Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

12.92 Drag Radials only!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 10:43 PM
RPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Seer is full of it. I don't know how it works in Pittsburgh, but all the tracks that I've been to the loser is awarded the yellow copy of the receipt. Furthermore, I don't know how he gained two MPH just with a pair of slicks.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:10 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RPL
I think Seer is full of it. I don't know how it works in Pittsburgh, but all the tracks that I've been to the loser is awarded the yellow copy of the receipt. Furthermore, I don't know how he gained two MPH just with a pair of slicks.
not all tracks give out yellow slips...u dont think cutting down ur 60' will give u a higher trap?
Old 11-16-2008, 04:39 AM
Seer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PearlG37
I guess I never thought about how sensitive the car would be to slight changes in environment.

What kind of times would you expect, given the typical conditions this time of year?

I would still be interested in seeing something close to or <13.5 (stock). Come on, let's go to Atco!
its all cars, DA plays a major role in a vehicles power and performance. Thats why we have SAE correction formulas to make a standard.

a G37 in CA may not be making the same HP as a G37 would be in NJ. Theres a track in California, called Famoso, which posts nearly 4000 DA all year round, to give you an idea, on how this affects most cars, new Corvette Z06's, can't even run past 12.5 there. Atco, which usually posts -200 DA to 700 DA, that same car is running low 11's. Just a drastic comparison.

Originally Posted by w0ady
just put ice in your air box duh.
altitude, barometer etc have a lot to do with it too, not just temp.

Last edited by Seer; 11-16-2008 at 04:45 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:40 AM
Seer

Originally Posted by RPL
umm, all of our slips are white, but appearantly just by how youre speaking, you really don't have a leg to stand on, there are probably more than 20 different timing systems tracks use, all with different ways of creating and reporting slips.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:05 AM
JS71796

Originally Posted by Seer
umm, all of our slips are white, but appearantly just by how youre speaking, you really don't have a leg to stand on, there are probably more than 20 different timing systems tracks use, all with different ways of creating and reporting slips.
Great job Seer!! Ignore all of the haters. Where at in PA? I'm in Ohio and wouldn't mind driving to PA in the spring to watch at the track.

Jake
Old 11-16-2008, 09:59 AM
w0ady

um the ice was a joke.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:42 AM
PearlG37

its all cars, DA plays a major role in a vehicles power and performance. Thats why we have SAE correction formulas to make a standard.

a G37 in CA may not be making the same HP as a G37 would be in NJ. Theres a track in California, called Famoso, which posts nearly 4000 DA all year round, to give you an idea, on how this affects most cars, new Corvette Z06's, can't even run past 12.5 there. Atco, which usually posts -200 DA to 700 DA, that same car is running low 11's. Just a drastic comparison.

I understand why, I was just stating that it's not something I thought about for the same track during different times of the year. I never thought it would have such a drastic difference. Good info.

Based on your experiences, what kind of times would you expect to run at Atco during a typical day this time of year?

Also, I know you've stated previously that you generally start your launch with a rev of 4500rpm (correct?), can you give specifics on how exactly your releasing the clutch properly and accelerating?
Old 11-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Seer

Originally Posted by JS71796
Great job Seer!! Ignore all of the haters. Where at in PA? I'm in Ohio and wouldn't mind driving to PA in the spring to watch at the track.

Jake

The track is located in New Alexandria, PA, it's roughly about an hour East of Pittsburgh
Old 11-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Seer

Originally Posted by PearlG37
I understand why, I was just stating that it's not something I thought about for the same track during different times of the year. I never thought it would have such a drastic difference. Good info.

Based on your experiences, what kind of times would you expect to run at Atco during a typical day this time of year?

Also, I know you've stated previously that you generally start your launch with a rev of 4500rpm (correct?), can you give specifics on how exactly your releasing the clutch properly and accelerating?
This time of year, I would probably see about a 1/10th or so difference from when I ran at PRP in favor of a faster time if you plugged it into a correction calculator.

IF you took my 12.92 run and plugged it into an SAE correction, it would be a 13.2
Old 11-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Seer

Originally Posted by w0ady
um the ice was a joke.
i know, but not everyone else did
Old 11-16-2008, 06:51 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Man good thing you told me thisa was a joke i was hooking an ice maker up to the hood to inject ice aroundt the air intakes.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:22 PM
w0ady

i just filled my upper plenum with crushed ice for more cooling area...
Old 11-17-2008, 11:52 AM
AthenG

Cmon you are comparing huge difference here.. Now how come Homelessdrunk can only muster 102mph on DA around -270FT and yet you muster 108mph on DA about 800FT (Base on the date/weather/track elevation you have provided). If you want to stick with your DA theory then why can't homeless drunk get at least 105mph since you were able to hit 106mph on your street tires with WORST DA than his? Maybe if you are running under -3000FT then I can see you hitting 108mph... Like the other poster said, go to ATCO and I'll be there you can prove us all wrong!! If you can hit 106mph in ATCO then I'll shut up!! Your 60' is another thing.. a car that weight over 3700lbs with only 230lbs of TQ cant give you that, you also said it in your previous post that G37 is all top end and no low end power... I'll let the 60's slide coz maybe you are really an exceptional Dragster and the track is well prept...
Old 11-17-2008, 04:07 PM
gshb

Originally Posted by AthenG
Cmon you are comparing huge difference here.. Now how come Homelessdrunk can only muster 102mph on DA around -270FT and yet you muster 108mph on DA about 800FT (Base on the date/weather/track elevation you have provided). If you want to stick with your DA theory then why can't homeless drunk get at least 105mph since you were able to hit 106mph on your street tires with WORST DA than his? Maybe if you are running under -3000FT then I can see you hitting 108mph... Like the other poster said, go to ATCO and I'll be there you can prove us all wrong!! If you can hit 106mph in ATCO then I'll shut up!! Your 60' is another thing.. a car that weight over 3700lbs with only 230lbs of TQ cant give you that, you also said it in your previous post that G37 is all top end and no low end power... I'll let the 60's slide coz maybe you are really an exceptional Dragster and the track is well prept...
http://www.2-stroke-porting.com/altiden.htm

is it that different? from 14.85 to 14.3 psia.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Seer

Originally Posted by AthenG

instead of dumping money into high dollar turbo kits you should've taken some physics classes, and fundamentals of drag racing.

1.) my DA that day was +45FT, not 800.
2.) Explain how FWD hondas can hole shot to 1.6 60' with drag radials or slicks on a well prepped track with 140lbs of tq. Don't use power to weight theory because it goes in favor of the G37.
3.) sounds like homelessdrunk needs to learn how to shift, and when to shift, I dont lift my gas pedal when shifting, this has always proven to get more mph and ET out of any run.
4.) Timeslip has been provided, the end. If you question it, thats your problem not mine. Go take your turbo car out and beat my stock/dr time. Until then keep practicing.

Quick Reply: 12.92 Drag Radials only!