NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Cheap asss Benz C240 hit me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 03:33 PM
BlacKat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap **** Benz C240 hit me!

I was leaving my boy's b-day party at Club Five the other night, heading down 20th NW trying to get to I-66 when this bamma with a C240 full of heads pulls up next to me. I notice out of the corner of my eye that the dude in the passanger rolls his window down and starts saying something to me. *turn down music, roll down window halfway*

bamma: yo! wat kindda car is that?
me: what? oh, umm... its a Maserati (if he had to ask, then )
bamma: oooohh! whaaoww! nice, I didn't even know that ....
me: cool! *roll window up*

We sat there at the light for about a minute longer and my two friends and I are laughing and talking about the dialogue. Light turns green and they speed off as if they wanted to race. I pay them no mind, and just drive normal. A few blocks later, here they are again for some reason next to us...this time I gradually passed them (still not paying much attention to them). I notice from the rear view that they're hauling **** all of a sudden. The attempt to pass me and cut me off. Apparantly, the *********a tried to make a right turn from the left lane. WTF???!!! He came cam into my lane, and I had to slam on my break to try to avoid the initial hit, but since there were cars parked on my right, I couldn't swearve, so he clipped my front left side and they made the right turn.

I got up behind them and started flashing the highbeams and put on my flashers to get them to pull over. About a block later they pulled over. I jumped out of my car and snapped a camera phone pic of their tags before anything else.

I thought they were ready to jump off, all the doors opened up at once. In the back of my mind, I was thinking about all those damn heads I saw in the car earlier...and here I am with a dub, and one of my boys (he can't fight sh|t, lol). I was regreting that DC ban on handguns for a second. lol All this is goin thru my head....right up until they all got out of the car and noticed it was just a bunch of teens and 1 girl.

The dude admited fault, and wanted to settle away from insurance companies. Cop showed up a few minutes later, he said he couldn't give an accident report but just stuck around until we exchanged all our info. This girl in his car starts giving me lip and tries to imply that it was partly our fault, and starts saying we were all racing. At this point, I changed my mind about trying to settle this w/o his ins. co. So, early that morning, I called his ins. co. and reported it. Then, just a few hours ago, MY ins. co. calls me and starts asking me about the accident. Apparantly he called them to report the accident and gave conflicting reports. WTF...

How do you expect to make a right turn from the left lane, when there's a car in the right lane...hit them...then try to say it was not ur fault? Anyways, they're gonna investigate the claims. In the meantime, I go in to get an estimate by his ins. co. in a few days. Its pretty obvious, to me at least, who's at fault here. Its just a matter of time before they analyze the reports w/ the damages and figure things out. So I'm not too worried.

Pic 1 - -- - Pic 2 - -- - Pic 3 - -- - Pic 4 - -- - Pic 5

Notice the black markings around the lip of the rim? I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that's a scratch and not just rubber marks from his rear tire...his ins. co. will pay UP THE **** and I will pocket it!

Last edited by BlacKat; 10-22-2006 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:45 PM
kraqcommando

i hate people
Old 10-22-2006, 03:56 PM
tiblot

ouch - i hope you get a ton of money
Old 10-22-2006, 03:59 PM
ttrank
TIMMAHH!!

Grrrrrr

Sorry to hear about this. Glad it was not worse.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Alan

damn sorry to hear. there are way too many idiots on the road.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:41 AM
G35_RJ

^^+1 idiots with something to prove... glad your okay for the most part..
Old 10-23-2006, 08:02 AM
LEK

sorry bro...i hope the car gets fixed and back on the road asap.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Pratik

Sorry to hear
Old 10-23-2006, 09:54 AM
pdjafari

aww man sorry this happened dude. you shoulda threatened to rape all the women unless he put in writing it was his fault!! Ive learned unless I get rear ended, the first thing I do is get witnesses who may have seen the accident. Any time an accident can go one way or anohter the ONLY thing that can work in your favor is a witness. Right now the guy can state you swerved into his lane. Who's to prove it wasnt you or it wasnt him?? We all know it was his fault...I wonder at times what if you get a friend to pretend he was at the scene (3rd party) but dont state he's your friend to pretend to be a neutral witness?? I wonder if that would work...b/c if it went to court the witness would be the one to satisfy the claim on the other guy!!
Old 10-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Mase4g63

^good idea
Old 10-23-2006, 10:12 AM
castertroy101

puria...very wise and very sneakey......i like i like
Old 10-23-2006, 11:37 AM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks, the whole insurance exchange doesn't mean jack. I don't quite understand that system honestly. For me, I don't ever give my insurance unless for a police report and/or I am admitting fault. I don't know if there's a law requiring you to evenly exchange, but common sense tells me, if you're not at fault, there's no reason for you them to need your insurance information. Also, I completely don't understand why the police didn't do an accident report?? um...AN ACCIDENT HAPPENED!! does somebody need to die or get seriously injured before such report is warranted? The second the girl gave you some lip, you should of requested a police report of the accident. I hope you wrote down the police officer's contact. You can use him as a witness since he was there during the insurance exchange and saw the damage. I hear too many stories like this, when it comes to car accident. That's why if i'm not clearly at fault, like puria say, I get witness and/or police on the scene. Goodluck, if they're being such a-hole about this, get an accident lawyer, and get your lower back and neck check out

~Khoa
Old 10-23-2006, 12:40 PM
pdjafari

^^according to 'their law' and I am pretty sure b/c well..ive been in 5 accidents in the 2 yrs i had my G...

But unless the COP/PIG states there is 2000+ worth of damages he assumes the report as 'not reportable'. On the exchange of information sheet (at least in fairfax county) the cop determines if the accident is 'REPORTABLE' by circling a YES or NO. Once he states NO...that means no record is kept of the accident and the do NOT ticket the individual at fault. I was rear ended 2x and both times the person in back was NOT ticketed b/c the officer deemed damages <2000 or the accident NOT reportable. Once I was side swiped by a car who didnt YIELD and that cop felt damages exceeded 2k, so he put it as REPORTABLE and gave that driver a ticket...
Reportable - 2000 or more in damages.

Good thing about reportable is its stored, kept so there's a record
Bad thing is its sent to DMV and ***** up the cars record for Carfax...(yes my carfax sux.)

The thing that sux in general is alot of times a car can appear to have <2000 in damages...but who states a cop is certified to determine?? how does an officer know whats taking place under the bumper/covers?? Alot of times the bumpers flex back (urethane) and then there's sub frame damage below which can drive the cost waaaay up (look at poor glenn)...its all BS....

Last edited by pdjafari; 10-23-2006 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:45 PM
cSc

Angry Fools...everywhere

That sucks...

On Friday, on my way over to Sweetwater, I was driving down a sidestreet and followed this one guy. All of a sudden he slows down and then speeds up and slows down. Then he stops. I'm just waiting. Normally, I'm a posterboy for road rage, but for once, I didn't honk or anything...

Next thing I knew, he backed up, YES, BACKED UP into the front of my car. Nevermind, there were never any reverse lights! Then the guy pulls forward and stops and we get out. He said he was sorry and didn't look behind him before trying to turn around since he was lost!!!

After all the hubbub, he said it was all his fault, etc, etc. I was debating on calling the insurance, since I figured this meant that it's going to be listed on Carfax, etc.

But, in the long run, I didn't want to have to pay for anything, so I called it in. Both of us had GEICO and about 2 hours later, the other driver filed his claim and GEICO called back to state that I was completely covered by his insurance and I had to pay nothing.

However, now I wonder about the hit I might take if I ever try trading it in.

Had I been in road rage mode, I would have honked the horn when he first stopped and he would have realized that I was behind him and wouldn't have backed up.

*sigh*

Off to get it estimated and repaired on Wednesday. Damage to only the left front bumper, all lights working. However, now I hear squeaking noises and I think the car is pulling to the left.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:35 PM
castertroy101

Originally Posted by pdjafari
Alot of times the bumpers flex back (urethane) and then there's sub frame damage below which can drive the cost waaaay up (look at poor glenn)...its all BS....

yea....when i first looked at the car from the outside it didnt look bad at all...sure the airbag deployed eventhough its not suppose to when no one is in the passenger seat..

Anyway the stupid state trooper told me to back it off the wall, and i said"i couldnt cause it wont move" He said"it dosn't look that bad" I didnt comply and waited till the tow truck driver got there and was able to move it himself. He said it was "really difficult to steer".

When the car got it too the shop first estimate was $14,000. After all the BS i went through the final tally was $18,756.47 Had frame damage, frame rail replacement, paint job, replaced whole front end, suspension redone, some engine parts renewed, and etc, etc. Didnt look bad from view, but under the hood was a nightmare.

Quick Reply: Cheap asss Benz C240 hit me!