NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Ultimate NGC Video Game Console Thread. Playstation 3/Xbox Live/Video Game Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Stytch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultimate NGC Video Game Console Thread. Playstation 3/Xbox Live/Video Game Discussion

I've got to get it, oh well there goes my teins LOL
Old 03-20-2006, 01:13 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

yeah, I am gonna preorder as many as I can
Old 03-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Glex25
G SQUAD

Originally Posted by clokwork
LOL@Clokwork
Learning from all the people that made money on the 360.
In my opinion the current systems still have alot of life on them.
I don't really see a need to jump on the bandwagon.
I did it with the 360 and not that i regret it but there isn't any killer app for it.
there are in my opinion the most is 5 games worth getting and its not looking anything brighter in the next few months.
I say hold off unless you want to make some financial gains on it as clokwork is pointing out
Old 03-20-2006, 01:38 PM
KlokDeezal

*drool*....after waiting this long, it is finally coming out. Preorder now...must have...must be happy
Old 03-20-2006, 01:45 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Glex25
LOL@Clokwork
Learning from all the people that made money on the 360.
In my opinion the current systems still have alot of life on them.
I don't really see a need to jump on the bandwagon.
I did it with the 360 and not that i regret it but there isn't any killer app for it.
there are in my opinion the most is 5 games worth getting and its not looking anything brighter in the next few months.
I say hold off unless you want to make some financial gains on it as clokwork is pointing out

haha yeah. I agree that the games arent terrifically better than other systems, but they sure as heezy do look better (pending you have a high def TV).

I just got Burnout Revenge for the 360 and its awesome. I havent even touched my PS2 since I got the 360 since it just looks crappy on the TV. I love the way XBOX live is setup also. Sony is gonna have a helluva time matching that. I used to be a gung ho sony guy and all about the playstation series, but thus far, this is my fav system. The controller is actually better than the ps2 controller to my complete surprise. The PS3 controller looks like garbage but the raw processing power of that machine is supposed to be stellar. I will keep one and sell the rest to make back my money and then some
Old 03-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Stytch

Clokwork is gonna make a KILLIN' on EBAY....LOLOL
Old 03-20-2006, 02:57 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

^^ you damn skippy!!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Stytch

haha yeah. I agree that the games arent terrifically better than other systems, but they sure as heezy do look better (pending you have a high def TV).

I just got Burnout Revenge for the 360 and its awesome. I havent even touched my PS2 since I got the 360 since it just looks crappy on the TV. I love the way XBOX live is setup also. Sony is gonna have a helluva time matching that. I used to be a gung ho sony guy and all about the playstation series, but thus far, this is my fav system. The controller is actually better than the ps2 controller to my complete surprise. The PS3 controller looks like garbage but the raw processing power of that machine is supposed to be stellar. I will keep one and sell the rest to make back my money and then some

My friend from school has the 360 and I'm in love with the step-up this machine has, U can put your own wallpaper on it(HOPEFULLY the PS3 can do that cuz I wanna put HOOPZ from Flavor Of Love on mine...HaHa), the menu screen is so well put together, u're right Sony is gonna have a helluva time matching the 360.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:36 PM
tuan

anyone know the price for the ps3 yet?
Old 03-20-2006, 03:42 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

I actually already started calling around to see if preorders were being taken and the reason they are not is because no price has been set in stone yet. I am assuming $500
Old 03-20-2006, 04:28 PM
terryw

-FYE is currently taking ps3 preorders, but right now even if you pre-order through them, you are most likely not going to be able to score one on launch day.

-ps3 price will be either 400 or 500. more likely 500 because its confirmed to have a 2.5" 60gb harddrive that comes with it. there will only be 1 type of packadging vs Xbox360's standard vs premium packadge.

-Sony has a online infrastructure in place thats suppsoed to improve on Xbox Live called Playstation Network Platform, basic service will be free.

Personally I have big doubts at Sony's ability to supply enough consoles for a world wide launch in Nov. Sony usually have enough problem even supplying enough consoles for Japan. Theyve never done a global launch before... to make enough units between now and november to satisfy both markets (and Europe/AUS) seems sorta impossible to me. My guess is that US launch will get delayed to Feb or March 2007 at the earliest
Old 03-20-2006, 07:28 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

^^ I could see that happening, and if they miss the christmas season again, they are going to have a large chance of losing this round.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Stytch

On G4 this morning they said that PS3 will be 600 euros which in American money it would be between 600 - 700 dollars. I'm getting one regardless of the price, I just need to get a LCD flat screen ASAP.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:42 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

if the ps3 is 600 bucks, they are gonna lose the war in sales. thats just too much...

even though i would get one heh.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Stytch

I know it's 2 much, but they have all this extra technology like Blu Ray, Blue tooth, the 60gig hard drive. So they have to jack the price up to pay for all of that hardware.

Quick Reply: Ultimate NGC Video Game Console Thread. Playstation 3/Xbox Live/Video Game Discussion