NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Wallet+Keys stolen

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 03:53 PM
terryw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wallet+Keys stolen

So yeah incase pratik or kunal or Jeff hasnt told you guys at the bbq. I lost my wallet and my car keys last night in DC. I think i got my pocket picked at Sesto Senso in NW. My keys are attached to my wallet.

I woke up this morning to find my wallet and keys missing, so I called the bank after failing to find it in the house. Apparently someones been using my chevy chase debit card to mark many charges this morning. buying gas and video games and what not. fortunately, My bank said those are easily disputable and I wont be charged.

The bad news is my driver's liscense has my address and someone might come and try to steal my car tonight. Fortunately its now blocked at the very top of the driveway by several cars and i unplugged the battery, and I asked my dad to come pick up my car and get the keys reprogramed tomorrow.

anyone has any idea how much a set of key + remote cost? Jeff said he can possibly reprogram it for me. Since i have a spare set of keys i might not even need to buy a new set dependin on the price. They can probably still open my door and my trunk though... even after the the keys have been reprogramed.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:21 PM
nmanti

Ouch. Sorry to hear it man. Hope everything works out.
Maybe they can catch the guy based on purchases.

Good luck.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:34 PM
binar

Sounds to me like someone is sleeping in their car tonight with their trusty baseball bat
Old 06-04-2006, 06:12 PM
superchargedg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that sucks dude,if need be ill stand watch with my ar-15 (same as a m-16 but semi auto).typical **** for dc though.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:25 PM
terryw

i think ill be ok, my dad gonna come take my car to his work later tonight. Ill get a ride from a friend to work tomorrow. things could be a lot worse, at least i know the wallet is stolen and a someone is abusing the contents. At this point i dont think theres much he can do anymore. and maybe someone can shed somelight on this..

if you reprogram the keys and the car, the old key will no longer work right? even if you try to use the physical key to open the door, the door will not open.

Last edited by terryw; 06-04-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Espresso

Sucks to hear what happened man. Reprogramming the key I thought only controls the ignition. If it doesn't match, the car won't start. But the doors itself should still open. At least that's my understanding of it. You can probably have the lost remote reprogrammed to not work but the lock cylinders still matches all your original keys. You could install the key hole cover to deter anyone from using the lost key to physically open your doors.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:39 PM
superchargedg

Originally Posted by terryw
i think ill be ok, my dad is coming later to take the car tonight. Ill get a ride from a friend to work tomorrow. things could be a lot worse, at least i know the wallet is stolen and a someone is abusing the contents. At this point i dont think theres much he can do anymore. and maybe someone can shed somelight on this..

if you reprogram the keys and the car, the old key will no longer work right? even if you try to use the physical key to open the door, the door will not open.
yes when they reprogram your key thats all there is to it.ill still be there if you want.id love to see what an ar-15 would do to a scum sucker.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:50 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

^^ that wouldnt be pretty.

I hope you get this done quickly man. I had the same thing happen to me in college. My car got stolen and stripped

Make sure your dad gets its soon man.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:50 PM
terryw

cool, i was thinking it would be logical if the code recognition thing extended to the door also. i guess ill find out the real deal tomorrow when my dad takes it in for me.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Jee_35

dude that sucks, i lost my wallet a few weeks ago in DC too, funniest thing tho.. whoever had my wallet charged 480$ worth of stuff from WAWA.. out of all the places.. wth can you buy from wawa? haha
Good thing you have a place where you can take the car tho, did you try calling the dealership about the keys?
Old 06-04-2006, 10:30 PM
ratm68

sucks to hear. How did it get stolen? sounded like you got sh!tface since you said you woke up with it missing. Hopefully you'll get everything fix up soon.

~Khoa
Old 06-04-2006, 10:35 PM
terryw

i actually didnt get sh*t faced last night, i was the designated driver. we took my friends toyota avalon. it was just so crowded in sesto senso, i only had 1 cup of henn and coke. someone must have picked my pocket in there..I was just chillin on the bar talking to chicks or talking to my boys most of the night... didnt even move around. i hardly even stood up. it was just so crowded, everyone were trying to get drinks, it must have been real easy to get my pocket picked.

i think ill be aight, since my dad is taking care of the key thing for me tomorrow. i gotta holla at Jeff about that.and my dad already took the car away as of now.

Last edited by terryw; 06-04-2006 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:14 PM
infinite04

i know this is a long shot but try getting the exact gas station and time your card was used go to that station if it has cameras and get the guys license plate then hand it over to cops and see what happens. i dont know how much it is to reprogram but i heard its expensive Try finding this A$$#$%#
Old 06-04-2006, 11:34 PM
terryw

great idea! thanks, ill definetly look into it
Old 06-05-2006, 08:47 AM
PatZX300

The reprogram only covers the car starting, the mechanical part of the key still physically matches the locks. When the remote is programmed the old remotes can be cleared out so they will be useless. The only way to completely keep the old key from working is a new lockset for all of the locks.

Quick Reply: Wallet+Keys stolen