MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

What voids your warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 11:52 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What voids your warranty?

Hey i search around and couldnt find anything on this but what things void your car warranty? i wanted to see so i can mod my car some without actually voiding it.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:07 AM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
you won't void your warrant if you mod, it has to be proven that the part caused the part under warranty to fail

what are you planning on doing?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:04 AM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by aliiin
you won't void your warrant if you mod, it has to be proven that the part caused the part under warranty to fail

what are you planning on doing?
well i wanted to do lip kit,wheels,exhaust,intake, and maybe some springs not that much since im only 16 and on a budget and still paying for the car haha.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:05 AM
polish pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can only void warrenty if you mod your odometer to be lower i think there is another way to do it, but you can void a warrenty for the most part worst thing that can happen is that they will deny your claim.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:06 AM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
Make sure you dont put decals on the car. They void the warranty.

Dude, **** the warranty.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:10 AM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by tfmbigdog99
Make sure you dont put decals on the car. They void the warranty.

Dude, **** the warranty.
well like i dont really know much about warranty and i dont know what warranty actually covers. all i know is i have warranty and i ask them and they say they fix it if there is a problem and they told me big prices if i didnt have warranty so i dont know but i do want to mod it. They told me i have to go 30k mile or wait 3 years before it expires.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:11 AM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
there are laws that protect you, i don't think putting decals on your car will void warranty, if that's the case that's dumb as hell, take them to court for that because putting decals has nothing to do with warranty parts like the engine and so forth
Old 08-12-2008, 01:13 AM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by aliiin
there are laws that protect you, i don't think putting decals on your car will void warranty, if that's the case that's dumb as hell, take them to court for that because putting decals has nothing to do with warranty parts like the engine and so forth
thats true but yeah i doubt decal will void your warranty.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:14 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Putting modded parts on your car voids the warrenty for that part. If you put an exhaust on your car and you start to have an exhaust issue your manufacture warrenty will not cover it. It does not void your warrenty on the rest of your car. They only way it could void the warrenty on another part of the car is if they find that part to be the reason the original manufacture part is broken like others have mentioned.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:16 AM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by bboysteele
Putting modded parts on your car voids the warrenty for that part. If you put an exhaust on your car and you start to have an exhaust issue your manufacture warrenty will not cover it. It does not void your warrenty on the rest of your car. They only way it could void the warrenty on another part of the car is if they find that part to be the reason the original manufacture part is broken like others have mentioned.
oh but getting it installed by other mechanic wont void it either? so if i install a exhaust and intake it be fine as long it dont mess nothing up?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:19 AM
ProstylezG37

yeah like i lowered my car and he said it voided the warranty on the springs...im like so what? just fix my tranny like u said u was gonna do...haha
Old 08-12-2008, 01:19 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Most dealerships will not install aftermarket parts. The only exception that I have heard of for aftermarket parts is Stillen parts which a lot of dealers will install and warrenty. They actually sell these parts. You can install anything and you should be fine as long it is not the cause of a future problem you have but keep in mind that the dealer has to prove that the part you added is the cause.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:20 AM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by ProstylezG37
yeah like i lowered my car and he said it voided the warranty on the springs...im like so what? just fix my tranny like u said u was gonna do...haha
ohs haha yeah i just dont want void certain warranty because one my friends own a mechanic shop and he told me the repair on the infiniti is more expensive than other cars. By the way if i like install the intake and like if something happen, could i just take it off and put the stock back on and the dealership wouldnt know?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:17 AM
chain492

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yay another 16 year oldddd same here
i drive a grandpa sedan.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:21 AM
prutkows

Originally Posted by chain492
yay another 16 year oldddd same here
i drive a grandpa sedan.
5 series is like a middle age sedan.