MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Wat should i buy first?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 09:05 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I vote for GTM twin turbo kit
Old 05-15-2009, 09:09 PM
fdot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whosurbuddiee
i vote for gtm twin turbo kit
y not lol
Old 05-15-2009, 09:22 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Lol well keep in mind also that you gotta "clean" the filters every once in a while. Thats one reason why i regret getting the cold airs.. i gotta take off the bumper each time i clean the filter? ;\

oh yes and i vote gtm twin turbo also lol.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:28 PM
fdot

Yea if it wasnt for the bumper thing i rather go with it but its a problem
Old 05-15-2009, 09:30 PM
StopTheExcuses

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
Lol well keep in mind also that you gotta "clean" the filters every once in a while. Thats one reason why i regret getting the cold airs.. i gotta take off the bumper each time i clean the filter? ;\

oh yes and i vote gtm twin turbo also lol.
Yeah, that's kind of a good point. Even though, the filters can be gotten to by just taking the splash shield off, which should only take fifteen minutes or so. IMO, I wouldn't let cleaning the filter every two years or so make up my mind on which Intake I wanted to get.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:35 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Oh well i was under the impression that it had to be cleaned every 6-9months.. but thats a relief, every 2 years. In that case, cold airs!! lol.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:00 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by StopTheExcuses
Yeah, that's kind of a good point. Even though, the filters can be gotten to by just taking the splash shield off, which should only take fifteen minutes or so. IMO, I wouldn't let cleaning the filter every two years or so make up my mind on which Intake I wanted to get.
2 years... 10K miles is a good safe number which equates to about ever other Synth oil change. I clean mine every 6 months. If you live in a dustbowl then even more frequently but then I always want peak performance.

From INJEN's site: http://www.injen.com/docs/injen/cont...anding#fifteen

15. How often you need to clean your filter will depend on the air and road conditions in your area. Most filters require cleaning before the dirt build up gets as thick as the wire mesh. The usual interval is 30,000 - 40,000 miles depending on driving conditions. We recommend that you check your filter about once a year in normal usage and once every six months if you are located in a dirty environment. If you are running with a cold air intake we recommend checking the filter every 10,000 to 15,000. Using a Hydro-Shield will reduce service intervals.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 05-15-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:23 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Between those choices I would go for a drop
Old 05-15-2009, 10:25 PM
StopTheExcuses

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
2 years... 10K miles is a good safe number which equates to about ever other Synth oil change. I clean mine every 6 months. If you live in a dustbowl then even more frequently.
I would say that is a VERY safe interval. I could possibly see you needing to clean them that often on a SRI due to increased contaminants. With the CAI, considering it's tucked away, with a splash shield to keep it clean, once every year or two should be plenty. Injen actually says every 30 to 40 thousand miles, which would actually be 3 years give or take. Here is an excerpt from Injen's website about cleaning thier filters and the interval in which to do so.

15. How often you need to clean your filter will depend on the air and road conditions in your area. Most filters require cleaning before the dirt build up gets as thick as the wire mesh. The usual interval is 30,000 - 40,000 miles depending on driving conditions. We recommend that you check your filter about once a year in normal usage and once every six months if you are located in a dirty environment. If you are running with a cold air intake we recommend checking the filter every 10,000 vê 15,000. Using a Hydro-Shield will reduce service intervals.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:27 PM
StopTheExcuses

2 years... 10K miles is a good safe number which equates to about ever other Synth oil change. I clean mine every 6 months. If you live in a dustbowl then even more frequently but then I always want peak performance.

From INJEN's site: http://www.injen.com/docs/injen/cont...anding#fifteen

15. How often you need to clean your filter will depend on the air and road conditions in your area. Most filters require cleaning before the dirt build up gets as thick as the wire mesh. The usual interval is 30,000 - 40,000 miles depending on driving conditions. We recommend that you check your filter about once a year in normal usage and once every six months if you are located in a dirty environment. If you are running with a cold air intake we recommend checking the filter every 10,000 to 15,000. Using a Hydro-Shield will reduce service intervals.
HAHA! Nice, as I was posting the same thing, you were editing your post! Great minds think alike.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:38 PM
RedG37SNC

HAHA! Nice, as I was posting the same thing, you were editing your post! Great minds think alike.
Lol, but it's 10-15K for Injen CAI, not 30-40K. And the CAI filters are more exposed then the SRI's, not even considering those with full shielding, thus the lower maintanace interval.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:43 PM
StopTheExcuses

Lol, but it's 10-15K for Injen CAI, not 30-40K. And the CAI filters are more exposed then the SRI's, not even considering those with full shielding, thus the lower maintanace interval.
Lol. That's what I get for not reading the last sentence on Injens website. It's strange to me that the CAI Filters would dirty before the SRI filters. I understand they are lower to the road, but IMO they seem better shielded from dirt and debris than the SRI. When I took my bumper off, there was no debris in or around the filter location for the Injen CAI, but there is ALWAYS dirt and debris hanging around my radiator cover and engine cover, even after me wiping it clean shortly beforehand. Strange.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:01 PM
fdot

i guessing droping it is the verdict...
Old 05-15-2009, 11:02 PM
bunluvsvw

Originally Posted by fdot
Oo yea i also got the intake down to 325 shipped not tax i think its a good price wat u think?
I got mine on ebay for $250 shipped
Old 05-15-2009, 11:09 PM
RedG37SNC

Lol. That's what I get for not reading the last sentence on Injens website. It's strange to me that the CAI Filters would dirty before the SRI filters. I understand they are lower to the road, but IMO they seem better shielded from dirt and debris than the SRI. When I took my bumper off, there was no debris in or around the filter location for the Injen CAI, but there is ALWAYS dirt and debris hanging around my radiator cover and engine cover, even after me wiping it clean shortly beforehand. Strange.
There's less airflow there so the dust can settle on those surfaces. I'd still clean SRI's at the 10K interval. There is a phenomenon called Van der Walles force that describes the inherent attraction between two bodies (in this case a takified cotton fiber and a particle) that will hold the particle in place. This force can also be overcome by aerodynamic drag and cause the particle to migrate further into the media and eventually into your engine. Also the more loaded a filter is the less flow you get.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 05-16-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Wat should i buy first?????