MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

TWM Short Shifter Group Buy!!! 15% Discount!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 07:54 AM
blegthbloo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScienTiFiC
Yessir...
Scheduled Delivery: 01-September-2011
this is probaly the only time I'll be the closest and first to get the GB part..!

Thanks JJsBusaRox for setting up the GB
Let's race. Just checked my tracking again and it says delivery by the end of the day

edit: just looked closer and it says it's already out for delivery... prolly will come with the 8am shipment... which means I should stop talking and go upstairs and see if it's here yet lol
Old 09-01-2011, 08:49 AM
ScienTiFiC

Originally Posted by blegthbloo
Let's race. Just checked my tracking again and it says delivery by the end of the day

edit: just looked closer and it says it's already out for delivery... prolly will come with the 8am shipment... which means I should stop talking and go upstairs and see if it's here yet lol
The Race is on... Not home but someone should be there to grab it I told them to txt me time of arrival...

ON, Canada 09/01/2011 8:14 Out for Delivery
Old 09-01-2011, 09:40 AM
JJsBusaRox

Yup, mine went from Friday to by end to today. Gotta give props to TWM!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:41 AM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I win

i looked at the ups tracking and mine has been received by my building security.

thanks for everyone
Old 09-01-2011, 12:12 PM
ScienTiFiC

Originally Posted by TeeItHi
i looked at the ups tracking and mine has been received by my building security.

thanks for everyone
Just got the TXT arrived at 12:02 PM
Old 09-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
You don't win unless it's in your sweaty little hands. And mine is!

I'll have it in the car some time today.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:46 PM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

Darn

Originally Posted by Black Betty
You don't win unless it's in your sweaty little hands. And mine is!

I'll have it in the car some time today.
Yeah I wanna install it asap but few things are stopping me
- its a bit overcast and don't wanna run out of day light after work
- i'm waiting for fast intention res testpipe, pulley to arrive so I can just jack up the car once. but we'll see, if I come home and its in my hands maybe i'll install it anyways. hahaha
Old 09-01-2011, 01:35 PM
blegthbloo

Aw, I still haven't gotten mine. Dunno what's taking so long. It's been like 10 minutes away for HOURSSS now... so nerve-racking
Old 09-01-2011, 06:29 PM
JJsBusaRox

Nice guys! I won't be able to install mine until Saturday bcuz I'm away on business. Post up your impressions when you get them installed! Dang I can't wait!!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Well I got mine installed. The installation wasn't too bad; pretty straightforward and the directions were pretty good. I only got to take a short test drive. The shifts feel very direct. It's a bit "klunkier" than OEM, each shift makes a bit more of a clicking noise. I have to take it back apart because something is making a very loud, very annoying high speed vibration that starts near 4K RPM in each gear and gets louder all the way to red line. I can't imagine that anything is left loose. LUbed the hell out of everything. Maybe I will take the console back out (I hate that) and remove the leather boot and see if I can pinpoint the noise with the inner rubber boots removed.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:12 PM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

Just installed mine

First off just a warning if you've never remove the stock shift **** of these cars, they're a b tch to remove. I couldn't remove it while its in the car, so I couldn't even get pass the first step of the instruction. I tried for about 30 mins till I decided to just remove the shifted with the ****, boot, ash tray panel. I removed it by clamping it down on a using a big pipe wrench (cover it something with grip like rubber or leather) but still not with scratching it a bit, I always wanted a new one anyways. hahaha

Shifting so far feels a bit tight, I'll wait and see after a week if it gets looser if not I'll have to re adjust by loosening the bottom bolt under the car next time its up on jack when I do the test pipe and pulley.

Physically the throw distance doesn't look that much shorter compare to stock but its the actual shifting feel that is so much shorter. With the tight shift that I have now, the shifting feels like its just click click between gears. Its that much shorter and quicker.... I like it a lot.

Hopefully a new stock **** is cheap. hahaha
Old 09-01-2011, 11:34 PM
blegthbloo

Yeah my **** wouldn't come off... for like 30 minutes. Finally after about 45 minutes of being on step one (not to mention it was getting dark already, since I didn't get it until 6:30p) I decided I got the TWM **** for a reason, so I'd probably never go back to the stock one, and that revelation made me stop caring about it, so I more or less tore it off lol... it was so annoying. mine had like 4 threads deep of glue...

Everything else was straight forward and it feels good just sitting in the car... I might go out now and try it out since I don't have anything going on in the morning
Old 09-01-2011, 11:37 PM
JJsBusaRox

Great thanks for your feedback guys! BB, hope you get it figured out. Let us know....
Old 09-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

I guess mine is some sort of freak because I spent 20 seconds removing mine, I just gripped it, held the shifter shaft with vice grips, and screwed it right off by hand. TeeItHIi, any vibration or loud noise over 4K PRM? Did you use that plastic spacer on the shaft of the shifter (the one they said was for the 370Z)? I just thought about it and I wonder if that might be the culprit?
Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 PM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I guess mine is some sort of freak because I spent 20 seconds removing mine, I just gripped it, held the shifter shaft with vice grips, and screwed it right off by hand. TeeItHIi, any vibration or loud noise over 4K PRM? Did you use that plastic spacer on the shaft of the shifter (the one they said was for the 370Z)? I just thought about it and I wonder if that might be the culprit?

No I didn't use the plastic spacer. So I'm guessing you used it?

I actually notice less vibration than stock and not much noise other than clicking noise when shifting. I'll check again in the morning.

Quick Reply: TWM Short Shifter Group Buy!!! 15% Discount!!