MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Greddy Spectrum Elite vs Greddy Ti-C for the G37S Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 12:26 AM
akuma_83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Greddy Spectrum Elite vs Greddy Ti-C for the G37S Coupe

Just wanted to start a thread and find out which of the two exhausts do you guys prefer... I want to place an order, but I would rather here it from guys who have had the exhausts on their cars and their takes and experiences. Other than the difference of appearance and the dual vs single outlet exhausts. Whats the difference in Power, Sound, Looks, Performance ??? I tried youtube, but none of the vids do the exhausts any justice. And tried searching for any reviews... Let me know what you guys think ! Thanks in advance !

So lets here it guys, which would you prefer:

Greddy Spectrum Elite ( The new kid on the block )
OR
Greddy Ti-C ( Been around the block )

*Yes the SEARCH button was my best friend, so please dont ask me to use the SEARCH button, cause I have and aint found a thread like this. So hopefull this would help the next guy decide, thanks ! *
Old 08-31-2009, 12:32 AM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think anyone on the forum has the greddy elite so maybe you can be unique and be the guinea pig
Old 08-31-2009, 01:53 AM
TJHG37S

I've heard the Greddy SE in person with an Ichiba y-pipe and it sounds great, almost MXP-like..

graphite37 has it, if it was a true dual it'd be rad
Old 08-31-2009, 02:39 AM
akuma_83

I was thinking of getting the Greddy SE just so I can post up a review with pics and vids... but I dont want to be disappointed... I saw the video from Amplified and I wasnt too pleased cause it sounded kind raspy... trying to avoid that with some exhaust wrap... we'll see, payday is tomorrow, and trying to get some good advice before then... thanks for your relpies guys... are there any more ???

Im stuck between the Greddy SE exhaust by itself, no Y-pipe for now or the Greddy Ti-C with the Ichiba Y-pipe . . .
Old 08-31-2009, 02:58 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
NJlakeshoreG has the Spectrum Elite. He seems to really like it. Check this link out:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...next-week.html

Oh yeah, I put the SE on Her car as well. It is a little quiet for my tastes but for a girls car it works great (I'm kidding). The tone sounds a lot better than stock but the noise level is not much higher. It doesn't have that annoying start up rattle anymore and that is worth it by itself in my book. I have yet to be outside the car and have her drive by with the new exhaust. I know it will sound a lot better. Normal driving is very tame and the exhaust really comes alive at WOT.
I like really loud exhaust. Really really loud! I could not and would not allow a car to sit in my garage with a stock exhaust system. This is suppose to be a "sport/luxury" car and it's "Her" car, so a reasonable sound level was very important. This fit the bill nicely. I would like to try some high flow cats to see how it changes the sound and if I ever come across a set of used Berks for a reasonable price I'll buy them.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:01 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Originally Posted by akuma_83
I was thinking of getting the Greddy SE just so I can post up a review with pics and vids... but I dont want to be disappointed... I saw the video from Amplified and I wasnt too pleased cause it sounded kind raspy... trying to avoid that with some exhaust wrap... we'll see, payday is tomorrow, and trying to get some good advice before then... thanks for your relpies guys... are there any more ???

Im stuck between the Greddy SE exhaust by itself, no Y-pipe for now or the Greddy Ti-C with the Ichiba Y-pipe . . .
I have not put a y-pipe on yet. And I can guarantee you it is not raspy. It wouldn't be on the car still if it had ANY rasp to it.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:47 AM
akuma_83

Thanks for the reply... yeah i saw NJlakeshoreG's vids on youtube and your pics (Ivoidwaranties) on your profile... just debating... I too like a loud exhaust... but the SE just looks so damn sexy... any more info or inputs would help...

BTW im running Berks... so help decide what exhaust i should get, thanks for looking !
Old 08-31-2009, 06:09 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

In the future I would like to put on a y-pipe (with a 2.5" outlet) and I would like to try the Berks out. If I didn't like the sound they would come off.

If you like a loud exhaust I do not suggest this one. It's a bit louder outside the car but not inside. It's fit and finish is awesome and yeah, it looks damn sexy. But if you're looking for loud, this is not the one.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by jnguyen
I don't think anyone on the forum has the greddy elite so maybe you can be unique and be the guinea pig
I have the Greddy SE. They have pics of the system on my car on their site. Simply put, if you want quieter go with the SE. If you want more aggressive, go TI-C.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:22 AM
akuma_83

Thanks for all the replies, suggestions, your help to everyone who replied to this thread... Just to let you guys know... after all the long debating in front of the computer, and countless hours watching youtube videos over and over... I have come to the conclusion that I did pay top dolla for a luxury sports car and im gonna have to keep that sporty sound...

I went with the Greddy Spectrum Elite... I will post some pics and vids as soon as it arrives, I will update this thread and start a new one with reviews and my $0.02. So once again thanks for everyone's help and advice ! And thanks to Andy from HPAuto for the countless PM's back and forth (I wasnt a waste of time after all)

*HPAUTO* .F. .T. .M. .F. .W.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:13 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

So that makes graphiteg37, NJlakeshoreG, Buddy Revell, Her, and now akuma_83 all with the GReddy SE. That's cool, I hope you like it. Awaiting your review.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:45 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by akuma_83
Thanks for all the replies, suggestions, your help to everyone who replied to this thread... Just to let you guys know... after all the long debating in front of the computer, and countless hours watching youtube videos over and over... I have come to the conclusion that I did pay top dolla for a luxury sports car and im gonna have to keep that sporty sound...

I went with the Greddy Spectrum Elite... I will post some pics and vids as soon as it arrives, I will update this thread and start a new one with reviews and my $0.02. So once again thanks for everyone's help and advice ! And thanks to Andy from HPAuto for the countless PM's back and forth (I wasnt a waste of time after all)

*HPAUTO* .F. .T. .M. .F. .W.
Nice Bro! I gotta hear those in person when you get them on.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:11 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
stock y pipe with berk hfc is the ISH!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 05:16 PM
akuma_83

Talking

Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
stock y pipe with berk hfc is the ISH!!!
^^^ Pretty much running the same setup as yours NJlakeshoreG !... using Berks too ! Going to post up more vids on youtube and here on the forum as soon as it gets in... waiting for the ship date and count down 2 weeks from then...
Old 09-02-2009, 05:18 PM
akuma_83

Thumbs up I got you !

Originally Posted by myk1013
Nice Bro! I gotta hear those in person when you get them on.
I'll give you a call Myke as soon as it gets here and on the car... and dont worry bro I got you on the 15th ! Thanks bro, shoots !

Quick Reply: Greddy Spectrum Elite vs Greddy Ti-C for the G37S Coupe