NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

talk of a 500hp infiniti, possibly G35 variant

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:27 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
talk of a 500hp infiniti, possibly G35 variant

makes no sense to me...

in a future models thread, they are talking about the speculation of infiniti releasing a 500hp G35 variant within the next couple of years. Unless it were a GT-R vairant, does that make sense to you?

Curious of your opinions.

http://www.g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144781
Old 04-05-2007, 10:37 AM
bwassul

I see no logic in Infiniti making what's basically a GT-R in a different body. I can see then dropping in a more powerful engine such as the downgraded GT-R motor that's been mentioned here on the boards, but the GT-R is supposed to be Nissan's ultimate sports car. Nissan might want to make something to compete with an IS-F, but I doubt a GT-R clone would be it.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:55 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

thats a good call. I guess something "like" a G45 or G50 would suffice. that seems more probable than what they mention. Unfortunately, it still wouldnt touch the new M3 motor....
Old 04-05-2007, 11:15 AM
tiblot

Originally Posted by clokwork
makes no sense to me...

in a future models thread, they are talking about the speculation of infiniti releasing a 500hp G35 variant within the next couple of years. Unless it were a GT-R vairant, does that make sense to you?

Curious of your opinions.

http://www.g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144781
possibly a luxury version of GTR is the only thing i can think of. but no, it doesnt make much sense to me.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Cost a G

Nissan spent alot of money developing the new GT-R motor. I dont see why they wouldnt share it with other platforms, especially the G since its basically the same. My guess is that they will have a GT-R clone but a more refine version from Infiniti
Old 04-05-2007, 11:18 AM
terryw

infiniti needs a halo type car bad, they were really pissed when ghosn anounced that its going to be a nissan, i wouldnt be suprised if there ends up a luxury version based on the rumor from willow springs where one of the test mule team members called it an inifiti gt-r.

i wouldnt count on anything happening based on some rumors but i wouldnt be suprised either.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:24 AM
bwassul

maybe something analogous to a 335 or M3.....based on the G37 platform but with significantly upgraded performance....yet shy of the GT-R.

G45 or G37S
Old 04-05-2007, 11:32 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

Originally Posted by bwassul
maybe something analogous to a 335 or M3.....based on the G37 platform but with significantly upgraded performance....yet shy of the GT-R.

G45 or G37S
That sounds more likely. Either a Detuned version of the GT-R motor going into the 'G outfit' OR they go up against the exotics in the form of Lexus' LF-A. Especially since Acura plans on doing the same.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:43 AM
wnt1bd

It makes pefect sense, EVERY car that Infiniti has is almost a mirror image of Nissan.....only lately they have started to really change. Murano's & FX's, Maxima's and G35 sedans, QX56 & Armada. G coupe & 350.....they are all very similar, jst think of it as a family and you will see, when little brother gets a new toy(GTR) big brother wants one too! I say big brother because we pay more for almost identical technology.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:49 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

^ so you're saying that the would make a more powerful/refined version of the G or the GT-R?
Old 04-05-2007, 11:50 AM
terryw

if they do bring it over to infiniti and its a big if, they sure as hell isnt going to detune it.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:52 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

no no, you are getting me all wrong.

Im saying that if they drop it in a G35/G37/whatever variant, I doubt it will be the exact same motor. now IF they make some infiniti version of the GT-R, then they may bump up the hp and definitely the interior.

My best guess though, would be for them to not waste time doing either of these and go for the big boys as mentioned before in the form of some infiniti super car.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Cost a G

Originally Posted by terryw
if they do bring it over to infiniti and its a big if, they sure as hell isnt going to detune it.
I agree, given the nature of these two cars one being a luxury coupe and the other not. The GT-R will still be a faster car.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Virge
straight to the bank...

I don't see the problem with infiniti dropping that turboed vq into the current g37. It won't outperform the gt-r considering the g37 will probably weigh more.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:44 PM
nghiars

Originally Posted by wnt1bd
It makes pefect sense, EVERY car that Infiniti has is almost a mirror image of Nissan.....only lately they have started to really change. Murano's & FX's, Maxima's and G35 sedans, QX56 & Armada. G coupe & 350.....they are all very similar, jst think of it as a family and you will see, when little brother gets a new toy(GTR) big brother wants one too! I say big brother because we pay more for almost identical technology.

You are semi right there...

maxima=M
Altima Sedan=G sedan

I wouldnt necessarily believe a rumor, however Infiniti was pretty pissed about not having a "halo Car" as magazines put it. Another reason why I dont see them not going ahead with it is that the more VQ37TT they produce, tuned or detuned, the more reliable they can become, also lowering the cost of each motor produced, thus resulting in more revenue and profit for Nissan/infiniti as a whole.

Quick Reply: talk of a 500hp infiniti, possibly G35 variant