NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

new crib

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 06:04 PM
nmanti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry new crib

Since there is no assigned parking at the new cono, I leave my car outside our door so that we can have a clear path from the truck to the pad.
I wait at U-Haul for 1.5hrs to pick up my truck this morning. (sucks but its U-Haul, so I expect it)
Its raining off and on the whole time we're loading/unloading. (What can you do...)
I get back to the condo and my driver's side mirror is busted!!!
It looks like someone fell and tried to catch themself on it.
I've had this car for barely three months and I've already had more damage do it than the past two combined.
Hopefully the new part won't be too expensive. Wish me luck...
Old 06-25-2006, 06:13 PM
arjunz

damn Dehj,
sorry to hear..
Old 06-25-2006, 06:42 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

damn man. I wish I could say something to brighten that up. Im sorry to hear all of that. the mirror shouldnt cost much though. About the Uhaul though man, they are just a bad business as a whole. I have NEVER in my 3 moves needing trucks, had a good experience with them. I switched to Budget this last time and had a flawless experience with them.

They are really gonna suffer once people realize there are other alternatives for the same or even cheaper (in my case) price.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:02 PM
nmanti

^ Yea I've had mad experience with U-Haul too; I was hopeing that this time would be different...

Oh yea, and to make matters worse; I intentially parked on the end as to minimize potential damage from other vehicles. The damage was on the side opposite the other cars.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:44 PM
mp3spy

Damn Bro, Sorry to hear that....I used Budget when I moved into my new pad in Reston.....I'll have to say though, moving Fuking blows...I've been at my new condo for about 5 weeks now and I'm still trying to set it all up and get rid of all my boxes....
-D
Old 06-26-2006, 07:49 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mp3spy
Damn Bro, Sorry to hear that....I used Budget when I moved into my new pad in Reston.....I'll have to say though, moving Fuking blows...I've been at my new condo for about 5 weeks now and I'm still trying to set it all up and get rid of all my boxes....
-D
Yeah, we are slowly parting away with our boxes. It was a maze in there.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:14 AM
brian2004

Sorry to hear that.That is terrible.People should get their AZZ kicked for that.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:19 AM
startertan

Dehj, sorry to hear about the car man. Best of luck getting it fixed.

On the 2nd topic, U-Haul sucks! I went with them when I moved last year. I reserved my truck over 5 weeks in advance on their website. They ask "How long do you need the truck for?". I put on the website about 9 hours. You figure 2 to load, 1 to the new house, 3 to unload, 2 hours to kill for lunch, and 1 to drive back, right? When I call a few days before to confirm a few days before the @ssh0le at U-Haul says I can only have the truck for 5 hours?!?! What the f*ck is the point of the website then. He says every hour over the 5 hours is $100. @ss!!! Luckily I ended up moving in like 2.5 hours b/c I had 8 people come to help me! F*ck U-Haul!
Old 06-26-2006, 09:39 AM
terryw

sorry to hear, good luck man
Old 06-26-2006, 09:55 AM
shibal_z

Down with U-Haul. My fiance had a horrible time getting a reservation and getting a "valid" drop off point. They gave us a number to call for the drop off point near the area we wanted. Instead, the number was a recorded message and instructed us to drop the car off at their regional lots in Woodbridge and Manassas!!!!! Much further than the Lorton drop off point that we had requested. We had to get up early the next day to call them and straighten out the whole mess. They are incompetent and have poor coordination/logistics.

As for your side mirror damage??? I would be out for blood... I can't believe any ungrateful commoner would touch a G to break their fall. Get a two-way alarm with a shock sensor and a Louisville Slugger.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:37 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

^ The two way alarm wouldnt have done him any good in this situation, but a slugger can always come in handy

Im so glad my G sleeps in a garage now...

got more than a slugger for intruders heh
Old 06-26-2006, 10:41 AM
pdjafari

damn dhej...sux this happened...sorry bro...
Old 06-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Stytch

Originally Posted by nmanti
Since there is no assigned parking at the new cono, I leave my car outside our door so that we can have a clear path from the truck to the pad.
I wait at U-Haul for 1.5hrs to pick up my truck this morning. (sucks but its U-Haul, so I expect it)
Its raining off and on the whole time we're loading/unloading. (What can you do...)
I get back to the condo and my driver's side mirror is busted!!!
It looks like someone fell and tried to catch themself on it.
I've had this car for barely three months and I've already had more damage do it than the past two combined.
Hopefully the new part won't be too expensive. Wish me luck...
DAMN MANG, somebody must have put a hit out on your G, sorry to hear about your mishap.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Stytch

Originally Posted by shibal_z
Down with U-Haul. My fiance had a horrible time getting a reservation and getting a "valid" drop off point. They gave us a number to call for the drop off point near the area we wanted. Instead, the number was a recorded message and instructed us to drop the car off at their regional lots in Woodbridge and Manassas!!!!! Much further than the Lorton drop off point that we had requested. We had to get up early the next day to call them and straighten out the whole mess. They are incompetent and have poor coordination/logistics.

As for your side mirror damage??? I would be out for blood... I can't believe any ungrateful commoner would touch a G to break their fall. Get a two-way alarm with a shock sensor and a Louisville Slugger.
And don't forget the surveillance cameras around the G to catch the **** who did it