26DETT swap into G35

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Mase4g63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
for one, you are suffer from understear when drifting. sorry jeff, but unless you have done anything in this sport you really have no grounds to argue. Powersliding, which is really what you see in the D1 events is not drifting. Powersliding is really an error in driving and drifting is really a learned skill to maximize speed around corners. Nascar is bull****, formula one cars are insane and it would be insane to try to drift one, SCCA events was where drifting first was exposed in the U.S. an caught on (most nobably auto cross), European drifting has really taken off as well and you do see their track cars at exhibitions drifting. Just because you are preping a car for a different track situation doesn't mean that the car is no longer a drift car if drifting was the goal of the build, and that the car the next day wont be set up again for drifting. This is a very weak argument.

Negative, drifting does not get you around corners faster. It's more of a style. Please dont bring drifting in as a form of racing, it's not. You dont need ungodly power to drift, I can take my beater crx convert it into rwd and drift with that b1tch if i wanted to.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Jeff92se

Actually, if you suffer from UNDERSTEER, as justin points out, no need to convert to RWD right?

Originally Posted by Mase4g63
Negative, drifting does not get you around corners faster. It's more of a style. Please dont bring drifting in as a form of racing, it's not. You dont need ungodly power to drift, I can take my beater crx convert it into rwd and drift with that b1tch if i wanted to.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 04-10-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Mase4g63

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Actually, if you suffer from UNDERSTEER, as justin points out, no need to convert to RWD right?
lol...no of course not, get a FWD and drift yourself into the bush.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Jeff92se

Originally Posted by Nismo G
You tell me not to assume yet you assume that putting a LS2 in a g35 is better? "Can you detail this with specifications" that a LS2 is better than a RB swap on a G35? I need technical information...
Sure. Weight of what looks to be a dressed LS2 400lbs.

Quote, originally posted by Nealoc »
RB20 - 476.8lbs YoMani (or something like that, he's on nico) weighed it himself

RB25DET - 720lbs - sport compact car magazine Sept 2003

RB26 unknown to me but estimates range from 550-700lbs from what I just read, I GUARANTEE it is a sh!tload heavier than these weights:

VQ35 long block including intake manifold, no accessories - 313lbs weighed on a recently calibrated auditing scale with supposedly accurate to within +/- 0.5lbs
Stock VQ35 is about 313lbs. Stock LS2 400lbs. RB26DETT anywhere from 550-700lbs! You gotta assume it's close to the rb25det as the rb26 is slighly larger.

Here's my technical information. Where's yours?
Old 04-10-2007, 01:57 PM
kraqcommando

where are you getting the RB26 from?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Jeff92se

In addition, the RB26DETT is twice as long as a VQ35, making weight dist that much harder. The LS2 is only 1 cylinder longer than VQ and has smaller heads. Putting more of it's total weight lower in the chassis.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:39 PM
b00stedjustin
Banned

Originally Posted by Mase4g63
yeah, your wrong again. Drifting is only now about show. It started out on the track, auto-x, and the touge in order to beat faster cars with usually underpowered ones.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:41 PM
b00stedjustin
Banned

Sure. Weight of what looks to be a dressed LS2 400lbs.

Stock VQ35 is about 313lbs. Stock LS2 400lbs. RB26DETT anywhere from 550-700lbs! You gotta assume it's close to the rb25det as the rb26 is slighly larger.

Here's my technical information. Where's yours?
are we talking block or also turbo, intercooler, and plumbing? You suggested a sp ls2, which i do beleive would be close to the weight ofthe rb if you account for everything.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:47 PM
b00stedjustin
Banned

Originally Posted by LEK
people watch too much 3fast 3furious: tokyo drift and initial d.... thats all lol
3f 3f completely inacturately recorded street racing/ touge yet again. Initial D does a much better of a job of it (in japan that is), but most of the initial D stuff is way old. All three stages were out over 6 years ago, and the fourth stage is a little different. Initial D is really how drifting was started in the U.S. and how people here really learned the first things about how to drift, so even though it may be stupid and hokey, you can't really discount all of it's impact. the fast and furiouses IMHO really did more harm then good.

p.s. you really can't call yourself a japanese import guy if you haven't seen the various initial d stages.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Jeff92se

I would think if we are talking 700+lbs, you would be better served to just assume it includes everything. As it would only make your case look even worse. LOL

I don't know justin, do you really think a Magnuson SC is going to weigh 300lbs?? LOL. (you completely crack me up sometimes) Plus it looks like when you put this on, it replaces the existing intake manifold. So the total weight is the SC - the intake.

are we talking block or also turbo, intercooler, and plumbing? You suggested a sp ls2, which i do beleive would be close to the weight ofthe rb if you account for everything.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:50 PM
LEK

3f 3f completely inacturately recorded street racing/ touge yet again. Initial D does a much better of a job of it (in japan that is), but most of the initial D stuff is way old. All three stages were out over 6 years ago, and the fourth stage is a little different. Initial D is really how drifting was started in the U.S. and how people here really learned the first things about how to drift, so even though it may be stupid and hokey, you can't really discount all of it's impact. the fast and furiouses IMHO really did more harm then good.

p.s. you really can't call yourself a japanese import guy if you haven't seen the various initial d stages.
what are you p.s.-ing me for? are you saying i haven't watched initial d? or was that just another hot tip? lol
Old 04-10-2007, 02:50 PM
b00stedjustin
Banned

wrong again. There were crx's and civics in the beginning of the whole drifting thing, but they are harder to drift and it takes a little different technique.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:51 PM
LEK

loool this thread is getting outta control!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Jeff92se

OMG! LOL While clearly posting the fastest times around said track right?

wrong again. There were crx's and civics in the beginning of the whole drifting thing, but they are harder to drift and it takes a little different technique.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:55 PM
LEK

OMG! LOL While clearly posting the fastest times around said track right?
just so i get a jump on things... cause i know its coming any minute now..

... my ***** are bigger!!

Quick Reply: RB26DETT swap into G35