NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

got eaten tonight by a CIVIC?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:34 PM
G35zkyline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got eaten tonight by a CIVIC?

ok, im on my way home from work after eating at Minerva indian coisine (Pratik, if u havent tried this place u gota go there) anyways i get on route 28 north and this is around 9:30 so there is some light traffic, all of the sudden i see this hatchback honda civic that must have been maybe a 92-93 with track numbers on the windows, don't see an exhaust sistem coming out the back and all i can hear is a blow off valve, so then when i pass him i see the exaust pipe coming out of the side of the front bumper. consider that it is a three lane road and there is traffic on all three lanes so theres not much room to pick up speed. Finally we get to a traffic light and i get on the far right lane and he gets behind me after he flashes his lights twice the light nurns green and i gas it, bi third gear i was probably about six cars ahead of him so then i slow down for him to cath up and from a roll at about 40mph we take off (me on third gear) and the civic just get pulling away from me like like i was applying the brakes . for the smell his car gave and the instant power he gained he must have been juicing cuz theres no way he would have taken me just with a turbo. i need FI.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:38 PM
ajonas

no worries....at the end of the day he still has a piece of krap civic and you're driving home with heated seats and leather...

dammmm 4 bangers....
Old 11-01-2006, 10:46 PM
terryw

lol nice story. he sprayed like sh*t the 2nd run off the roll. but hey, you just gotta accept theres always someone faster out there... theres some civics that dosnt need to spray to rape you. even if you go FI, there are probably still a few civics out there that can take you. like he said though at the end of the day hes still driving a civic
Old 11-01-2006, 10:54 PM
twitch

Don't sweat the little things.

Civic's can be fast, especially the hatches due to the power/weight ratio. It just takes plenty of time and money.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:19 PM
ttrank
TIMMAHH!!

Some civics are fast. They are still a civic....
Old 11-01-2006, 11:31 PM
NaztyG

how come every time we get beaten by someone.. people always say.. "at least our cars look better".. can there be ONE post where the car is just given its props for being faster? im impressed by the OP that he did not say this but its always said.. Srt-4 smoked me on the highway..someone said, its still a neon, Sti smoked me, its a grocery getter, honda smoked me, at least i got navigation, heated seats, etc.. just give the car its props and move on.. granted a civic needs boat loads of $$ to be faster then our cars, but respect the work someone has done to a car like that to be able to smoke us. To each their own and show respect. I dont like the kind of reputation we're gonna get if we keep this up, as being stuck up and think our cars are gods.. lets show some class please!!
-Adam
Old 11-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Jee_35

haha dang, its all good tho, at least you got him from the dead stop.. btw 40mph isnt that 2nd gear range?
Old 11-01-2006, 11:38 PM
terryw

i gave it plenty of props, but maybe because it IS still a civic lol

just cause it is still a civic dosnt mean we dont give it props for being fast
Old 11-01-2006, 11:41 PM
terryw

id probably be in third just because im lazy since 2nd only takes you to ~60mph, and 3rd at that speed is already starting to pick up great power. at 40mph in 2nd, you are probably around 5500-6000rpm already. or probably around 5000 for 03-04s
Old 11-01-2006, 11:47 PM
NaztyG

Originally Posted by terryw
i gave it plenty of props, but maybe because it IS still a civic lol

just cause it is still a civic dosnt mean we dont give it props for being fast
theres still just no need for every single racing post made SOMEONE must always bash the other car for not being as nice.. its a racing post, not a what cars can beet us but we look soooooo much better then post. we need to take a step down off our pedastills and come back to reality, we bought 40k$ cars that dont even run 13 secs. and then when someone with a 10k car smokes us we bash them for not having a nicer car.. granted i wouldnt buy any other car for the price because i believe we have the best combination of everything in one..i love it all, ya i wish for 40k the car would be faster, but thats not what the car is made for. its what we spend an extra 10k$ to get lol.. but really i think thats the only drawback to our cars is the power.. other then that the body styling, the interior and luxury is far better then most! So can we please not be so damn stuck up!!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:51 PM
terryw

i mean a civic is a civic lol, we give props for what it did well, which is beating my boy jesus' car. which we gave him props for lol, why we gotta give him props for being a civic? lol i mean why cant I say something to make my boy feel better? i hardly sees that as bashing the car by calling it what it is. its not like i made it up that its not a civic lol
Old 11-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Jeff92se

Actually in the end, you lost and get to eat his exhaust. If it's "only" a civic then you shouldn't have considered him worthy of the gas. But you did and lost. No biggie if the civic guy wasn't an **** or whatnot. Just chuckle and be on your way.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:58 PM
arjunz

Yeah, that dude had more than a turbo. I beat a turbo civic like a year ago.. but we started from a roll.. maybe off the line he would have a better shot. So if he beat you that bad... he definitely is spraying.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:02 AM
terryw

it is only a civic lol, its not as nice as our cars. i dont see how being a civic takes anything away from his win lol, a win is a win in a race? what does that have to do with how nice the car is? if my boy raced him especially after hearing a BOV, then he obviously considered him worthy of the gas?
Old 11-02-2006, 12:09 AM
ajonas

without being too ostentatious, it's because most G35s are better than Civics. That's why one costs $16K and another costs $40K. It's the same way that Porsche's and better than most G35's and Lambo's are better than most Porsche's. and of all the factors involved in pricing a car, alot of it has to do with other factors (ie. ammenities, electronics, designing) than how fast a car can go. the engine is just one outcome of the designing process. That's why I can say, at the end i'm still driving home a G. If civic's were worth all that time and money they would cost more and be worth more. I recognize Civic's for what they are...a 17-22 year old's LEARNING toy. Someone with a budget that wants to rip out their seats, in place of a rollcage, put those d@mm alteeza lights on and dump (YES DUMP) money into a car that IS FAST, but still unattractive. that's why no matter what happens with a SRT4 or a Civic or even a STI, I still drive home in a sweeeet looking car. Perfect point is, if this weren't the case...the people who owned a Civic in college or their early 20's wouldn't upgrade to a G35 or a 330i or an IS350....something with stlye, mooooore class and yet still some unbridled power.

and it that weren't enough...come on, this is a G35 forum not a civic forum.

Quick Reply: got eaten tonight by a CIVIC?