Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

Track events~!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 07:19 PM
jungwoo0622

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
Some pictures of you...

thats the one it is my friend's s2k

Wow how did you get my picture?
i dont even have mine
Old 05-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
go to the address in the pictures =P
Old 06-25-2009, 07:56 AM
jwfisher
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
A great start on the track:

Full story on my blog post: http://www.drivingenthusiast.net/sec.../23.html#a2698
Old 07-06-2009, 12:38 PM
kieranlavin

For anyone in the northeast, NASA Northeast is having their "Grand Slam" weekend at Pocono Raceway on Friday 7/17, Saturday 7/18, and Sunday 7/19. Friday you get to do all three tracks at Pocono (North, South, East) and you'll get probably 6 or 7 sessions! Saturday is the double infield where you come out of the pits into the north infield, out onto the "back straight" between the tunnel turn (Turn 2 on the Nascar track) and Turn 1 and turn into the south infield and then back out onto the main straight at the pits. Sunday they do the single infield where they use the banking at Turn 1, onto the straight, through Turn 2 (tunnel turn), turn into the north infield, and then out onto the pit straight around Turn 1 again. If I had to guess, a stock G37 would probably be capable of hitting 130-140+ on the double and single infields

You can register to drive, you can come and I'll give rides, or you can just come watch. You can also register to do what's called a Hyperdrive which is where you pay only $50 and get a classroom session followed by a lead-and-follow session on the track at lunchtime. It's a good taste of what the whole HPDE experience is all about.

www.pdadrivingschool.com

If anyone wants to go or has any questions, let me know
Old 07-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Team Punisher

Wish we could make .. but clutch has gone out with only 11,800 mi. i got the chance to take our car to NJMP only 2nd time on the track and although the clutch went i still got in a full day of driving only 2 1/2 laps in my car (08g37s) which felt great. But i did get a S*** load of time in a 600+hp Roush Mustang.. which also felt great so as soon as car is up and running i hope to do 1 or 2 more TRACK DAYS....
Old 07-11-2009, 07:47 AM
kieranlavin

Originally Posted by Team Punisher
Wish we could make .. but clutch has gone out with only 11,800 mi.
Sorry to hear that. Is it the clutch or possibly just the hydraulic fluid? I had a friend who pushed his G VERY hard on the track and it would NOT go into gear until the fluid cooled down. I haven't looked into it (my wife's car hardly sees enough track time to make it worth my while and it's an auto anyway) but I guess the brake/clutch fluid is shared?

i got the chance to take our car to NJMP only 2nd time on the track and although the clutch went i still got in a full day of driving only 2 1/2 laps in my car (08g37s) which felt great.
Which course did you do? I was down at Lightning over Father's Day weekend. Both courses are a lot of fun.

But i did get a S*** load of time in a 600+hp Roush Mustang.. which also felt great so as soon as car is up and running i hope to do 1 or 2 more TRACK DAYS....
Passenger or driver? I drove a 850+ HP (the guy had his dyno sheet in his trailer for the doubters) Mustang last year and that was a handful. If you want to do NJMP again, the club I run with will be down there for a big end-of-year event on 10/31-11/1. BIG party Saturday night - barbecue and all and (you didn't hear it from me) lots of drinking in the garage later on
Old 07-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Team Punisher

Thunderbolt..Driver...10/31/09 sounds great..how much..08 does not share reservoir...
Old 07-11-2009, 07:20 PM
kieranlavin

Originally Posted by Team Punisher
Thunderbolt..Driver...10/31/09 sounds great..how much..08 does not share reservoir...
They don't have registration up for NJMP yet but I think it was around $250 or $275? It's a great big party that night, you'd wonder how the instructors instruct on Sunday. If people only knew I'll have to look at the G FSM to see what the deal is and what my friend's problem was. But since it's not my car or my worry, it's WAAAAY down at the bottom of my list of things to do

Let me know if you want to do NJMP and we can meet up
Old 07-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Team Punisher

Sounds good!!!:bounce:
Old 07-21-2009, 09:10 PM
kieranlavin

I got to drive a GTR on Sunday on Pocono's Single Infield. I had that thing up to a shade over 160MPH and that was going easy because, quite honestly, the car scared me! I talked to him and I think he's going to come down to NJMP October 31/November 1. He'll probably do one day or the other but I'm not sure just yet.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:23 PM
rkbuckle

OK, OK, enough with the GTR - back to G37S Coupe? An '08? Took it to Auto Club Speedway (Cal Speedway) with NASA for two days on the "roval" ... and I did 7 sessions.

What's with the top speed - it was a hot day but not superhot (about 90) but the car wouldn't go past 125 no matter what lanes I ran our how hard I pushed coming out of the infield complex and onto the track? Is there any limitor or governor in the Cal chips?

Thanks
Old 08-03-2009, 08:27 PM
kieranlavin

Originally Posted by rkbuckle
What's with the top speed - it was a hot day but not superhot (about 90) but the car wouldn't go past 125 no matter what lanes I ran our how hard I pushed coming out of the infield complex and onto the track? Is there any limitor or governor in the Cal chips?

Thanks
No 125ish governor on my wife's 08 auto.

It may be that the heat was pulling gas from you. I don't know the specifics but I know after several laps in 80ish heat my wife's will pull RPMs. It could be pulling spark or gas so maybe it's gas and that was what you were running into. Although 90 doesn't seem hot, that is pretty hot for the car. I've only run 5 or so track events in 90+ heat and noticed significantly higher temps all around (via temp gauges on the track and pyrometer for the brakes and tires when coming off) on my track car than I usually see in 70-75 degree heat.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Mike

Oil starvation? That roval is notorious for killing engines.

How much oil did you lose on your days at the roval?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:02 AM
rkbuckle

The engine really impressed me - our friends BMW 328 (with Dinan package) that went incredibly well, retired twice on the Sunday afternoon when engine temps pushed past 300 ... our engine didn't miss a beat; and after the full weekend, we used less than a pint of oil ...

I am thinking that it may be simply the "aero package" that comes standard with the G37S Auto ... and that we ran into the proverbial brick wall and couldn't push any more air away .... thoughts?

But I am still concerned that our Infiniti "techie" here at Thousand Oaks, CA dealer couldn't say for sure whether Cal chips did have limiters (He's running into items that aren't even documented by Infiniti / Nissan .... and no one has come in before complaining that they can't get past 125 ....)

Again, many thanks and I am open to all feedback here .... Cheers,
Old 08-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Mike

Originally Posted by rkbuckle
The engine really impressed me - our friends BMW 328 (with Dinan package) that went incredibly well, retired twice on the Sunday afternoon when engine temps pushed past 300 ... our engine didn't miss a beat; and after the full weekend, we used less than a pint of oil ...

I am thinking that it may be simply the "aero package" that comes standard with the G37S Auto ... and that we ran into the proverbial brick wall and couldn't push any more air away .... thoughts?

But I am still concerned that our Infiniti "techie" here at Thousand Oaks, CA dealer couldn't say for sure whether Cal chips did have limiters (He's running into items that aren't even documented by Infiniti / Nissan .... and no one has come in before complaining that they can't get past 125 ....)

Again, many thanks and I am open to all feedback here .... Cheers,
None of the G's have a limiter at 125. Keep in mind, when you're on a banked turn, you need a lot more to accelerate than in a straight line. Have you ever opened it up on the freeway in a 'controlled environment' or in Mexico? You should be able to do at least 136.

Also, the "aero" package's front afaik is cosmetic. The rear is functional in that it eliminates lift in the rear and further streamlines the car.

Do you have any mods?

Quick Reply: Track events~!