NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Got a ticket...help...;;;

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 04:35 PM
LEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by arjunz
Kevin, I've been in your situation... the good thing about first time offenders is that you can plead guilty, you will do the driving class and if you manage to keep your record clean for 3 months after the driving class, the points wont go on your record, therefore, your insurance wont go up. But make sure you dont be stupid like myself and get another ticket any time soon.... especially now with so many cops around, slow it down and dont be in a hurry. Good Luck. Go to court, plead guilty...tell them its your first offense and you are extremely sorry, unless you are willing to spend $$$ on a lawyer... then its a total different story.
Arjunz...he's 18 just like you and drives a G... im sure he's got $$$
Old 05-23-2006, 05:07 PM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sucks to hear. Only thing you can really do is show up to court and please guilty and pray for the best. Ask for probation before judgement. He'll most likely reduce the fine/points. If cops is no show, no worry, you get off free (atleast in MD you do). Your insurance will know if you get any sort of points, so premium should go up. Goodluck, take it down a notch in them 45 zone..hehe

~Khoa
Old 05-23-2006, 05:16 PM
JDM 350GT

taken care of. thx for replying. love NGC!

my mom called insurance and talk to our agent (she is close "friend" of my mom) and she told me as long as it's not reckless, just pay fine, which should be around 100~200.
my insurance does random checking on accounts, which means that they pull out random accounts to see if he/she had accidents/tickets before.
even if i get caught...low couple hundreds.
worst case - $400.
going there w/ my parents this/next week to pay fines. i feel better!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 05:26 PM
arjunz

^dude go to court, they wont make u pay the ticket fees.. atleast i didnt have to .. all i had to pay was 150 bucks for taking the classes... and if your parents go then can get "positive" points on their records. All u have to do is go through these classes ... and dont get a ticket for another 3 months and your record stays clean, hence your insurance premium wouldn't increase. If you pay off the ticket, it will stay on your record..
Old 05-23-2006, 05:27 PM
JDM 350GT

i thought these classes are for people w/ age 18 or under.
i am 19...;
Old 05-23-2006, 05:27 PM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JDM 350GT

my mom called insurance and talk to our agent (she is close "friend" of my mom) and she told me as long as it's not reckless, just pay fine, which should be around 100~200.
my insurance does random checking on accounts, which means that they pull out random accounts to see if he/she had accidents/tickets before.
worst case - $400.

HUH? not going to court? Don't ever just "pay the fine" I'm sure there's points involved. You have nothing to loose, but the $35 or so in court fee by attending court. Just wanted to make sure I read that correctly.

~Khoa
Old 05-23-2006, 05:29 PM
arjunz

i thought these classes are for people w/ age 18 or under.
i am 19...;
hmmm... i'm not sure but i would double check on that.... call the traffic court and talk to some one there. Dont "just pay off the fine"... worst case scenario should be just "paying off the fine" for you .. since its your first ticket.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:30 PM
JDM 350GT

hmmmmmmmm...
i amma call the court tomorrow after school to see what's happening.
ty arjun see ya @ vtech on august
Old 05-23-2006, 05:31 PM
arjunz

^ Oh congrats man! ... are u taking the car?
Old 05-23-2006, 05:37 PM
JDM 350GT

my close friend is my roommate and he is taking his car...i might get a used car down there. idk.
you told me about how ppl key other ppl's car in daily basis...
i will get like civic
Old 05-23-2006, 05:44 PM
arjunz

haha actually there really isnt a point having a car freshmen year... thats why i didnt take mine ..except for the fact that i had to park it in an open parking lot.... far away from my dorm... I'll be taking it next year .. only till the winter hits blacksburg.. then the car is going to be back home safe in the garage
Old 05-24-2006, 12:07 AM
JDM 350GT

:O
i can no longer trust people after i got keyed in school i will never park my car outside!
Old 05-24-2006, 12:11 AM
NoG4Me

While 20 over in VA is reckless (I think in MD also), the officer gets to decide if he wants to check the reckless box. Sometimes they say "I'm sorry, 20 over is reckless no matter"... lies.

I don't know where you're talking about getting pulled over, if it's VA, the points stay on for a long time. Might be something you should try to avoid if possible.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Jee_35

jeez man, that sucks to hear, really tho, you should make a court experience and plead guilty, sometimes with a nice judge, you might get no points and a fine, or some kind of reduced penalty. especially since it is your first..
I dont know about Va, but in MD you can ask for PBJ (Probation before judgement) if it is your first, basically this current ticket/fee is withheld and if you drive for a certain amount of time (6months i believe) with no tickets/violations the ticket basically disappears. If you do get another violation, you have to pay double the first ticket, and the 2nd ticket and accept full penalties.. :P check that out
Old 05-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Espresso

worst case - $400.
Sorry to tell you but what your insurance agent just fed you was complete garbage. To translate what she said, "Just pay the fines and you'll get raped every 6 months!". I don't know about your financial situation but a few hundred more for insurance every 6 months for the next say 3-5 yrs is steep. Not to mention once you're off your parent's policy, you're simply out of luck in finding a half decent rate. Also, all the cars tied to your family's insurance policy will likely go up. Add all this up and that's thousands of dollars in the next 3-5 yrs. Do the smart thing and show up in court and plead not guilty and talk to the judge/prosecuting attorney. The best thing would be hiring a lawyer. It would probably be towards your advantage.