NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

My Recent Trip to Passport

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:34 PM
shibal_z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Recent Trip to Passport

As many of you know, I've been bouncing back and forth between Passport Infiniti and Infiniti of Chantilly to get my yearly maintenance done on my car every 15k/12mo. This time I took my G to Passport.

I made an appointment, dropped the car off in the morning, and asked that my car be ready by early afternoon so I can beat traffic out of that god forsaken area during rush hour.

Fast forward to late afternoon. I call them a couple of times to see if my G is ready. I realize after talking to my service rep, that he just put my G on the rack! He tells me it will take about 30 minutes. I just head over there and wait while they finish and finish the paperwork. They apologize and say that they were swamped today. I was a bit annoyed, but tried to understand their situation.

The big surprise came when I was ready to pay for the service at the cashier's counter. I look down the invoice and do a quick glance at the numbers..... and WHOA!!! $16.30 for a .... wait for it... wait for it..... A standard issue Nissan branded oil filter that I can buy from the parts department at $5 a pop. I question this line item and I go back downstairs to talk to my rep. At first their is disbelief, then unfortunately the service manager tries to explain this away saying that costs of service items have gone up and the prices come up via code through the system. Well I try to see his view, but I still question the logic of charging $16.30 for a oil filter. After some "checking" they tell me that it was a typo and fixed the price anomaly and added a 10% coupon to the whole deal to make it square.

Overall, I was satisfied that Passport was able to rectify the mistake and make it "good" with the customer with the 10% coupon as a gesture of good will. However, I was bothered by the nature of the mistake and the stark implications of possible free wheeling graft that could take place given an unscrupulous service rep and an uninformed customer. It would be nice if they could put policies/technology in place to restrict or make impossible such invoice discrepancies. After the mistake, it had me questioning every other line item on that invoice. An unsettling feeling.

Last edited by shibal_z; 02-26-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:52 AM
startertan

I see no one replied to this...who was your service rep?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:41 AM
RealtorG35

I've use Passport, (Jeff is my rep) overall I've been pleased.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Texasscout
Be Prepaired

How many people have just signed and paid the ticket with out checking? They are screwing people and they know it. I'll bet the next time you go in the same charge will be there.

Same thing as a hospital stay. A friggin asprin costs $5.00. A bandage that you can buy at the drug store for $1.00 will cost $20.00.

Then you go to pay your bill and they tell you, "if you pay cash, we'll cut 40% off the bill". If they have to deal with insurance, full price.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:56 PM
startertan

I typically scan the bill for major discrepancies but I will go back and look at them. I only use Passport and I'm north of Baltimore. I always use Jeff and since Ryan joined sometimes him and I've never had a problem.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:15 PM
stillen_i30

Originally Posted by Texasscout
How many people have just signed and paid the ticket with out checking? They are screwing people and they know it. I'll bet the next time you go in the same charge will be there.

Same thing as a hospital stay. A friggin asprin costs $5.00. A bandage that you can buy at the drug store for $1.00 will cost $20.00.

Then you go to pay your bill and they tell you, "if you pay cash, we'll cut 40% off the bill". If they have to deal with insurance, full price.
Get some health insurance, and you won't have to worry about paying out of your pocket for hospital stays. Of course it will be expensive, health care isn't a joke. Us Americans hate being charged piecemeal for things, but if a lump sum is paid ahead of time and we are told it will cover ALL expenses for the next year, we somehow feel that we are getting some sort of "deal." Imagine living in Canada or the UK where healthcare is paid for through taxes, but you are healthy as a horse...you'd probably be wasting your money for something you never use!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Destro
Bad *** Mutha****a

Seriously guys, for maintanence, come to me at Nissan in Fairfax. Even if I charged you full price, it would still be almost half of what Infiniti will charge you. Plus I will give you my discount. We will do the same job, with the same trained techs, with the same OEM parts, just a hell of a lot cheaper.
Why do you guys keep paying an arm and a leg at Infiniti when I can do it for so much cheaper?
Old 03-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Destro
Bad *** Mutha****a

Oh, BTW, we just hired a tech from IOC, he is cool as hell and more than willing to work on the side for cheap for us Infiniti guys. He is doing most of the work on my car.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Pratik

Hey Jeff you got a name and contact info for the guy? Thanks!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:07 AM
Destro
Bad *** Mutha****a

Yeah, call me, Jeff 703-460-6632
Old 03-22-2007, 06:45 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

^ lol. who is that guy? he sounds lame
Old 03-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Destro
Bad *** Mutha****a

Originally Posted by clokwork
^ lol. who is that guy? he sounds lame
I'm Destro muthafukka!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Ahujadaddy

Jeff, I'll be talkin to u once i get the 08 =D
Old 03-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Destro
Bad *** Mutha****a

Word!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:10 PM
shibal_z

Aite.. My next service appointment will be with Destro... BTW, do you offer loaners????

Quick Reply: My Recent Trip to Passport