Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

Raced my 08 G37s vs 12 IPL 1/4

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:34 AM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 37hevn
I dont think my g is suppose to fast like a bullet, but i have raced an evo with mods and he couldnt break 14, his new one barely broke it at 13.9.

Please dont tell me the purpose of these cars, ive said it on here a few times, i know what these cars were made for. Im at the track to see what the bolts did for me. i gained whp on the dyno and before some mods my best time was 14.1 but now im at 13.5, so i have gained time.

My ecu is not flashed, i returned the hypertech and got uprev and got it dyno tuned. 277/252 to 290/259 on a mustang dyno.
Well yeah that is good that you know what our car is for. Many of people come into these forums all angry and saying why can't they make any power and dumping in like 5k for mods.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:56 PM
apexi350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Running out of bolt-on's then FI is the next stage. But plan to spend lots of $$$ of you want to go FI, since one single mishaps will result in major repairs.. Been there, done that..

For our G, just keep it plain and simple on the bolt-on's, and do aero / wheel / cosmetic upgrades..It's really meant for looks more than tracks.. (too heavy), imo.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont think my g is suppose to fast like a bullet. but i have raced an evo with mods and he couldnt break 14, his new one barely broke it at 13.9. those small time rally cars dont have top end at all because they arent made for the strip just like another car...

Please dont tell me the purpose of these cars, ive said it on here a few times, i know what these cars were made for. Im at the track to see what the bolts did for me. i gained whp on the dyno and before some mods my best time was 14.1 but now im at 13.5, so i have gained time.

My ecu is not flashed, i returned the hypertech and got uprev and got it dyno tuned. 277/252 to 290/259 on a mustang dyno.
DUDE! So you started at 14.1 and are currently at 13.5? Yeah I would say that you've done a good job and should be happy because 0.6 seconds with all bolt-ons is pretty good. I get what you are saying that you aren't trying to run the 1/4 for sport, but gaging what the bolt-ons have done. Thats how I am as well. But fro whatever reason, the must be something about the IPL that makes it a little quicker than a regular G.

But comparing YOU to YOURSELF, you did well, bro!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
i went through this same thing (kinda). Modded my g almost as much as you (besides headers) and found myself not satisfied. Its impossible to make good power on a NA motor, i mean 4.08 gears do help a lot.

I ended up selling my car and buying an STI. Im very glad i did, lots more modding options too.

Back on topic, one great thing about the g is the motor is very robust, meaning you can FI it without having to go forged (obviously within reason).

Your time at the strip is great for the G if you ask me, try turning up your flux capacitor next time
Old 02-27-2012, 07:54 PM
37hevn

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
DUDE! So you started at 14.1 and are currently at 13.5? Yeah I would say that you've done a good job and should be happy because 0.6 seconds with all bolt-ons is pretty good. I get what you are saying that you aren't trying to run the 1/4 for sport, but gaging what the bolt-ons have done. Thats how I am as well. But fro whatever reason, the must be something about the IPL that makes it a little quicker than a regular G.

But comparing YOU to YOURSELF, you did well, bro!
Thanks and thats what i need to look at also. It already had hfc and catback and some small stuff and i got 14.1 then the other big stuff ive been slowing coming down. driveshaft, slicks, and higher rear end would be a difference.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:58 PM
37hevn

Originally Posted by Steveo47
i went through this same thing (kinda). Modded my g almost as much as you (besides headers) and found myself not satisfied. Its impossible to make good power on a NA motor, i mean 4.08 gears do help a lot.

I ended up selling my car and buying an STI. Im very glad i did, lots more modding options too.

Back on topic, one great thing about the g is the motor is very robust, meaning you can FI it without having to go forged (obviously within reason).

Your time at the strip is great for the G if you ask me, try turning up your flux capacitor next time
Thanks, yea id like to do rear end gears but for some reason the people that make them think they are gold. a buddy got a new rear gear for his mustang and spent 125. Id be willing to pay 300 but not 600+ these foriegn cars are a curse. domestic cars have cheaper parts and get more hp but unfortunetly for them i feel they dont have the swagger z/g's do or other performance foreign cars (STI)
Old 02-27-2012, 08:00 PM
37hevn

FI would be a next step and i would do a supercharger but with gas going to $5+ this year and my insurance being 2300 a year, i need to play it safe it order to keep this hobby. maybe in 5 years when the next G comes out lol
Old 02-27-2012, 08:17 PM
MurderedG37s

if you did it in florida then you have a lower altitude, but post a slip cuz people have different definitions of similar numbers. its not the "stillen products", i gained around 50 hp with all my mods but i just dont know why i didnt see results over the ipl.

did you dyno your car before and after?
Its the driver with a 6MT. Some guys are awesome drivers. Me, not so much. On a bike, yes.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:22 AM
mtrsprt

You need to stop worrying about ET. 50% of your ET comes from the first 60' of the track. You can't compare true power with ET.

Since you trapped about 2mph more than the IPL, you are probably making about 15-20hp more than him. You were slower out of the hole. It's not a big deal.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:30 AM
Shill

Still not bad time though.. Here is my little toy..

Scion tC turbo vs G35 - YouTube

The white tC, thats at 300whp, need slicks bad that was on street tires.. Now i have me a g37 to cruise in for when go for more power and drags, in case i brake axles.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:34 AM
mtrsprt

Originally Posted by Shill
Still not bad time though.. Here is my little toy..

Scion tC turbo vs G35 - YouTube

The white tC, thats at 300whp, need slicks bad that was on street tires.. Now i have me a g37 to cruise in for when go for more power and drags, in case i brake axles.
The slow shifting and hitting the rev limiter during every shift is killing the ET on that car...
Old 02-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Shill

Really isnt, and when you spin that much I let it bounce off of the limiter to catch up to speed, or I shift in to lower rpms then needed and have boost lag.. The bouncing is from spinning not from me just letting it bounce while i have full traction. Couldnt even launch
Old 02-28-2012, 12:40 AM
mtrsprt

I'm talking after the 330' mark... A slight bog, will net a better ET then hitting the limiter like that, through 2-3 shifts.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:15 AM
oreoleo

You really have to work on your 60'. I ran a 13.2 on beat 275s and 3* of camber.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by oreoleo
You really have to work on your 60'. I ran a 13.2 on beat 275s and 3* of camber.
That can't be true. Don't post a time that low, OP will not believe you because his car didn't do it so it's obviously not possible.

Quick Reply: Raced my 08 G37s vs 12 IPL 1/4