MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Any more best my tune!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Jagnala

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any more mod before my tune!

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I want to thank you guys for all the DIY, reviews, post...They have helped me immensely in modding my 08 G37S 5AT. It feels like a band new car and I’m loving it all over again.

Enough of the mushy stuff. I'm just about done with setting up all my performance mods and want to get everyone opinion on any other mod i should consider prior to getting an UpRev tune.

My current list stands as:
Stillen Gen 3 CAI
FI HFC
Ark grip exhaust
Motordyne Intake Manifold
UR Crank and Accessory Pulley
Custom 4AWG Gounding Kit
Hotchkis Sway Bars

I've considered getting a set of Stillen Header as well but haven't really heard any good reviews on them. If someone has please let me know. Ohh and Iwanted to stay N/A no FI on this car.

My future mod list is (don't need prior to tune):
TransGo Performance Shift Kits
STILLEN Transmission Cooler Kit
GTMTorque Converter
Transmission Fuild expansion
KW Variant 3 Coilover
Body kit (At least the front bumper change)
...(Sky’s the limit)

Thanks you all for your feedback.

Last edited by Jagnala; 07-17-2013 at 03:27 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:19 PM
JosiahCombs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Z1 has headers but my understanding is they are long tube headers which would not work with your FI HFC (correct me if im wrong). If youre ok with alot of noise that could be the final performance mod I could see you doing. The car already has short tube headers which is why the Stillen short tube headers dont make much gains, but your HFC would be compatible with them. But the price/hp gain is pretty bad.

KW v3 is arguably the best coil overs

Honestly dont know much about the transmission mods

Rest is all personal opinion - I would recommend autokitsx.com for your body kit, get some light weight rims, paint the grill/head light housings/Calipers, custom lighting (Hid fog kit, switch parking light, 6k-8k headlights, LED interior lighting), and thats pretty much it man.

If I were you and had this much disposable income to use on my baby I would absolutely go the twin turbo route.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Jagnala

Thanks for your post. Yeah i have heard the sound from long tube header and i really wasn't a fan. They completely bypass the CAT. Plus there really isnt much more of a gain over what i have now especially giving the price.

I really though hard about getting a TT but i have spent less the 2.5k on performance (HP Gain) mods. Plus i got to do everything myself, which i really enjoy. Going TT would ultimately cost more and i would have to have a a shop do everything.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:57 PM
shivers

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by JosiahCombs
Z1 has headers but my understanding is they are long tube headers which would not work with your FI HFC (correct me if im wrong). If youre ok with alot of noise that could be the final performance mod I could see you doing. The car already has short tube headers which is why the Stillen short tube headers dont make much gains, but your HFC would be compatible with them. But the price/hp gain is pretty bad.
Z1 headers are shorties that will work with stock cats, HFCs, or test pipes. They are the best design out right now and actually make good power, even more so with a tune.
The following users liked this post:
Jagnala (07-18-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 11:24 PM
Jagnala

Sorry i was thinking about FIs long tube header.

Ohh cool good tip. I might really concider these in the future the Z1's are short enough but they dont quite work with standard setup yet. I read through a couple posts and it says it will be about 6 months before they offer the correct flange style for your cars. You can install them but you need to get G35/350 test pipes or cats.

See post below for one example i read:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...s-are-out.html

Any other HP upper i should concider?