NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

April 22: 1st Annual 350z/G35 Spring Skyline Drive, VA

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 09:34 PM
TeamEyeKon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by r0csfinest
who wants to be the first to call me a dumbass
BTW, DUMBA$$ (joke)
Old 04-22-2007, 09:47 PM
omasica

Wreckless driving and speeding... what r the consequences of this in VA?

Basically I was speeding and a UC pulled me over and said he had to go 120 to catch me. 78 in a 55... which is not bad considering how fast I was going...

I should be in jail... sooo I cant complain

but on the way back I did see 3 REAL skylines

man your lucky as s***, he got caught behind me and couldnt pass, so he flashed his high beams and i didnt know he was a cop so i didnt move and i ended up holding back for quite sometime
Old 04-22-2007, 10:00 PM
LEK

meet was a success

it was a good drive guys. nice meeting most of you for the first time. Thanks for coming out.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:14 PM
jjaywill

i used my nav and did not use the detour, i was wondering why everybody was turning! i turned 1200 miles on the way back tonite as soon as i noticed even though still in Va. i put my radar detector on saw a black G35 way up ahead so i figured id do a flyby!! i jumped right up to about 130mph went by the G35 who was doin about 55 or 60 got a thumbsup and i kept on kickin,,when we got into traffic he caught up it was not somebody who was with us... now reading the previous post, that could have easily been me the cop pulled over, but i really saw a sweet spot! lots of room to see no man coming up from behind and no real spot to hide ahead!! well it sure was nice meeting everybody today!! it sure was a great day for a sunday drive!!
Old 04-22-2007, 10:26 PM
KlokDeezal

Wreckless driving and speeding... what r the consequences of this in VA?

Basically I was speeding and a UC pulled me over and said he had to go 120 to catch me. 78 in a 55... which is not bad considering how fast I was going...

I should be in jail... sooo I cant complain

but on the way back I did see 3 REAL skylines
First off, what kind of car was the UC driving?

Secondly, When you get a reckless ticket in VA...YOU HAVE to appear in court (NO online pay offered). There is also a chance that you could lose your license or suspension...even though you live in MD. I would just pray .
Old 04-22-2007, 10:45 PM
tiblot

sounded like cop troubles? Lek , did you step and smooth talk your way out??

I didnt get any phone calls
Old 04-22-2007, 10:46 PM
vdubman72

I had a blast today guys. Thanks. Already psyched up for next year. Hope to see you all at any other events this summer. There is the the NOPI nationals next month in Maryland and I heared of a nissan/infinity event up in Englishtown NJ in July. If anyone is interested lets get something started. Also in Sterling in the Lowes parking lot there is a free car show thing every friday. Lots of nice cars there. We should roll in together sometime. Let me know.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:06 PM
ResIpsa

I'm glad I made that wrong turn...

The trick to your ticket is getting a deal worked out ahead of time with the Commonwealth’s Attorney. If you’re lucky, and your record is good, the CA will make a reasonable recommendation and you can take a plea. That way the Judge never hears the details (the 120 mph pursuit). However, this depends on three factors.

1) The CA. He may force you to try the case or bring it to the Judge for sentencing. You want to avoid that at all costs. He may also do a classic trick where he makes a recommendation, you accept the plea, and then he slips in the details knowing that the Judge will hang you. If you have a completely unreasonable CA, get a continuance.

2) The Officer. What was your take on him? How mad was he? If he has a real beef with you he will make it known to the CA and all hopes of a quick plea go out the window.

3) The Judge. Even if you get an uninterested CA and a friendly Officer, you always run the risk of the Judge inquiring after you have entered your plea of guilty.

Regardless, take a driving school that is approved in VA, gather up as much documentation as you can on your good character (you take care of your sick mother, work at a soup kitchen, volunteer at a hospital, save kittens from trees, whatever...don’t lie, but be free to embellish. And remember, you have from now until your court date to prepare).

What jurisdiction were you pulled over in?

If you have any other questions just give me a call at work. (703) 361-9700
Old 04-22-2007, 11:26 PM
r0csfinest

The UC was in a black impala. The new ones

He officer didnt seem that mad as he knows i was going way faster than what he clocked me at.

This dont seem good tho
Old 04-22-2007, 11:28 PM
terryw

i dont think your liscense is getting suspended from the information gathered so far, it usually take 2 accounts. just play it nice and stay out of trouble in VA for a few years.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:34 PM
r0csfinest

I think imma stay outta VA for good

but heres a pic from today

Old 04-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Morningglorie

Hi guys,

Thanks, Lek, for going over to the 350Z forums and inviting the Z crowd. Too bad only 2 Z owners showed up! Anyway, had a great time. My husband and I drove down further on Skyline drive, down to Big Meadows, where he went on a short, but arduous, hike to the waterfalls. Came back via Warrenton but I'm sure you all had long since left the restaurant. Got back home around 7:30.

Nice to meet you all. Some very fine looking cars in the bunch. Hopefully the Z forum participants can turn out an equally strong number if/when they ever decide on a date!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:42 AM
darussiandude

Originally Posted by terryw
i dont think your liscense is getting suspended from the information gathered so far, it usually take 2 accounts. just play it nice and stay out of trouble in VA for a few years.
hey, I got my first ticket in VA about a year ago. was doin 110 in 55 on rt. 66. got caught at 93. clean record, no prior tickets=2500 fine, 2 months license suspention, 1 year probation (/if i got another ticket within the year, i woulda spent 60 days in jail). and that's with a lawyer that got paid 1000+

good luck!

cant wait for pics from the meet, couldnt go
Old 04-23-2007, 07:27 AM
TeamEyeKon

Yesterday was a lot of fun(minus the bugs). My wife and I had a blast. I feel sorry for all of you guys that couldn't make it, but the College park mega meet is next Sun.. There were a lot of twists and turns around the mountains and some great driving. I gotta do my brakes today because of all of that hard driving. We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was great meeting everyone and finally putting names with faces and faces with cars. I hope we can all get together a few more times before the summer is over.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:53 AM
terryw

we tend to do something almost every week during the summer.

Thanks Lekster for putting this together, I know how much you don't like to do all the work organizing a big event like this.

Quick Reply: April 22: 1st Annual 350z/G35 Spring Skyline Drive, VA