NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

HID fogs installed and S Techs installed (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 02:43 PM
Espresso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ratm68
First of all, I agree, Jim deals cracks. Still buying stuff with his pending court case .

Secondly he didn't mention anything about his HD being bipolar to replace both high and low. Most HID retro done on the fog, merely replaces the fog with HID. The high beam would no longer be in used. There are some HID retro out there for H4 that has a lil bulb to replicate the highbeam. But most of those are white/blue type and not yellow. Want to chime in Peper?

~Khoa
I'm not aware of a HID bulb that's that yellow. You can of course retro an HID bulb in there but if you're already spending money to do that, might as well get a bi-xenon projector and place it in the fog/hi-beam section. If you're keeping the stock bulb but would like the best yellow appearance like a Lexus, there are yellow capsules you can install over the bulbs.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Pepepr

How come the fog/yellow is painting more of the road than just the fog area? my fog paint the area closer to the car and under the regular low beam. You yellow pattern is replacing the lowbeam area instead of the fog area.

Which s-tech did you get? Z or G's? Heard the G's tein's are all softer than oem.

~Khoa

First of all, I agree, Jim deals cracks. Still buying stuff with his pending court case .

Secondly he didn't mention anything about his HD being bipolar to replace both high and low. Most HID retro done on the fog, merely replaces the fog with HID. The high beam would no longer be in used. There are some HID retro out there for H4 that has a lil bulb to replicate the highbeam. But most of those are white/blue type and not yellow. Want to chime in Peper?

~Khoa

The fog light no longer has a high beam....i didnt get the bi-xenons...no need when you have all that light. I got the S Techs for the G....the ride feels about the same... i didnt want a really stiff spring...when i buys some adjustable shocks, then i will get something more stiff.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Pepepr

Originally Posted by Jee_35
did you have to get a conversion for the HID fogs? how much did it run you?

the kit cost me $260.... installation was done by a friends shop...ill post up pics of the ballast mounting locations. All that was done was removing the OEM bulb and installing this one...i think a wire or two had to be spliced...other than that, the kit is great. I have the same kit but 6000K on my F-350.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:06 PM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pepepr
The fog light no longer has a high beam....i didnt get the bi-xenons...no need when you have all that light. I got the S Techs for the G....the ride feels about the same... i didnt want a really stiff spring...when i buys some adjustable shocks, then i will get something more stiff.

Thanks for clearing that up. From the picture though, it does show that the bulb is in the location of the oem highbeam, in order to give that pattern. This means that you're running highbeam equivalent when you use the fog. Does it give off really bad glare for oncoming driver? This has always been my concern with the G's fog retro HID, that since it's in the same housing as the highbeam (was with most H4 bulb), it can create the high beam affect.

See Devon, they weren't high beam sir!

~Khoa
Old 05-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Pepepr

If it creates a glare....im not sure...all i can tell you is that they dont shine past the regular headlights and that i have not been high beamed by anyone yet so i dont think that they blind or glare at anyone.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:23 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

^^ Thats good then. I think the projector design we have for the high beams/fogs is good at keeping high (as in height) light low. As long as the bulbs dont have their hotspot puinting down and out, it shouldnt be a problem.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Jee_35

thanks for the info no.. i dont deal crack haha
Old 05-22-2006, 04:56 PM
castertroy101

^ liar
Old 05-22-2006, 04:57 PM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jee_35
thanks for the info no.. i dont deal crack haha

^^ Couldn't even type that with a straight face ..calling po po

~Khoa
Old 05-22-2006, 05:20 PM
castertroy101

^^^ oh sh&& hes going to jail...his HID's are mine...you guys can have the rest
Old 05-22-2006, 05:29 PM
ttrank
TIMMAHH!!

If you want Hi/LO still you have two options:

1) You can get a H4 HID conversion that has a HID bulb (color from 3k to 12k) and a small bulb attached for the HI which is mainly for flashing people.

2) There are also H4 HID bulbs that have a small reflector that moves back and forth to change the beam pattern for HI/LO.