NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Ultimate NGC Video Game Console Thread. Playstation 3/Xbox Live/Video Game Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 11:06 AM
terryw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
watch this video, 1up show has compiled a video with all the big trailers for all systems. This 1 video essentially gives you a summary of all the best games from E3 this year.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161232
Old 07-16-2007, 01:36 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

3 great vids on Heavenly Sword

http://news.filefront.com/gamertv-he...ecial-episode/
Old 07-17-2007, 08:52 AM
BlacKat

Update, Update, Update

i GOT A NEW GAMERTAG:

VENOMR1

add me pleez

DOMO
Old 07-20-2007, 07:24 AM
KlokDeezal

PS3 vs XBOX 360 vx Wii

here is the link to the ongoing battle between the 3 systems now that the E3 trade show is over.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yah...eakdown/523345

Taken from link:

But which console should you buy? If you positively must be playing right now, the choice is really between the Wii and Xbox 360. Nintendo's kit is perfect for parties and family-friendly fun; the Xbox has its share of these types of games, too, but its specialty is satisfying gamers craving the high-end and hardcore. But if you're more of a forward-thinking type, now is undoubtedly a good time to snag a bargain PS3 and wait for those awesome exclusives to start rolling in. Whichever you choose, you won't lose out.

Last edited by KlokDeezal; 07-20-2007 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Pratik

I still think both the 360 and PS3 will have a price drop before the end of the year. Also the fad of the Wii is starting to wear off. From some people that have the system they got tired of it after a few times and would never play the system by themselves, only when they had parties.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:57 AM
shibal_z

With manufacturing costs relatively high for PS3, would they not be working on redesigning their behemoth to more slim proportions to save $$$? I hope it happens sooner than later. Maybe a perfect time to do so with the price drop, lest they be forced to lose even more $$$ per console sold.

BTW, GT5 screens look SICK!!! I'm starting to gain some new respect for Sony. LOL!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:59 PM
KlokDeezal

Reasons why Xbox 360 is in trouble?

Here is a link a came across, what do you think?

http://forums.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=11...mode=1&smode=1
Old 07-23-2007, 02:10 PM
terryw

i honestly dont think the xbox360 is in trouble at all, its just some sony fanboy making up crap. I think Sony has a stronger lineup in the long run as far as games in development as well as really setting it self apart from xbox360 with the 2nd wave of games graphic wise. unfortunately they are still hampered by a high pricetag, essentially pricing them selves out of the main stream.

xbox360 has tons of games coming out too and some really nice looking exclusives, its user base is already too big to be in trouble at this point. plus, with all the failing machines, MS is still rich enough to afford it like its nothing.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:13 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

Interesting post, but he just states things others are saying already. I dont see the 360 as a flop at all. The fact that it IS actually outselling the original xbox, though not by a siginficant amount, is a good sign. There are some great titles that will start pouring in this month actually to keep the 360 hype going. I think they will continue to gain a bit more of the market share.

My thoughts are that the Wii is going to have a large market share for a while during this battle. Due to their marketing schemes and add-ons, not to mention their emulated game library, they have a strong presence right now. What will be cool to find out is where these systems are in say 2 years down the road. Sony, in my opinion, really has to try new things to make it's system a success. When they introduce "Home", I dont know if that will impact things on a large scale unless that also includes making online play more efficient. I like the whole avatar thing they are doing with Home, but I hope it really has substance.

I really want Sony to pull themselves out of this rut, but nothing I have seen in the forecast makes me think a turnaround is coming anytime soon.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:32 PM
KlokDeezal

Is there a site where you can DL PS2 and PS1 games to play on your PS3, I miss some of my old games I used to play. I know you can DL demos and stuff from the PS website, but not games?

Also what is 'Home' about?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:36 PM
terryw

you cant download ps2,ps1 games legally to play on ps3

Home is a 3d version of myspace with everyones avatar walking around a virtual world, its a social networking utility that has Xboxlive funtionbality as well as the ability to launch games built in.

think xboxlive in 3d + myspace
Old 07-23-2007, 02:38 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

Originally Posted by KlokDeezal
Is there a site where you can DL PS2 and PS1 games to play on your PS3, I miss some of my old games I used to play. I know you can DL demos and stuff from the PS website, but not games?

Also what is 'Home' about?
you can check it out here:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/p...result;title;0

seems pretty cool. I dont know how long the novelty will last, but if it's as addictive as myspace has been, they should do well.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:39 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

Originally Posted by terryw
you cant download ps2,ps1 games legally to play on ps3
Aren't there ps1 and ps2 games available on the Sony Store that you can download and play? Or are you referring to downloading illegal copies and trying to play them on the ps3?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:03 PM
KlokDeezal

All I have to say by looking at the "Home" demo is this is going to be awesome. So not only do I have my own Apt and I can create my own person, but I can play games as well.

I wonder if I can watch Korn in my apt. It will be just like old time The Korn Factory Lives Once again!!!!!

Also while not watching Korn, I can beat up on Bruce, Brian and John in Bowling or we could get some teams going (VA vs MD)

Of course Lek will probably ruin it all by stating he has 'Legalized pot' and probably try to crash at someone elses house and light up and make brownies

Then I can see Terry making Lek mad again and Lek punching Terry in the stomach

Oh man the possibilities are endless!!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:07 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

LOL, im steering clear of this one haha

Quick Reply: Ultimate NGC Video Game Console Thread. Playstation 3/Xbox Live/Video Game Discussion