NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

talk of a 500hp infiniti, possibly G35 variant

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:46 PM
nghiars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Virge
I don't see the problem with infiniti dropping that turboed vq into the current g37. It won't outperform the gt-r considering the g37 will probably weigh more.

they will also probably stick to RWD.. thats just my guess tho
Old 04-05-2007, 12:56 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

I see your point. It doesn't seem so outlandish now. I will be very curious to see how much the GT-R weighs in. According to what I read, its a few inches shorter, but wider, and ofcourse shorter. The FM platform itself is heavy, but I dont see them developing a brand new platform unless they plan to raise the price even more. *shrugs*

Back on topic.. what market would the G with the GT-R motor be going after? On paper, the GT-R is putting up a fight with the 911 and has more power than the M3 and IS-F. Thats why I think it makes more sense for an Infiniti supercar rather than a GT-R equivalent.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:59 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

Originally Posted by nghiars
Another reason why I dont see them not going ahead with it is that the more VQ37TT they produce, tuned or detuned, the more reliable they can become, also lowering the cost of each motor produced, thus resulting in more revenue and profit for Nissan/infiniti as a whole.
wow. excellent point.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Virge
straight to the bank...

IF they actually do my guess would be a M3/S4/IS-F competitor. With the weight factor we'll probably put out more power than any of them but have comparable track times
Old 04-05-2007, 01:53 PM
g35john

Originally Posted by wnt1bd
It makes pefect sense, EVERY car that Infiniti has is almost a mirror image of Nissan.....only lately they have started to really change. Murano's & FX's, Maxima's and G35 sedans, QX56 & Armada. G coupe & 350.....they are all very similar, jst think of it as a family and you will see, when little brother gets a new toy(GTR) big brother wants one too! I say big brother because we pay more for almost identical technology.

The Murano and the FX are nothing alike (except the Motor), also the G35 Sedan is more like the 350z than the Maxima. Again, all they share is the motor. Only the Armada is based off of a similar Nissan vehicle. And for what its worth the M35 is more like a 350z than a Maxima as well.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Stytch

Originally Posted by clokwork
no no, you are getting me all wrong.

Im saying that if they drop it in a G35/G37/whatever variant, I doubt it will be the exact same motor. now IF they make some infiniti version of the GT-R, then they may bump up the hp and definitely the interior.

My best guess though, would be for them to not waste time doing either of these and go for the big boys as mentioned before in the form of some infiniti super car.

OOOOOOO AN ALL WHEEL DRIVE SUPER G...I CAN'T WAIT
Old 04-05-2007, 04:04 PM
nghiars

Originally Posted by g35john
The Murano and the FX are nothing alike (except the Motor), also the G35 Sedan is more like the 350z than the Maxima. Again, all they share is the motor. Only the Armada is based off of a similar Nissan vehicle. And for what its worth the M35 is more like a 350z than a Maxima as well.

again.. the M is based off the Maxima design and the G sedan is based off the Altima design, why do you think the new alitma sedan and G sedan came out at about the same time.... the new altima coupe is obviously based off the G coupe desgin..

check the specs on them buddy.. wheel base, height, length, width.. and platform .. the Z's wheelbase is shorter than the G coupe so no way is it more liek the M35... maxiam and M45/m35 have same specs except for may be height by less than .2 or .3 mm.... which can be accounted for by a more aggressive and lower springs.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:08 PM
nghiars

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Virge
IF they actually do my guess would be a M3/S4/IS-F competitor. With the weight factor we'll probably put out more power than any of them but have comparable track times

i am thinking somewhere along those lines as well.. and if they offered a detuned VQ37TT in a G sedan.. you're in m5 territory... WOW... ive been a big fan of Nissan since I was like 12/13.... I've always felt there cars were great and did not get the recognition they deserved... TWO thumbs up for them
Old 04-05-2007, 04:08 PM
terryw

um... the M and the G and the FX are based on the FM platform.. Its a rear wheel drive platform that has nothing to do with the front wheel drive platform that Altima, Murano and Maxima are built on... its totally different from the FM platform...

the Z is also built on the FM platform sharing more parts with the G35 than Altima... Nissan has publically stated that the Z is built based on the skyline/g35 design back in 2002 when it was being prototyped
Old 04-05-2007, 04:19 PM
terryw

to add to what I said, the name of the fwd platform is called FF-L cars that share that platform include include Altima, Maxima, Murano, and Quest
Old 04-05-2007, 04:26 PM
nghiars

Originally Posted by terryw
to add to what I said, the name of the fwd platform is called FF-L cars that share that platform include include Altima, Maxima, Murano, and Quest
wasnt it just recently announced that the altima is using/getting the FM platform??

edit: i may be wrong about the platform but the specs in dimensions Im 100% sure cuz i checked it all out when they debuted the G sedan and M becasue i saw many striking similarites in shape and design.

Last edited by nghiars; 04-05-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:29 PM
terryw

nothing of the sort was said on nissannews.com or autoblog that I know of. the FF-L platform is a better platform than the FM for cheap entry level mid sized sedans due to its much lower production cost, simpler structure and better stability in slippery conditions. Its going to be used by Nissan for years to come.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:31 PM
nghiars

nothing of the sort was said on nissannews.com or autoblog that I know of. the FF-L platform is a better platform than the FM for cheap entry level mid sized sedans due to its much lower production cost, simpler structure and better stability in slippery conditions. Its going to be used by Nissan for years to come.
do you know about the Altima coupe... thats the one that really comes to mind
Old 04-05-2007, 04:34 PM
terryw

Originally Posted by nghiars
do you know about the Altima coupe... thats the one that really comes to mind
yep, it looks a lot like our car from the outside but its totally different on the inside, its using the FF-L platform. btw, par nissan engine deisgnation tradition, the new GT-R engine should not be VQ37TT, it should be VQ37DETT , D = dual overhead cam, and E = electronic fuel injection
Old 04-05-2007, 04:39 PM
nghiars

yep, it looks a lot like our car from the outside but its totally different on the inside, its using the FF-L platform. btw, par nissan engine deisgnation tradition, the new GT-R engine should not be VQ37TT, it should be VQ37DETT , D = dual overhead cam, and E = electronic fuel injection

LOL this guy^^^ hahahha you know what i mean

Quick Reply: talk of a 500hp infiniti, possibly G35 variant