MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

What should I realistically be prepared to spend when pricing out a body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Sarcastik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What should I realistically be prepared to spend when pricing out a body kit?

I haven't even purchased my car yet (coming very soon) but I'm trying to factor some of the mod expenses before the car is actually purchased. I wanted to know if its easier to put a body kit on an "S" model than it is a base model because

I've seen a lot of cars have an extension to attachs to the lip of the S model and my second question is I've seen different kits priced from 600-1000 bucks but then I also heard that those things can cost just as much to paint as the kit cost itself. I'm also looking for an IP G and I heard you can't skimp on the paint because its hard to match. So when you include the price of the kit + painting + installation any body able to give me a ballpark on how much I should be prepared to spend? Also does it matter if I get the S model or the base it terms of how easy it is to install the kit....THANKS!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarcastik
I haven't even purchased my car yet (coming very soon) but I'm trying to factor some of the mod expenses before the car is actually purchased. I wanted to know if its easier to put a body kit on an "S" model than it is a base model because

I've seen a lot of cars have an extension to attachs to the lip of the S model and my second question is I've seen different kits priced from 600-1000 bucks but then I also heard that those things can cost just as much to paint as the kit cost itself. I'm also looking for an IP G and I heard you can't skimp on the paint because its hard to match. So when you include the price of the kit + painting + installation any body able to give me a ballpark on how much I should be prepared to spend? Also does it matter if I get the S model or the base it terms of how easy it is to install the kit....THANKS!
It really depends on which kit you decide to purchase that may cost a lot. Say if you buy a replica it will cost you a lot less for the part but will cost you more at the bodyshop to make it fit. In other words if you buy the authentic part it usually fits 98% of the time and the bodyshop just needs to paint and install it. I won't go into details of how much it will cost but since you're in Oakland I can surely help you out on installation and paintings that can save you quite a bit of cash. The bodyshop I go to can match IP 95%.

Good Luck with the car search
Old 09-02-2012, 10:08 PM
MYG376MT
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What body shop is this? In case, i need some parts repainted.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Sarcastik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
It really depends on which kit you decide to purchase that may cost a lot. Say if you buy a replica it will cost you a lot less for the part but will cost you more at the bodyshop to make it fit. In other words if you buy the authentic part it usually fits 98% of the time and the bodyshop just needs to paint and install it. I won't go into details of how much it will cost but since you're in Oakland I can surely help you out on installation and paintings that can save you quite a bit of cash. The bodyshop I go to can match IP 95%.

Good Luck with the car search
Thanks for the offer I most definitly take you up on it. As far as body kit goes I won't want anything over the top or fast in the furious looking. I just want something that look natural and individualizes the car from all the other G's on the road. I would prefer something they can easily mount on, paint, and call it day. I also would like the name of the bodyshop you go to if you don't mind telling and also a ballpark figure of what they charge for this kind of work. Thanks again for your response...