NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

VA Cops

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:35 AM
vlm7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VA Cops

State trooper lights me up while I'm driving in on 66E today.

I'm thinking, I'm good since: 1) I have a passenger, so no HOV violation; 2) I set my cruise at 62mph; and its a really sunny day, so no need to worry about tint.

Wrong. He walks over and asks me if I'm aware of VA tint laws. I reply yes, you can have 35%. He immediately says, 35 only on the back - raise your front windows please (as I dropped them as soon as he lit me up). He whips out his scanner and says, "too dark." I explained to him that I didn't get into specifics w/ my tint shop but just told them to go as dark as VA permits. He asked where my shop was, and I said MD. And he said, "Ah, MD permits darker tint up front as well." So he let me off with a warning, but told me to take care of it because he is on 66 everyday.

Some VA cops should move over to DC where there's a shortage...
Old 07-26-2006, 10:37 AM
LEK

Originally Posted by vlm7
State trooper lights me up while I'm driving in on 66E today.

I'm thinking, I'm good since: 1) I have a passenger, so no HOV violation; 2) I set my cruise at 62mph; and its a really sunny day, so no need to worry about tint.

Wrong. He walks over and asks me if I'm aware of VA tint laws. I reply yes, you can have 35%. He immediately says, 35 only on the back - raise your front windows please (as I dropped them as soon as he lit me up). He whips out his scanner and says, "too dark." I explained to him that I didn't get into specifics w/ my tint shop but just told them to go as dark as VA permits. He asked where my shop was, and I said MD. And he said, "Ah, MD permits darker tint up front as well." So he let me off with a warning, but told me to take care of it because he is on 66 everyday.

Some VA cops should move over to DC where there's a shortage...
you should have told him you're a lawyer and you will sue his sorry a$$ because he only pulled you over because you are yellow!! looool j/k

glad you got away with it though. if it was me...i never get lucky like that.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:40 AM
vlm7

He may have pulled me over cuz I was yellow, but I'll take it so long as he lets me go cuz of my caucasian gf... ha...
Old 07-26-2006, 10:41 AM
LEK

Originally Posted by vlm7
He may have pulled me over cuz I was yellow, but I'll take it so long as he lets me go cuz of my caucasian gf... ha...
he might get mad and say that all the yellows are coming here and stealing all their women.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:43 AM
vlm7

I'll show him I didn't steal and paid a pretty penny... immigrants are good for the local economy...
Old 07-26-2006, 10:50 AM
KlokDeezal

I didnt think that VA cops could pull you over for tint only. I thought that it had to be secondary ticket like if your caught doing an HOV violation and then he realizes your tint is illegal and gives you a ticket. That has been all of my experiences when it came down to tint issues.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:52 AM
vlm7

I think VA cops think driving a G is "probable cause"
Old 07-26-2006, 10:58 AM
pdjafari

^^I agree...VA cops are d1cks, they just look for a young buck (minority) driving a nice ride and thats enough of an excuse to pull you over. Vic if I were you I wouldve handed him one of your legal business cards..

man things like this just **** me off...seriously...

on a side note, since selling my exhaust and body kit, 6k HIDs and LED bulbs and engine mods I have YET to be pulled over..(knocks on wood..)

BTW I've noticed if you have a girl next to you when getting pulled over (and she cant be a sea donkey either...) that you'll have a harder time getting off...
Old 07-26-2006, 11:00 AM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a great explaination Vic whether true or not. Good job getting out of that one. Who cares if he's on 66 everyday. Might as well delay having to take off the tint as long as possible.

~Khoa
Old 07-26-2006, 11:02 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

Too bad devon wasnt there to shout out that you were being pulled over because you were "Driving while yellow"
Old 07-26-2006, 11:03 AM
ratm68

Originally Posted by clokwork
Too bad devon wasnt there to shout out that you were being pulled over because you were "Driving while yellow"

ahaha, that would of been funny. The cop would of been like "hey, were you the one that my butt buddy threw in jail couple weeks ago?"

~Khoa
Old 07-26-2006, 11:04 AM
pdjafari

^^or he'd say 'Werent' you the one who was locked up last week for bangin horses' (from Blacksheep - RIP Chris Farley..)
Old 07-26-2006, 11:27 AM
EngenZerO

I was pulled over yesterday cause i have temp tags from ohio on my g35, so after that checked out he then started giving me a hard time for the stuff i had hanging on my rearview mirror. He kept on going on about obstruction of view... i was like... whatever... So, I removed my stuff hanigng and said happy?

I did give him the benefit of the doubt though... my temp tag was haning in my rearview mirror so he probably did not see it from the angle he was sitting at... and it looked like a car with no license plate... then to see a temp tag from a different state its kinda confusing... nevetheless... no ticket... just 20-30 minutes of my time wasted...
Old 07-26-2006, 11:31 AM
ratm68

Originally Posted by EngenZerO
I was pulled over yesterday cause i have temp tags from ohio on my g35, so after that checked out he then started giving me a hard time for the stuff i had hanging on my rearview mirror. He kept on going on about obstruction of view... i was like... whatever... So, I removed my stuff hanigng and said happy?

I did give him the benefit of the doubt though... my temp tag was haning in my rearview mirror so he probably did not see it from the angle he was sitting at... and it looked like a car with no license plate... then to see a temp tag from a different state its kinda confusing... nevetheless... no ticket... just 20-30 minutes of my time wasted...

Did you just move here from Ohio? if so, welcome

~Khoa
Old 07-26-2006, 11:32 AM
KlokDeezal

^^That happened to me in Jersey. "Obstruction of view" for having my graduation tassle hanging from my mirror. Also, he said that it is illegal to clip my cell phone to my visor...he might think that it was a radar detector.
He also said that it was illegal for a black man to have an expensive azz car and not have it loaded w/ drugs j/k

Quick Reply: VA Cops