Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

G37 1/4 Stock time's

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:32 AM
override00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
Solo said his front seats weighed a lot when he replaced them. Something about them almost breaking his back. There is a lot of weight in the doors to help reinforce the car and make is safer for side crashes. There is lot of weight reduction you can do on this car but you will have to sacrifice comfort and safety to make a lot of the big jumps in reducing weight. (sorry about the spelling, no spell check on this computer)
funny enough, i'm ok with sacrificing safety, not so much with sacrificing comfort, time to take my doors apart, maybe back seats, spare tire, change rims, exhaust... weight it all and it will hopefully be 100+lbs
Old 02-13-2008, 09:13 PM
SantiagoDraco

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nismo86
Anyone else got some stock timeslips or places where the 1/4 is listed? I test drove my first G37 today and it's not slow.
I'm going to the track Friday, will see how it goes. I'm pretty novice at running, so we'll see
Old 02-13-2008, 09:15 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
YESS please post ^^ dnt be that nervous, ahh another 5at just try reving up to about 1500 rpms while holding the break then dump the break might help out the launchh

please let us kno hopefully keep it around 13.7
Old 02-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Titanium

You guys should just be happy with high 13's.
G37 wasn't made to be a fast car anyway. More like a cruiser.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:06 AM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by Titanium
You guys should just be happy with high 13's.
G37 wasn't made to be a fast car anyway. More like a cruiser.
i would be happy with low to mid 13's, not high 13's.. this car is sexy tho.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:55 PM
SantiagoDraco

Went to the track last Friday...

One run, in partial rain lol. Not to mention I was the ONLY run of the night. I just happened to slip in.

14.85 time with a 0-60 feet of over 2 seconds... Probably lost a second in time due to that alone.

Launch time .51. This was my first ever quarter mile run in any car ;D

98 miles an hour.

Needless to say I spun the tires like made at take off due to the rain (hence the slow 0-60 feet). So the time is NOT indicative of what the car can do.

The 98 mph isn't that bad considering the conditions though.

Will be heading back schedule and weather permitting. There's a rain check waiting for me there
Old 02-21-2008, 08:43 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What kinda track lets you run in rain... thats scary... the track must not be real... because rain is a no no for tracks. Be very carful tracking a car in the rain....
Old 02-22-2008, 02:02 AM
Carlitos_SS

Originally Posted by 3des
I still can't believe this car weighs more than my 4th-gen Firebird did, which ran low 13's stock with less HP...
The F-bodies were way under-rated. Also gotta remember they have lots more torque, I think like 350 ft-lbs stock. I haven't had the heart to dump the clutch on the G yet, but based on my seat-of-the-pants-o-meter, I'm guessing we should be able to hit 13.6 with ideal conditions.

'Los
Old 02-22-2008, 11:26 AM
COUPE-DADDY

I think with light mods this is an easy low 13 car. Drag radials, gears, and a good driver I think would be enough. Most of the 60' times I've seen are in the 2.0 range. With DR's you should see 1.7ish. With the rule of thumb that every .1 you save in your 60' is worth double at the end of the track thats and easy .5-.6 right there.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:42 AM
3des

True Carlito, I miss that torque!

I dunno, from what I've read I doubt the stock vLSD would stand up to DRs.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:35 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by override00
funny enough, i'm ok with sacrificing safety, not so much with sacrificing comfort, time to take my doors apart, maybe back seats, spare tire, change rims, exhaust... weight it all and it will hopefully be 100+lbs
Why take out the back seats on an Infiniti G? I thought part of the reason we got the piggy car is cause we like the bigger a$s and occasional use of a backseat? Then again if there was a professional way to take out the back seats and carpet it like its extra trunk space that may look kinda cool actually lol! Keep a beer coooler back there, jk!

I mean if you're gonna take of the back seat why not just have saved 4-8 grand on a 350Z that handles like a small, lighter more nimble G with no back seat? I mean yeah there's some luxury up front and a more luxurious look overall with the G - but it seems liek stripping the back seats out is defacing the car....I say mod it - and if you're all about lightweighting it maybe to carbon fiber hood/trunk painted to match body and take the spare out. Roll with a 1/2 tank of gas at all times...I dunno

When people take out the back seat is it without damaging it and can you choose to put it back in at your leisure? it it a complex process or no?
Old 02-22-2008, 12:44 PM
vinnys coupe

i cant waiit til summer. Everyone is doubting the 37. In the summer i say about half or 3/4 of the people here are ganna track there cars. And well c what they run.. Were going to b mid low 13s. Everyone i give a rid in my car they swear the ****s gone. INCLUDING 07 sedans owners, they swear it would rap themm so well c.. until more people start tracking these threads shouldent exist
Old 02-22-2008, 01:21 PM
DetroitG37Joe

thats whatsup vinny tell em how it is....no one with a G has had a whole summer with their car. especially us 6mt owners since theres a learning curve to really get used to the gearbox...this summer will tell us a lot about what we can do with our Gs
Old 02-22-2008, 07:42 PM
vinnys coupe

yeahh once i gett the breakin period over with, im going to get my buddy help me with the launch get it down and hit up a track c wha i can do.. But i kno there are some people one this forum that will hit low 13s..
Old 02-22-2008, 10:19 PM
SantiagoDraco

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
What kinda track lets you run in rain... thats scary... the track must not be real... because rain is a no no for tracks. Be very carful tracking a car in the rain....
It wasn't raining when I ran

Most decent tracks have track driers. The night I ran it had stopped raining long enough for them to dry the track (but the drive up area to staging was still a bit wet, hence the slow 60ft times).

Immediately after I finished my run it started raining again, I pulled up to stage and they announced the track was closing.

Quick Reply: G37 1/4 Stock time's