NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Brake Shop in DC/NoVA

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Espresso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$30 is cheap like crazy. Would this tech do other cars besides Nissan/Infiniti?
Old 03-27-2007, 03:54 PM
infiniticoupe35

Originally Posted by Espresso
$30 is cheap like crazy. Would this tech do other cars besides Nissan/Infiniti?
Yeah as long as long as he doesn't have to turn the rotors its $30 to throw a set of pads on. and he is a very good tech.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Pratik

Hey Dave I sent you a PM!
Old 03-27-2007, 04:10 PM
infiniticoupe35

Originally Posted by Pratik
Hey Dave I sent you a PM!
Gotcha
Old 03-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Espresso

Damn, I gotta keep this in mind next time. Thanks
Old 03-27-2007, 11:31 PM
pdjafari

damn dave that is a good price. it takes me at least 30 min to remove just the 2 front tires/rims to get to the calipers!!! Damn floor jacks!! $30 is cheap stuff!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:01 AM
infiniticoupe35

Originally Posted by pdjafari
damn dave that is a good price. it takes me at least 30 min to remove just the 2 front tires/rims to get to the calipers!!! Damn floor jacks!! $30 is cheap stuff!!!
LOL I know what you mean. I hate working on my cars in my driveway. I usually wait until I have a few things to do and then bring my car in the shop.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:14 AM
asim712

Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to check out Dave's guy tonight, I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:21 PM
asim712

Just wanted to let everyone know I went to Dave tonight and it was a great experience. Dave was able to get me the Brembo pads and his tech was able to put them on. The dealership is very nice, probably nicer than any Infiniti dealership I've ever been to before. Thanks Dave for a job well done!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:57 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

I'll be there this week as well. Cant wait!
Old 05-05-2007, 01:00 AM
shdowflare

Question Need some help too...

I upgraded to the StopTech AeroRotors and Axxis Ultimate pads two weeks ago. My brother-in-law helped me out (I'd never done a brake job before). Long story short, looks like he ended up putting the pads on backwards. StopTech said the brake wear indicator tabs should have been on the inboard side of the rotors. We neglected to put anti-brake squeal on the pads and of course I'm getting excessive LOUD squealing constantly now. Not sure if it's due to the indicator tab issue or no anti-squeal.

Anyway, I'd be thrilled if I could hook up with the local Infiniti brake tech to help me right this wrong. Basically I need all the pads on all four wheels flipped so that the wear indicators are facing inward on all rotors. While they're being flipped, I'd like to get some anti-brake squeal applied too. Oh, I should mention - my brother-in-law said there weren't any shims on the front OEM Brembo pads, so we didn't have any to install with the Axxis front Brembo pads. Not sure if that's an issue but I figured it's worth a mention.

Last, depending on the cost, I want to get my Goodridge SS brake lines installed and replace my current brake fluid with the Super Blue ATE I bought last week. Can you guys put me in touch with the tech so I can get some pricing?

Thanks all,
B
Old 05-05-2007, 01:31 PM
LEK

Originally Posted by shdowflare
I upgraded to the StopTech AeroRotors and Axxis Ultimate pads two weeks ago. My brother-in-law helped me out (I'd never done a brake job before). Long story short, looks like he ended up putting the pads on backwards. StopTech said the brake wear indicator tabs should have been on the inboard side of the rotors. We neglected to put anti-brake squeal on the pads and of course I'm getting excessive LOUD squealing constantly now. Not sure if it's due to the indicator tab issue or no anti-squeal.

Anyway, I'd be thrilled if I could hook up with the local Infiniti brake tech to help me right this wrong. Basically I need all the pads on all four wheels flipped so that the wear indicators are facing inward on all rotors. While they're being flipped, I'd like to get some anti-brake squeal applied too. Oh, I should mention - my brother-in-law said there weren't any shims on the front OEM Brembo pads, so we didn't have any to install with the Axxis front Brembo pads. Not sure if that's an issue but I figured it's worth a mention.

Last, depending on the cost, I want to get my Goodridge SS brake lines installed and replace my current brake fluid with the Super Blue ATE I bought last week. Can you guys put me in touch with the tech so I can get some pricing?

Thanks all,
B
pm me