Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

Anyone try Exotics Racing in Las Vegas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 07:48 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Anyone try Exotics Racing in Las Vegas?

Been wanting to take their GT-R for some hot laps next trip out there, just wanted to know if anyone here has been out there, and if so what car did you try and how was the overall experience?
Thanks!
Exotic car driving experience
Old 02-09-2013, 11:50 AM
showme99
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My wife bought that for me as a Christmas present. It was amazing! I got 6 laps in the GTR and I had a blast! That car is seriously fast, and it corners like a champ. You even have the option of getting a video recording of your racing experience (I highly recommend this). The staff there is very friendly, and they do their best to make sure you have a good time.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:12 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by showme99
My wife bought that for me as a Christmas present. It was amazing! I got 6 laps in the GTR and I had a blast! That car is seriously fast, and it corners like a champ. You even have the option of getting a video recording of your racing experience (I highly recommend this). The staff there is very friendly, and they do their best to make sure you have a good time.
Just what i wanted to hear
Did you drive the latest Black Edition GT-R?
The guy I talked w/ a couple weeks ago when we were there said he'd throw in an extra lap and possibly even a better price. How long was the whole session from the class to the drive, and were there any "hidden" fees? Oh, and how much for the video?
thanks!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:50 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Op, I almost did this last year. When I called them up, they were able to answer my questions down to the tee. Their wasn't any hidden fees and they said what ever you added on the website, that's what was charged and you would just show up with your valid drivers license and confirmation and drive.

They got alot of good info on their site.

RACING SCHOOL, Exotics racing school is the ultimate driving experience at Las Vegas Speedway with Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche.

Video was like $75 if I remember.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:17 AM
XSivG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey Blnewt,
How's it going ???
I was at Exotic last April 2012 and had one of the greatest days of my life, a dream come true, at least for me !!!
I was fortunate to drive the beloved Ferrari 458 Italia for 10 laps and also took a crazy *** sideways 2 lap ride in the Z06 drift car which was well worth the $99 fee. You do this after your drive so you get to see how to really drive the track and/or how much you really suck, lol,lol,lol.
Do your self a favor and pay the $75 for the ride along DVD or you can bring along flash drive to store it. I did not get the DVD and I regret it to this very day as you are so engrossed in driving the car, learning the track, and trying to drive well, that the experience was kinda a blur. If I had gotten the vid I could have relived my dream (not only from memory) and critiqued my driving skills or lack there of. ;o)
Go on youtube and search Exotic Racing and you can help familiarize yourself with the track before you get there by watching peoples DVD's !!!
From class to the end of my laps was approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
Exotic Racing is a first class operation and I would recommend it to anyone interested !!!
If you have extra time visit the Shelby museum and factory located right across from the track. Factory tours are given once a day and begin at 10:30 am. You can check their site for specifics. It was well worth while.
Shelby Mobile

If you have any further questions please ask !!!
ENJOY !!!
Russ
Old 02-10-2013, 10:36 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by XSivG
Hey Blnewt,
How's it going ???
I was at Exotic last April 2012 and had one of the greatest days of my life, a dream come true, at least for me !!!
I was fortunate to drive the beloved Ferrari 458 Italia for 10 laps and also took a crazy *** sideways 2 lap ride in the Z06 drift car which was well worth the $99 fee. You do this after your drive so you get to see how to really drive the track and/or how much you really suck, lol,lol,lol.
Do your self a favor and pay the $75 for the ride along DVD or you can bring along flash drive to store it. I did not get the DVD and I regret it to this very day as you are so engrossed in driving the car, learning the track, and trying to drive well, that the experience was kinda a blur. If I had gotten the vid I could have relived my dream (not only from memory) and critiqued my driving skills or lack there of. ;o)
Go on youtube and search Exotic Racing and you can help familiarize yourself with the track before you get there by watching peoples DVD's !!!
From class to the end of my laps was approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
Exotic Racing is a first class operation and I would recommend it to anyone interested !!!
If you have extra time visit the Shelby museum and factory located right across from the track. Factory tours are given once a day and begin at 10:30 am. You can check their site for specifics. It was well worth while.
Shelby Mobile

If you have any further questions please ask !!!
ENJOY !!!
Russ
Awesome, thanks for the detailed reply, I'm definitely going to do this in April. So you can just bring a flash drive and they'll load it, what do they charge for that? That drift ride along sounds pretty cool, but like you said you'd come crashing back to earth when you get compared to some seasoned track veteran Maybe if I'm playing on house money by the time I go to the track I can get some add ons or maybe take 2 cars out on the track. Bet that Ferrrari was one sick puppy
Thanks, and I too was very impressed to the guy I spoke with, seems like they really run a top-notch operation.
Brad
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 AM
XSivG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brad,
download to the flash was the same price as the DVD $79.
try to take at least 3 laps in whatever car/cars you decide to drive.
you need that much time to really get the most from your experience with the car/track.
the driver of the drift car was a former Japanese drift champion so this guy definitely knew his s**t. he did not use the e-brake to get the tail out, all done with controlled throttle oversteer, the Z06 is a beast !!!
being owned by the pro was well worth the experience, trust me, lol.
I did not shed one tear for my lack of skills compared to him !!! ;o}
all the best.
Russ
Old 02-11-2013, 01:14 AM
devil2k
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Video wasn't recorded in HD, but still it was worth it I think. I took the Gallardo Superleggera out for 10 laps, cost me over $700 with the recording. Worth every penny.