Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

Video and Time Slips of my G37 at the 1/4 mile track - broke 14.0!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, now to answer other questions:

ABQG35c - Ppl were loving the car, esp the color and interior! As I approached the start line, I kept gettin ppl askin me to roll down my dark tinted windows cuz they wanted to see inside. The car felt very STABLE and solid goin down the track. I def felt connected and in controll. Was amaazing. My RT was WAAY off, lol, as i explained in my above post. But as you can see, by my last run i had it down to .2ish

wcirksena - ur right, its Cap Raceway in crofton, heh. I want to go to Buds Creek once i get serious and have mods and have made the car a bit lighter. I hear its better also, also its below sea level.

]\[ /-\ ]\/[ - For the launch: Left foot on brake, right foot revving engine to 2000-2400 RPM (will experiment with a bit lower RPM for less tire spin), then AS SOON as the third yellow light came on, i pushed the accelerator down ALL the way a split second bfr releasing the brake. VDC OFF

moridin5 & vinnys coupe - I used DS mode, because, imo, it wd be the same if not better than using the paddles myself. It was shifting extremely close to redline. I was curious, and tried regular D mode (as shown in my third time slip) and got a worse time, but i think more experimentation is going to be required. Perhaps i'll hafta get a passenger to record the tach for me as i run.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
Very professional!! Glad to see you are continuing to enjoy this ride and having fun with it!

Thanks for posting, this is awesome.
LOL, thank YOU, np. Glad you like it

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2228527" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Dxb2</TD><TD class=alt2>U did really well .. i hope you reach 13.7 .. i really want to see a race between an is350 and a G37</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2228517" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Flyingcesar</TD><TD class=alt2>Nice slips… I hope I’ll be able to break in to the 13s.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Thanks, good luck! I was hoping for an IS350 to show. After i mod it a bit, im gonna try to convince a co-worker of mine to bring his IS350 down.

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2228446" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>gurneyeagle</TD><TD class=alt2>Great video! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

The more I see an Athens Blue G, the more I like the color. You have a gorgeous car.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2228473" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>N50</TD><TD class=alt2>Wow, you nailed it on the last run. Good job! Oh and the Athens Blue is just dead sexy. Thanks for the Vid!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
No Prob at all! I hope to take better quality video next time. Will be bringing an actual DVR camera, and making sure my friend shows up on time to record while there is still some sunlight out. My car needed a wash badly, i was waiting till after i tracked it to wash! hehe, one guy actually told me to make sure it was "glossed up" the next time i came.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:07 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Thanks for posting this.. and not bad at all for your frist time.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:42 PM
ElixXxeR

Athens Blue is so hot. Nice times by the way, good to see an auto under 14.0 already.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:51 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
First off... thank you for the postive feedback!! You guys are awesome.

As for that Civic, i am just bitter about it because i prob couda had him, had it not been my very first time at the track. Yes, i was nervous on my first 2 runs or so. The lights go down sooner than you expect and i did not know how to line up evenly.
My friend was supposed to be there to guide me, but he was late. So i did not start to move till after the light turned green, and till the civic began to move.

I jumped in front of the civic, and we kept going back and forth between shifts, then his VTACH and Turboooz kicked in and he pulled away from me at the end.
not to bust ur bubble but looks like the civic trapped at 113 mph..that's good for 12s
Old 10-01-2007, 09:14 PM
hum3a

wow high 13s for the 5AT... definitely looking forward to seeing a 6spd on the track now lol.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[
not to bust ur bubble but looks like the civic trapped at 113 mph..that's good for 12s
Yea, if he could actually use that power in the begining close to the line... or if he had better traction.

I do remember my car kept shifting at about redline into 4th JUST bfr reaching the goal.
I was like noooooooo, need 500 more RPM redline. =p

Technosquare ECU reflash? hmmmmm
Old 10-02-2007, 11:26 AM
leeI35G35

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Ahujadaddy -

When are you going back to Cap. I might bring mine up there, we can roll in a two G37S crew lol.

I may not run yet, I am at 1200 miles now (I do have the Fujita intakes installed).

How many miles are on your car now?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by leeI35G35
Hey Ahujadaddy -

When are you going back to Cap. I might bring mine up there, we can roll in a two G37S crew lol.

I may not run yet, I am at 1200 miles now (I do have the Fujita intakes installed).

How many miles are on your car now?
Ahh, you got the Fujitas! Niiiice, whaddya think?

The next time i will be goin will be after the Fujitas get installed on mine... they are on order so perhaps Oct 12th or 19th.

I have about 3300 miles. Sounds good tho man. Be nice to see 6MT vs 5AT, see how bad i lose by =p

Sounds like you have very similar setup to me.... i also have a 8500 x50 hardwired, soon to be Bel STi tho, cuz VA got Spectre's in
Old 10-02-2007, 11:43 AM
leeI35G35

I just updated my Signature. I have an Obsidian Black/Graphite 6MT. I just recently added 35% tints and the Intakes. I need to go back to my tint shop because the 35% tints aren't doing it for me. I need to go down to 20%.

The intakes are bad ***! Especially since it's been cool at night time/morning. I can't feel a big difference but my cousin who always rides with me says it's a big difference. Taking trips back and forth to Lowes and the grocery store are truely amazing. When I go into work in DC, going in between buildings you can really hear them. Sounds mean. I had a Civic with fart can beside me reving his engine to let me hear he had an intake. I revved mine and he's like "You already modded your car?" lol. Good times...Good times...

I am in Upper Marlboro, borderline Bowie/Church Rd area. We should meet up sometime.

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
Ahh, you got the Fujitas! Niiiice, whaddya think?

The next time i will be goin will be after the Fujitas get installed on mine... they are on order so perhaps Oct 12th or 19th.

I have about 3300 miles. Sounds good tho man. Be nice to see 6MT vs 5AT, see how bad i lose by =p

Sounds like you have very similar setup to me.... i also have a 8500 x50 hardwired, soon to be Bel STi tho, cuz VA got Spectre's in
Old 10-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by leeI35G35
I just updated my Signature. I have an Obsidian Black/Graphite 6MT. I just recently added 35% tints and the Intakes. I need to go back to my tint shop because the 35% tints aren't doing it for me. I need to go down to 20%.

The intakes are bad ***! Especially since it's been cool at night time/morning. I can't feel a big difference but my cousin who always rides with me says it's a big difference. Taking trips back and forth to Lowes and the grocery store are truely amazing. When I go into work in DC, going in between buildings you can really hear them. Sounds mean. I had a Civic with fart can beside me reving his engine to let me hear he had an intake. I revved mine and he's like "You already modded your car?" lol. Good times...Good times...

I am in Upper Marlboro, borderline Bowie/Church Rd area. We should meet up sometime.
dude, that is sw33t! I have been on the lookout for another g37 on the road in my area... was surprised i havent seen another one yet anywhere.
I'm off Mitchelville myself, and 301. Take central ave to the beltway every morning.

I'll letcha know about when i go to the track next, prolly will be meeting other g35 ppl there next time, will be nice to have some G37 represenation out there with me.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Ahujadaddy

oh yea ^^ funny story bout that civic revvin at ya. cant wait for Fujitas!
Old 10-02-2007, 01:21 PM
leeI35G35

I wonder why we haven't crossed paths yet. I could have sworn I saw another g37 the other day coming down Campus Way. It was at night though. I drive down 202 to 214 (central ave) every morning to, but I take 214 all the way to East Capitol. I see plenty of G35s but I haven't personally pulled beside another G37.

Funny thing, the dealerships have low stock around here and say they are selling fast. I still don't see any.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Turbomatic240sx

Since you are new at drag racing the automatic G I am sure you'll improve. I just have a few quick questions though:

1. Did you brake torque or just mashed the gas at the light? Your 60's were not as consistent as I expected from an auto.

2. Any wheel spin at all? If there were that could affect the 60'

3. On the fastest run I noticed the 1/8 mile mph was about 1 higher than all the rest of the runs but the 60' is not one of the better ones. Did you shift manually to get that run or left it to the auto? Its curious because you would normally do better 1/4 with better 60' all other things being equal.

I like seeing the slips it tells more about the car than simply people claiming its fast.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Ahujadaddy

^^I noticed these "anomalies" in my time slips as well, and was wondering why/how.

1. I did brake torque, from 1800-2400 RPM.
Being that it was my first time, i experimented and played around with different launches. My first time, VDC was on by mistake... i launched from about 2K.

2. I had the most amount of wheel spin on my last run... and some wheel hop as well, where i felt the entire chasis shudder on my launch. I launched at around 2500 RPM. On my worst run (3rd slip), there was absolutley no wheel spin that i could detect. I plan on combining techniques used where i got my best times, while reducing wheel spin at the start and see what i can do.

3. I used DS mode in all runs, except one where i noted "Regular D mode" on the time slip. So, still automatic shifting... just a more agressive ECU in DS mode... (if that's a correct way to put it?)

I would love any more tips and suggestions, as i wanna get better.
Deflating tires to 26 PSI in rear and 32 psi in front. I dont do a burnout in the pit, as it seemed to give me a worse time with these stock tires.

Quick Reply: Video and Time Slips of my G37 at the 1/4 mile track - broke 14.0!!!