Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

Any Track Days in the Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Frank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Track Days in the Northeast

I'd like to take my G37 for a couple of track days and wanted to know if I could get some guidance? Are they usually set up by the SCCA? I'm located in NY so I think NJMP and pocono are the closest tracks. I've done autocross before and I take my bike to the track all the time but I'm not familiar wtih any auto racing organizations aside from SCCA?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:28 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
a few of us from OTSZ do SCCA road courses and auto-x. you can sign up locally officialtsz.com
Old 10-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Frank

Thanks for the link. I'd love to do a track day this spring/summer. AutoX is fun but just not the same.
What tracks do you usually go to?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Feffman
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We (www.MVPTrackTime.com) will be at Summit Point, Virginia International Raceway and Watkins Glen in 2009. You are welcome to run with us.

Mark Pfeffer
Old 12-01-2008, 08:46 PM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by Frank
I'd like to take my G37 for a couple of track days and wanted to know if I could get some guidance? Are they usually set up by the SCCA? I'm located in NY so I think NJMP and pocono are the closest tracks. I've done autocross before and I take my bike to the track all the time but I'm not familiar wtih any auto racing organizations aside from SCCA?
would you be interested in drag also or just auto x ?
im in long island as well, soon as tracks open up again in spring time im sure most of the guys from g35nyc.com will setup a track day and ill be down.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:43 PM
kieranlavin

Check out www.pdadrivingschool.com

I instruct with them and live 25 minutes from Pocono. We had a few G37s at various tracks this year (Pocono, Watkins Glen, and NJMP). While you might *THINK* NJMP is close to Long Island, take a look... it's way the heck down there in South Jersey! Probably a 3-4 hour drive for you. Keep an eye on the website above for their schedule and register for an event at Pocono in the spring. I can instruct you too if you like - I have a little experience with the G37 as my wife owns one

EDIT: WOW! They have the 2009 schedule up already. You can't register just yet but at least you can plan dates. I'll likely be at all of the Pocono events

Last edited by kieranlavin; 12-03-2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: checked website
Old 12-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Frank

Originally Posted by kieranlavin
Check out www.pdadrivingschool.com

I instruct with them and live 25 minutes from Pocono. We had a few G37s at various tracks this year (Pocono, Watkins Glen, and NJMP). While you might *THINK* NJMP is close to Long Island, take a look... it's way the heck down there in South Jersey! Probably a 3-4 hour drive for you. Keep an eye on the website above for their schedule and register for an event at Pocono in the spring. I can instruct you too if you like - I have a little experience with the G37 as my wife owns one

EDIT: WOW! They have the 2009 schedule up already. You can't register just yet but at least you can plan dates. I'll likely be at all of the Pocono events

Thanks for the info. I think I'll sign up in the spring. How quickly does it fill up?
I know NJMP isnt that close but it's nice and new, and one of the "closer" tracks that I know of. I do alot of motorcycle track days with NESBA and TPR and have done Pocono east, Summit Jefferson, and NJMP Lightning. Have to say that Pocono isnt my favorite. At least on a bike.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:53 PM
kieranlavin

Thanks for the info. I think I'll sign up in the spring. How quickly does it fill up?
I know NJMP isnt that close but it's nice and new, and one of the "closer" tracks that I know of. I do alot of motorcycle track days with NESBA and TPR and have done Pocono east, Summit Jefferson, and NJMP Lightning. Have to say that Pocono isnt my favorite. At least on a bike.
It really depends on the event/date. Like Pocono East for 5/2 will fill up more quickly because I think they limit the number of cars on track (that's usually the track you bike guys are on) Pocono Grand Slam (7/17-19) will fill up quickly just because it's popular. You usually have a pretty good window of time to sign up though. They will allow you to register for the first few events by February/March probably and I'd say they'd fill up around 3-4 weeks before the event date possibly even later. It's definitely not filled up instantly - you'll have time once registration goes up.

Pocono isn't really my favorite track either although I'm so close to it I almost HAVE to like it I'd always rather be at the Glen or NJMP as boring and long as that drive is
Old 12-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Frank

Originally Posted by kieranlavin
It really depends on the event/date. Like Pocono East for 5/2 will fill up more quickly because I think they limit the number of cars on track (that's usually the track you bike guys are on) Pocono Grand Slam (7/17-19) will fill up quickly just because it's popular. You usually have a pretty good window of time to sign up though. They will allow you to register for the first few events by February/March probably and I'd say they'd fill up around 3-4 weeks before the event date possibly even later. It's definitely not filled up instantly - you'll have time once registration goes up.

Pocono isn't really my favorite track either although I'm so close to it I almost HAVE to like it I'd always rather be at the Glen or NJMP as boring and long as that drive is
Cool, Thanks again! I'll look into signing up for some events late this winter.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:18 PM
kieranlavin

Cool, Thanks again! I'll look into signing up for some events late this winter.
Definitely! Keep me posted. It's always fun to see familiar faces and nice cars at the track
Old 12-09-2008, 07:13 PM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Feffman
We (www.MVPTrackTime.com) will be at Summit Point, Virginia International Raceway and Watkins Glen in 2009. You are welcome to run with us.

Mark Pfeffer

Geez Mark, you really get around. Nice seeing a familiar face on this forum.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:50 AM
Feffman
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mikelr
Geez Mark, you really get around. Nice seeing a familiar face on this forum.
Thnk God my wife doesn't know!! Hope to see you at the track in 2009.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com