Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

G37s 1/4 mile times stock and modded ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:14 PM
kg37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
I totally agree. I am a firm believer in upgrading the whole car. It irritates me to see these Evo, Civic, Mustang, etc cars at the shop I go to that can put down 300 to 600HP but they are running on stock brakes and stock suspension. Who cares if you have 1000+ HP if you cannot stop in a short distance or able to turn a corner without having to slow down to grandma speeds? The car needs to be balanced, IMHO!!!

LOL, this reminds me when I went and got an exhaust piece put on my car and a STI and EVO where there to get dynoed. The STI was alright and the EVO was junk. They were part of the same group. Well my car just got done being dynoed and one of the guys comes up to me and ask how much I am putting down. I tell him 285HP the last time I dynoed. He goes "that's it!" I gave him a hmm look like dude it is NA V6. That is pretty good. His friend pulls up his boosted STI which is mostly stock and he dynos at 260HP. The guy then pulled up his Evo (I was a Mitsubishi and I think it was an Evo). The dyno tech is looking at the front wheel as he pulls it on the dyno. He gets out and checks it and the guy goes over there. They guy tells the dyno tech that the wheel fell of due to the bolts on the rim not being tight enough when he bought it so now the front wheel looks a little wobbly. Well they do the first dyno and I think he put down 205HP. He was a little disappointed. He turned his boost all the way up and the best he got, I think, was 240HP. I smiled on the inside. He had very small stock breaks and the suspension needed major work but he is interested in getting the most power out of the engine. He wants to put down 300-400HP but have it on that suspension and those brakes....makes no sense to me. I hope the shop points him in the right direction and gets him to upgrade the brakes/suspension if he starts to do this power upgrade.
That's why alot of the fools that own these EVO, STI's, and civic's with no brake or suspension work done crash their cars (on or off the track). they have no idea how to properly modify a car. Before I supercharged (with some juice also) my 99 max, I had all my brake and suspension work already done. Oh well, to each his own.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:35 AM
FLGspot

within the next week ill have a time slip posted from a g37TT whether it be good or bad lol. I think i had the best time on the forum so far with a 13.5 from my 5at with intake ,exhaust and HFC.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:39 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
your car is TTd now?
Old 09-11-2008, 05:37 AM
FLGspot

yes!
Old 09-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Hawaiian72099

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
14.3 bone stock on mine. did not rev it up just punched it. Will go to the track again tomorrow with JWTs and launch at maybe 3k. Not sure if I will launch or not heard it doesn't make a difference. The only thing is they don't give out time slips on Fridays. Went on Sat last time and got 10 because there was an event going on the same time. So if there is no one filming us you guys will have to take my word for it. Bunch of us are going down so some will stay and listen for the times.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

I totally agree. I am a firm believer in upgrading the whole car. It irritates me to see these Evo, Civic, Mustang, etc cars at the shop I go to that can put down 300 to 600HP but they are running on stock brakes and stock suspension. Who cares if you have 1000+ HP if you cannot stop in a short distance or able to turn a corner without having to slow down to grandma speeds? The car needs to be balanced, IMHO!!!

LOL, this reminds me when I went and got an exhaust piece put on my car and a STI and EVO where there to get dynoed. The STI was alright and the EVO was junk. They were part of the same group. Well my car just got done being dynoed and one of the guys comes up to me and ask how much I am putting down. I tell him 285HP the last time I dynoed. He goes "that's it!" I gave him a hmm look like dude it is NA V6. That is pretty good. His friend pulls up his boosted STI which is mostly stock and he dynos at 260HP. The guy then pulled up his Evo (I was a Mitsubishi and I think it was an Evo). The dyno tech is looking at the front wheel as he pulls it on the dyno. He gets out and checks it and the guy goes over there. They guy tells the dyno tech that the wheel fell of due to the bolts on the rim not being tight enough when he bought it so now the front wheel looks a little wobbly. Well they do the first dyno and I think he put down 205HP. He was a little disappointed. He turned his boost all the way up and the best he got, I think, was 240HP. I smiled on the inside. He had very small stock breaks and the suspension needed major work but he is interested in getting the most power out of the engine. He wants to put down 300-400HP but have it on that suspension and those brakes....makes no sense to me. I hope the shop points him in the right direction and gets him to upgrade the brakes/suspension if he starts to do this power upgrade.
From the details that you described I dont believe it was an Evo. Evo's usually dyno around 230-240 bone stock. They also have 4 piston fr/2 piston rr Brembo's from the factory, which are not small. 300 on the stock suspension on an Evo is actually very well balanced.

Im not trying to bust your chops or anything, Im just pointing out that the car you described doesnt sound like an Evo. You make alot of really good points, most of which I agree with. Im personally all about road course racing and am not a big fan of drag. I just thought I would point out what sounds like an inaccurate discription on an Evo.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:47 PM
JonnyOzero3

Originally Posted by FLGspot
within the next week ill have a time slip posted from a g37TT whether it be good or bad lol. I think i had the best time on the forum so far with a 13.5 from my 5at with intake ,exhaust and HFC.
13.5 with just those mods sounds pretty good to me! Well done
Old 09-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

I cant wait to see what the time will be for the TT setup. Im hoping for some good times!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:36 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RyanAtForged
From the details that you described I dont believe it was an Evo. Evo's usually dyno around 230-240 bone stock. They also have 4 piston fr/2 piston rr Brembo's from the factory, which are not small. 300 on the stock suspension on an Evo is actually very well balanced.

Im not trying to bust your chops or anything, Im just pointing out that the car you described doesnt sound like an Evo. You make alot of really good points, most of which I agree with. Im personally all about road course racing and am not a big fan of drag. I just thought I would point out what sounds like an inaccurate discription on an Evo.
Ryan, you are right! I screwed up. The first one was an Evo and it had the Brembos on it. For some reason I was thinking it was a STI. The second one was an older Mitsubishi. I thought it was an Evo but I am not sure. I know it was a Mitsubishi and it was a turbo and it had the turbo decals on the side. Not sure about the model though.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:22 PM
BroDaJin

Ryan, you are right! I screwed up. The first one was an Evo and it had the Brembos on it. For some reason I was thinking it was a STI. The second one was an older Mitsubishi. I thought it was an Evo but I am not sure. I know it was a Mitsubishi and it was a turbo and it had the turbo decals on the side. Not sure about the model though.

Maybe you seen an Old Eclipse which they had awd & turbo
Old 09-12-2008, 02:33 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kg37
That's why alot of the fools that own these EVO, STI's, and civic's with no brake or suspension work done crash their cars (on or off the track). they have no idea how to properly modify a car. Before I supercharged (with some juice also) my 99 max, I had all my brake and suspension work already done. Oh well, to each his own.
I agree... Can you imagine how bad you have to feel to know that you put all that work into an evo or STI and then bam have it trashed by hitting a wall or something...

I would honestly be sick to my stomach for months... it kinda makes me sick just thinkin "what if" yikes....
Old 09-12-2008, 02:33 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
yes!
post pics... post somethign... dont be shy... we dont bite
Old 09-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BroDaJin
That was exactly what I was thinking. The 2003 Evolution VIII was the first model released for sale in the US. Anything older than that I would have guessed would be a Eclipse GSX(awd turbo) Its a very similar concept to the Evo. Ive seen many trashed eclipses such as what was described in this situation. Just my 2cents. Sorry to threadjack
Old 09-12-2008, 06:06 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BroDaJin
Originally Posted by RyanAtForged
That was exactly what I was thinking. The 2003 Evolution VIII was the first model released for sale in the US. Anything older than that I would have guessed would be a Eclipse GSX(awd turbo) Its a very similar concept to the Evo. Ive seen many trashed eclipses such as what was described in this situation. Just my 2cents. Sorry to threadjack
I think both of you are right. It had that Eclipse kinda look but it wasn't as round if that makes sense. It looked old but that might have been because it was beat up.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:07 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
yes!
dynos?

Quick Reply: G37s 1/4 mile times stock and modded ?