MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Hypertech Installation 09 G37 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Potato Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hypertech Installation 09 G37 Coupe

I gotta give this info out. I was just trying to install the Hypertech
Max Energy Sport Power Programmer - Part #62005 on my 09 G.

The instructions say to pull fuses on XM radios, audio amps, blowers, and any accessories that may distract the engine Computer. They also say to turn off everything not needed, and don't touch anything during programming.
I followed the instructions and pissed around for close to an hour pulling fuses for the XM radio, blowers, amps, and a few other things .

I always got a 6E error.

I tried different combinations of pulled fuses...until...I called HYPERTECH. They said some accessory was hanging up the Computer, and I had to shut this off (fuse, turn what off ??) before the HYPERTECH would work.

Solution : DO NOTHING.....My last attempt....I installed all fuses....started engine...made sure no DTC's were present....shut down engine...Plugged in HYPERTECH...followed instructions...and success...no issues whatsoever.

It's done.Testing is pending.

Anybody experienced this ?
Old 06-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Dirt Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the car parked in the garage the XM radio doesn't get a signal anyway, so I just turned everything off and did the programming on my 08. No problems what so ever.

I do pull the fuse for Onstar when I program my 06 Silverado though, but didn't fid it necessary on the G
Old 06-15-2011, 09:31 PM
tharbemiko

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never pulled any fuses when I installed my hypertech tuning. Tuned and detuned a few times with no issues so far.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:22 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Potato Man
I gotta give this info out. I was just trying to install the Hypertech
Max Energy Sport Power Programmer - Part #62005 on my 09 G.

The instructions say to pull fuses on XM radios, audio amps, blowers, and any accessories that may distract the engine Computer. They also say to turn off everything not needed, and don't touch anything during programming.
I followed the instructions and pissed around for close to an hour pulling fuses for the XM radio, blowers, amps, and a few other things .

I always got a 6E error.

I tried different combinations of pulled fuses...until...I called HYPERTECH. They said some accessory was hanging up the Computer, and I had to shut this off (fuse, turn what off ??) before the HYPERTECH would work.

Solution : DO NOTHING.....My last attempt....I installed all fuses....started engine...made sure no DTC's were present....shut down engine...Plugged in HYPERTECH...followed instructions...and success...no issues whatsoever.

It's done.Testing is pending.

Anybody experienced this ?

Yeah, pulling fuses confuses the BCM.
Only the seat heaters cause a problem.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
I never had to pull fuses to get it to flash and I've done numerous unflash/reflash cycles on the car. I usually turn off the lcd display, but that's about it.