NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

RB26DETT swap into G35

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 09:08 AM
FusionGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it will cost u 20k for RB26 swap. that's what james told me. think twice before spending that much $$$$$ into old engine. did i also mention the new GTR is right around the corner?
Old 04-10-2007, 10:04 AM
b00stedjustin
Banned

Originally Posted by JONFLIP29
this is a RB with around 350-380 hp.

p.s. FC's do rule! lol i love that car.
then i say screw our negative comments and go for the swap.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:13 AM
b00stedjustin
Banned

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I think in general, most road racking suspension setups don't include dialing in massive oversteer and massive neg camber in the front to faciliate rear sliding. Suspensions for road tracking DO include tendencies toward over/understeer depending on the track. But they would almost never include setups like the article I posted. I think power sliding has it's place in some forms of racing like Rally. But I've never seen a nascar, F1, SCCA or European type racing feature sliding around a corner being the fastest way around a track.

IMHO, once you "prep" a drift car to a track, you've essentially taken all the specific things that allowed the car to drift away. It's no longer a drift car.
for one, you are suffer from understear when drifting. sorry jeff, but unless you have done anything in this sport you really have no grounds to argue. Powersliding, which is really what you see in the D1 events is not drifting. Powersliding is really an error in driving and drifting is really a learned skill to maximize speed around corners. Nascar is bull****, formula one cars are insane and it would be insane to try to drift one, SCCA events was where drifting first was exposed in the U.S. an caught on (most nobably auto cross), European drifting has really taken off as well and you do see their track cars at exhibitions drifting. Just because you are preping a car for a different track situation doesn't mean that the car is no longer a drift car if drifting was the goal of the build, and that the car the next day wont be set up again for drifting. This is a very weak argument.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:36 AM
pdjafari

^^DK has spoken!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:41 AM
b00stedjustin
Banned

Originally Posted by pdjafari
^^DK has spoken!!!
shyeahh, right.............
Old 04-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Jeff92se

Understeer while drifting?? Maybe you can post a video. I don't quite see how having your front end washing out though a corner would maximize your speed though a corner. Rally drivers don't understeer though their corners? Nascar is BS huh? Nascar drivers have often done very well in other events that require right turns also. AND in fact, they use the same car. NASCAR cars are IMHO, probably closer to a road track car than a drift car.

Like I said, if drifing though a corner was the fastest way though the course, then you would see more racing cars doing just that. I don't. Except for Rally. Which is great to watch. The only time I've seen cars sliding though a corner is when that was the explicit purpose. Not lap times. I've been and partcipated in a few autocross events. Drifting though a corner was never the way to the fastest time.

Give me an example. I'd like to see one that illustrates your point.

Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
for one, you are suffer from understear when drifting. sorry jeff, but unless you have done anything in this sport you really have no grounds to argue. Powersliding, which is really what you see in the D1 events is not drifting. Powersliding is really an error in driving and drifting is really a learned skill to maximize speed around corners. Nascar is bull****, formula one cars are insane and it would be insane to try to drift one, SCCA events was where drifting first was exposed in the U.S. an caught on (most nobably auto cross), European drifting has really taken off as well and you do see their track cars at exhibitions drifting. Just because you are preping a car for a different track situation doesn't mean that the car is no longer a drift car if drifting was the goal of the build, and that the car the next day wont be set up again for drifting. This is a very weak argument.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:37 AM
LEK

Drifting though a corner was never the way to the fastest time.
+1...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Jeff92se

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this

Originally Posted by LEK
+1...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:44 AM
terryw

LEK = a.k.a. NGC's drift king, a.k.a. NGC's burger king., according to ahem.. initial D , a drift is in it self a form of sever understeer
Old 04-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Jeff92se

I don't speak NGCnese sorry

Originally Posted by terryw
LEK = a.k.a. NGC's drift king, a.k.a. NGC's burger king., according to ahem.. initial D , a drift is in it self a form of sever understeer
Old 04-10-2007, 11:47 AM
LEK

people watch too much 3fast 3furious: tokyo drift and initial d.... thats all lol
Old 04-10-2007, 11:49 AM
terryw

a.k.a. = also known as lol
Old 04-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Jeff92se

Is that what I'm hearing from that other guy? Hamburglar? *rubble* *rubble* *rubble*?

Originally Posted by LEK
people watch too much 3fast 3furious: tokyo drift and initial d.... thats all lol
Old 04-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Hi-Tech_G

Do it!
Old 04-10-2007, 12:26 PM
LEK

hahaha thats focked up!!!

Quick Reply: RB26DETT swap into G35