MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

BLITZ throttle controller

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:19 PM
chamelieon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ROFL u da man! thanks for taking the time out for that review.. im very eager to know since its either this or Berk HFC's ..next on the mod list.

and hey.. im a civic owner as well.. we arent all ricers.. lol
Old 09-04-2008, 11:47 PM
tristan1334

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What if I go to my dealer and complain that my car has a throttle delay? I'm sure they could re-program the ECU. right?
Old 09-05-2008, 03:03 AM
The1andOnly

The dealer won't do much but try to reset your ecu again back to factory specs. They won't do a custom tune like you can do with technosquare, in which they will set your throttle positioning.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:59 PM
UpRev

Originally Posted by ampdG37
This mod is great. I know who's car they tested when the President of Blitz was in town last month and basically im already inline to purchase it. Who ever else wants one pm me. I can't do a group buy just yet since i don't know how many they are bringing in next month. I did order a few already

Its not for HP gain, but it does delete the lag we have due to our VVEL not engaging until we get to a certain rpm. at 100% setting, the TB is wide open as soon as you floor the gas pedal instead of gradual opening of the TB due to our VVEL is set for economy It works just like a VTEC controller for those of you who had CIVICS, INTEGRA, RSX and S2k

I didn't get to try it myself but my buddy told me that that throttle response on his car was amazing. I can't wait
That is untrue. You can log with Cipher or the Nissan ConsultIII and see that the throttle plate does not open fully until it is told to by the ECU like it normally does. Unless you change the way the stock ECU is set to work with a flash or re-tune this fact does not change.

We've already put this products marketing to rest at my350z.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:06 PM
UpRev

Well correct me if im wrong, if the ECU controlls the TB via the accelarator pulse, how is the ECU doing whatever it wants? If the pulse sent to the ECU is to open it all the way, thats what the ECU will do, Correct?
Incorrect. If that was true, when you sent 100% throttle signal to the ECU, by simply pushing the pedal to the floor then the ECU would open the throttle 100%. As we all know this does not happen till you hit a preset speed. Adding a signal amplifier to that line will only show 100% throttle pedal sooner, it does not make the throttle plate open any farther.

Also, when I say sooner, I don't mean it is reacting faster, it's reacting more. If you press the pedal to the floor, that signal is sent as fast to the ECU. There is no way outside of a re-tune or reflash to make the throttle react any differently.

That said, if you want to be able to push the pedal half way down and make it act like you pressed it 100% then this product will do that, but it ads no horsepower or performance. Most people are capable of pushing their pedal 100% when they want, and won't need this product. Obviously people with one leg shorter than the other and midgets should look into this product.

http://my350z.com/forum/tuning/38020...installed.html

Last edited by UpRev; 09-06-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by UpRev
Incorrect. If that was true, when you sent 100% throttle signal to the ECU, by simply pushing the pedal to the floor then the ECU would open the throttle 100%. As we all know this does not happen till you hit a preset speed. Adding a signal amplifier to that line will only show 100% throttle pedal sooner, it does not make the throttle plate open any farther.

Also, when I say sooner, I don't mean it is reacting faster, it's reacting more. If you press the pedal to the floor, that signal is sent as fast to the ECU. There is no way outside of a re-tune or reflash to make the throttle react any differently.

That said, if you want to be able to push the pedal half way down and make it act like you pressed it 100% then this product will do that, but it ads no horsepower or performance. Most people are capable of pushing their pedal 100% when they want, and won't need this product. Obviously people with one leg shorter than the other and midgets should look into this product.

http://my350z.com/forum/tuning/38020...installed.html

Im still trying to understand this product as well and thank you for your input but here is is what im trying to figure out.

Since its sending a pulse/signal that is amplified by the trottle controller, the blitz sends a AMPLIFIED SIGNAL to the ECU saying the pedal is smashed even though its not quite on the floor just yet, yes micro seconds difference from a driver that actually smashed it. The ECU reacts to that signal and will open the TB according to the signal, more than if it the blitz was on off position, Doesn't that mean that the ECU did more than what it should???

I know for a fact after datalogging my G37, the trottle position only opens up to 88.99 % with or without the Blitz TC but i also datalogged DieselDougs G37 with the TECHNOSQUARE FLASH and his only opend at 88.99 %. I never claimed it opened 100%. It did open up to 88.99% sooner according to the magden computer.

. Another thing, where was it posted that it increase horsepower? I missed that part.

Yes mainly placebo effect, so you get to 88% open TB sooner, but dosen't that mean it shortens your power band...? You don't get more HP or TORQUE but you just get there slightly sooner.

Like i mentioned on my previous post, great for spirited driving like track day or 1/4 mile. I do agree with you, getting a reflash is still better and ofcourse no comparison to a reflash but not everyone is willing to do that because they are worried about warranty. My friend that owns a G37 and a 350z has a reflash G37 pushing 320+ WHP but he didn't want to risk dealer knowing that his ECU was reflashed so he had to take his car back for for the stock MAP, got charged for it. Once the COBB AP is out, then we have the option of doing that ourselves.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:07 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
I used mine today and suprisingly I noticed a difference even on SP1... Which is what setting I had it on..
Old 09-06-2008, 06:17 PM
UpRev

Yes mainly placebo effect, so you get to 88% open TB sooner, but dosen't that mean it shortens your power band...? You don't get more HP or TORQUE but you just get there slightly sooner.
Mainly? It's 100% placebo effect and you just said that yourself. It does not and cannot open the throttle plate any more or faster than is already available.

How long do you honestly think it takes someone to go from foot just barely touching the pedal to flat against the floor? Microseconds? $350 for microseconds of difference?

Also it is impossible get HP or Torque sooner. Those are mathematical standards of measure. The only thing that comes sooner is the microseconds that it would take you to push the pedal farther.

You are continuing to promote a $350 product that you yourself have admitted cannot work.

If someone wants a tune that the dealer cannot detect they can use the Cobb AccessPort or the new Uprev Osiris. Both will flash the ECu back to a stock ROM that is undetectable by the dealer. Not like I enjoy promoting a competing product (cobb) but we're both about to release the product you're telling me that you're interested in, so then sell people something that works and is verifiable.

Last edited by bboysteele; 09-09-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mainly? It's 100% placebo effect and you just said that yourself. It does not and cannot open the throttle plate any more or faster than is already available.

How long do you honestly think it takes someone to go from foot just barely touching the pedal to flat against the floor? Microseconds? $350 for microseconds of difference?

Also it is impossible get HP or Torque sooner. Those are mathematical standards of measure. The only thing that comes sooner is the microseconds that it would take you to push the pedal farther.

You are continuing to promote a $350 product that you yourself have admitted cannot work. Stop trying to sell people snake oil.

If someone wants a tune that the dealer cannot detect they can use the Cobb AccessPort or the new Uprev Osiris. Both will flash the ECu back to a stock ROM that is undetectable by the dealer. Not like I enjoy promoting a competing product (cobb) but we're both about to release the product you're telling me that you're interested in, so then sell people something that works and is verifiable.
Again, thank you for the info... Selling yes and by the way im not the only one that sells the product, am i promoting it by actually admitting that im still trying to understand the product? Well that for members to decide. Thats why i chime in, to help members, not to rip them off

Im basing it off my butt dyno yes. Also mathematically, micro seconds adds up to a second, correct? So if i go to the track and that micro second help at ever corner on the track won't help?

Cobb experience yes i love the AP since we have it on our race evo. Your guys make Osiris, great but instead of saying i sell snake oil, it would have been better if you called me and explained how the osiris works instead? That would have been better. MY 2 CENTS OF COURSE
Old 09-06-2008, 06:58 PM
UpRev

Again, thank you for the info... Selling yes and by the way im not the only one that sells the product, am i promoting it by actually admitting that im still trying to understand the product? Well that for members to decide. Thats why i chime in, to help members, not to rip them off

Im basing it off my butt dyno yes. Also mathematically, micro seconds adds up to a second, correct? So if i go to the track and that micro second help at ever corner on the track won't help?

Cobb experience yes i love the AP since we have it on our race evo. Your guys make Osiris, great but instead of saying i sell snake oil, it would have been better if you called me and explained how the osiris works instead? That would have been better. MY 2 CENTS OF COURSE

Yes 1,000,000 microseconds in 1 second. The difference is amazing. I don't like it when people lie about products, if that offends you I'm deeply sorry. The facts have been stated and you still need to review the product, this I do not understand. This product does nothing more than press your gas pedal for you. There are no gains to be had. This is not subjective, this is fact. If Blitz would like to rebuke me, I will gladly read their scientific white sheet proving that this product in any way changes the available power of the vehicle, or it's ability to make power sooner. I'm available 24/7, they can leave me an e-mail or voicemail.

People turn to internet forums to glean information and educate themselves. When people take advantage of that I will speak up. If someone reads about this great new product and it is marketed as making the car run different, they should know that all it does is press the throttle pedal for them. It does not in any way alter the way the car drives or how it makes power and over what time it makes power.

If people wish to learn about a product, and you represent that product as any more than it is, what are you offering to these customers? If you respond with "still trying to understand the product" then how can you make any claims what so ever? The facts have been stated time and time again on the product, and you're still claiming ignorance of what it does. Please help me to understand what information you are missing about the product so that I may educate you, so that you may educate your customers.

Last edited by UpRev; 09-06-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Da Hashi

I think you should buy one and explain it to me in a way that my A$$ dyno can understand that my G is'nt pulling harder.......since you seem like you're an electronical genuis
Old 09-06-2008, 07:58 PM
UpRev

Originally Posted by Da Hashi
I think you should buy one and explain it to me in a way that my A$$ dyno can understand that my G is'nt pulling harder.......since you seem like you're an electronical genuis
I did explain it to you. I'm not an "electronical genius", just intelligent enough to understand how things work.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Da Hashi

I did explain it to you. I'm not an "electronical genius", just intelligent enough to understand how things work.
hummm from my experiance the fly by wire system is alittle slow and not as responsive as an actual throttle cable.....from what i hear technosquare has a similar reflash that has a similar effect as the blitz product....i'm pretty sure everyone know that this product does not claim any HP gains....just improves throttle response....thus accelerating quicker......i have also seen proof on 3 different G37's that when you mash the throttle a 100% the throttle bodies ar not at a 100%...only around 88%.....I want a 100%...if i step on the throttle on a porsche a 100% i know it's at a 100% because via throttle cable.....thus my a$$ tells me its accelerating harder than my G....oh well maybe if you actually experiance this product you might keep the negative comments to a min. I've seen and been in afew threads where people are bashing each other and products but I've never read a thread where a proformance product company was bashing some other manufacture or even a vender.....must be some kind of plot to gain more sales for your products.......I rather go with technosqure,cobb,magden,motec,PI,2D,dynojet,blitz, HKS,or others than even considering your company

Last edited by Da Hashi; 09-06-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:26 PM
chamelieon

oh maaaan! this is great!!!! I love "debates" !! im sitting here trying to figure out how this $350 gizmo is worth its $$ and my point exactly has been explained by uprev.

uprev - what about the claims that the product reduces or eliminates the laggy feeling? i know we are all programmed to expect the motor to react a certain way because how far we push the throttle. so if this product multiplies the distance the pedal is pushed i would feel the motor revs faster... BUT its revving a bigger distance, doesnt really mean the lag would technically dissaper since the ECU is still the bridge to the throttle body and ultimately has control over what happens.

also please state what MPH does the ecu finally let the TB open fully, and i hear that by redline the ecu closes the TB a few percent. you have any info on this matter?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:28 PM
UpRev

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Da Hashi
hummm from my experiance the fly by wire system is alittle slow and not as responsive as an actual throttle cable.....from what i hear technosquare has a similar reflash that has a similar effect as the blitz product....i'm pretty sure everyone know that this product does not claim any HP gains....just improves throttle response....thus accelerating quicker......i have also seen proof on 3 different G37's that when you mash the throttle a 100% the throttle bodies ar not at a 100%...only around 88%.....I want a 100%...if i step on the throttle on a porsche a 100% i know it's at a 100% because via throttle cable.....thus my a$$ tells me its accelerating harder than my G....oh well maybe if you actually experiance this product you might keep the negative comments to a min.
Technosquare has a reflash, said reflash changes the code inside the ECU to make the Throttle plate react differently.

This device only affects the throttle pedal input to the ECU and therefor cannot change the way the throttle plate reacts. You would need a reflash or re-tune of the ECU to enable something like that. This product does not do that.

This is not a matter of experience, this is fact. Trust me, I know what this product does, and I know a little bit about how these cars work. This product does not do the things are are claiming it does. You do not understand what you bought.

That being my entire point of posting. You've been mis-educated and you made a purchase on something that does not do what you think it does. Now you're on the boards and trying to spread misinformation to other people that also my not know better.

Please stop with the yo dawg answers. If you can show me that I'm wrong, please do, otherwise educate yourself and understand what is going on.

Quick Reply: BLITZ throttle controller