MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Does Intake and Exhaust void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:57 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tfmbigdog99
It voids all your warranties and doesnt let dealerships or infiniti techs ever work on your car again. Dont listen to all these idiots above me, but please do listen to me and use the search button more often.
i disagree... but do agree about the search button.

North Houston Infiniti has a '08 G37 Coupe with Stillen Exhaust/CAI on the showroom floor. The car is not used. The dealership installed the parts and are selling them with the car.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:00 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
It all depends on the dealership, my dealership loved my mods and I have a 30 minute convo with them about my mods every time I go in for service. Another dealership near me will look for ANYTHING to void your warranty.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Unless I'm wrong here, I think tfmbigdog99 was being very sarcastic because this question has been asked and answered at least eleventy billion times in multiple ways. The question isn't even specific: how would installing an aftermarket exhaust or intake affect the warranty on your seats or stereo for example? Of course they wouldn't, common sense tells you that. It also tells you that it would negate the exhaust or intake warranty because you removed them from the car.

Now, what if your O2 sensors or MAF sensor fail in that scenario? Covered or not? My guess is that coverage would be denied because Infiniti could reasonably claim that the different exhaust affected the O2 sensor or that the intake affected the MAF. However, the law states that the warrantor (Infiniti) has to show that your modification or replacement caused the covered part to fail. It may be hard for them to prove, but in the meantime your car isn't running and they have lots more and better lawyers than the average consumer. How long do you think something like that would be tied up in litigation? Until the TT G56 came out at least. So if they say something isn't covered, you'll likely end up paying for the repair and then trying to recoup your money afterward if yo uwant to drive the car.

My .02
Old 03-24-2009, 10:01 PM
heff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Unless I'm wrong here, I think tfmbigdog99 was being very sarcastic because this question has been asked and answered at least eleventy billion times in multiple ways. The question isn't even specific: how would installing an aftermarket exhaust or intake affect the warranty on your seats or stereo for example? Of course they wouldn't, common sense tells you that. It also tells you that it would negate the exhaust or intake warranty because you removed them from the car.

Now, what if your O2 sensors or MAF sensor fail in that scenario? Covered or not? My guess is that coverage would be denied because Infiniti could reasonably claim that the different exhaust affected the O2 sensor or that the intake affected the MAF. However, the law states that the warrantor (Infiniti) has to show that your modification or replacement caused the covered part to fail. It may be hard for them to prove, but in the meantime your car isn't running and they have lots more and better lawyers than the average consumer. How long do you think something like that would be tied up in litigation? Until the TT G56 came out at least. So if they say something isn't covered, you'll likely end up paying for the repair and then trying to recoup your money afterward if yo uwant to drive the car.

My .02
WRONG

HAHA just joking couldnt have been said any better now close this thred
Old 03-30-2009, 07:11 PM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Betty is 100% right. I was being sarcastic because honestly how many voiding warranty threads do we have!!! SEARCH!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:17 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Ok, case closed! :-)