MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

BLITZ throttle controller

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by KPierson
What connection under the hood does it tell you to make??
I'm not looking at the instructions right now, but they said to connect the controller's connections to the harness underneath the hood in the brake/clutch reservoir compartment and run the wire through a firewall grommet and attach the box inside the cabin. It was a PITA to even get into that compartment. Didn't anyone else's directions say that? I'd decided to either pay somebody else to take on the headache or sell it. I'll take a look at the connection location that Dieseldoug22 gives. That sounds more like something in line with my level of mechanical ability and general laziness.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Scoobyj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I'm not looking at the instructions right now, but they said to connect the controller's connections to the harness underneath the hood in the brake/clutch reservoir compartment and run the wire through a firewall grommet and attach the box inside the cabin. It was a PITA to even get into that compartment. Didn't anyone else's directions say that? I'd decided to either pay somebody else to take on the headache or sell it. I'll take a look at the connection location that Dieseldoug22 gives. That sounds more like something in line with my level of mechanical ability and general laziness.

See post #46
Old 09-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Scoobyj
See post #46
I read it hence my confusion as I wasn't aware of the ease of installation that Dieseldoug22 suggested as the install instructions that came with it say otherwise. I have no prior experience in installing something like this so I didn't know about the way he suggests but I'm definitely going to try it instead of the BS method Blitz gives.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I read it hence my confusion as I wasn't aware of the ease of installation that Dieseldoug22 suggested as the install instructions that came with it say otherwise. I have no prior experience in installing something like this so I didn't know about the way he suggests but I'm definitely going to try it instead of the BS method Blitz gives.
It's easy enough J that you don't even have to remove the Gas Pedal, unless you got really big hands. As for the main unit, we installed it under the dash, no need to go through the firewall on the G37, since the accelerator position sensor is behind the gas pedal.

J- call me if you need assistance for your install
Old 09-04-2008, 01:09 AM
chamelieon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol.. i see you guys jumping up and down over this $350 gizmo ..when all its doing is pushing the pedal half way down for you when you press it half way... so yeah i would also be like damn the car is peppy because your only pressing the gas half way... and IT pushes it the rest of the way...

so... $350 because your foot doesnt reach all the way down? lol adjust your seat maaang!

no but seriously i was under the impression that it overided the ecu's control over the TB ..but obviously it cant since its actions are before the ecu's control in the loop...so regardless how fast it opens the TB.. the ecu is still going to do whatever it wants.

right or wrong?
Old 09-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Originally Posted by chamelieon
lol.. i see you guys jumping up and down over this $350 gizmo ..when all its doing is pushing the pedal half way down for you when you press it half way... so yeah i would also be like damn the car is peppy because your only pressing the gas half way... and IT pushes it the rest of the way...

so... $350 because your foot doesnt reach all the way down? lol adjust your seat maaang!

no but seriously i was under the impression that it overided the ecu's control over the TB ..but obviously it cant since its actions are before the ecu's control in the loop...so regardless how fast it opens the TB.. the ecu is still going to do whatever it wants.

right or wrong?
Well correct me if im wrong, if the ECU controlls the TB via the accelarator pulse, how is the ECU doing whatever it wants? If the pulse sent to the ECU is to open it all the way, thats what the ECU will do, Correct?

as for the stepping the pedal all the way through, the benefit is time, if your doing 1/4 mile or track, it helps on times. Its not a HP mod, it's a help your trottle response. Oh and by the way it does remove the lagg that you hate Man you must have very fast foot speed for you to not like this product..lol

Last edited by Lou@Amplified; 09-04-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Da Hashi

right or wrong?

sorry wrong..... throttle closed-----------------throttle wide open
........w/Blitz.....throttle closed---------throttle wide open
.................gas pedal...closed -----------------wide open
shortens the throttle which makes opening quicker kind of like a 1/4 turn throttle on a motorcycle ....well at least thats part of what the blitz does the other has something to do with electrical signal to the ecu which is not my department.........this works awsome makes your car pull harder

Last edited by Da Hashi; 09-04-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:59 PM
The1andOnly

Originally Posted by Da Hashi
sorry wrong..... throttle closed-----------------throttle wide open
........w/Blitz.....throttle closed---------throttle wide open
.................gas pedal...closed -----------------wide open
shortens the throttle which makes opening quicker kind of like a 1/4 turn throttle on a motorcycle ....well at least thats part of what the blitz does the other has something to do with electrical signal to the ecu which is not my department.........this works awsome makes your car pull harder
+1. I can't imagine driving without the T.C. now. It eliminated whatever lag was there. There were a few times where I would just smash the throttle to the floor and the car would respond later than it really should. With the Blitz, it's just instant response. From the Magden read out that Lou got, the throttle was 88% open @ 2900rpm. I don't think you can get that w/ out even if you smash the throttle to the floor from the start.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Skyline-LEXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry i havent read all the entries but how hard is the installation and how long does it take?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Originally Posted by Skyline-LEXY
sorry i havent read all the entries but how hard is the installation and how long does it take?
less than half our
Old 09-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Skyline-LEXY

can you install it on your own?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Originally Posted by Skyline-LEXY
can you install it on your own?
yes you can. if you need help, i'll have my guy show you how to do it.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Skyline-LEXY

thanks lou ur the man!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:24 PM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by The1andOnly
+1. I can't imagine driving without the T.C. now. It eliminated whatever lag was there. There were a few times where I would just smash the throttle to the floor and the car would respond later than it really should. With the Blitz, it's just instant response. From the Magden read out that Lou got, the throttle was 88% open @ 2900rpm. I don't think you can get that w/ out even if you smash the throttle to the floor from the start.
lol there is so much confusion going on here, and just about everywhere (http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt-...ontroller.html) read that entire thread and everyone hates the product because they is just no HARD data on a product so new and expensive to many.. basically everyone see's it as a pedal amplifier.. and everyone basically sees no point whatsoever in spending $350 on something that you can just press your foot farther down.

but what im after proving with some kind of hard data is the fact that it reduces the lag which everyone with DBW setup has. and the most important thing im trying to confirm is IF in fact it overrides the oem DBW settings.. AKA your throttle is only 88% open until say 5k rpms? and this gives you the 100% whenever you want.

everyone knows at lower rpms you can mash the gas and the car just bogs.. basically the DBW doesnt want to let you do a burnout show... sooooo i want to know and seems from a few people that confirm way better down low responce... IS... like i said before this gizmo removes all the stipulation and gives you 100% of throttle when you do press the throttle 100% no matter what RPM and such ???

i hope who ever responds to me read what i wrote VERY carefully.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

lol there is so much confusion going on here, and just about everywhere (http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt-...ontroller.html) read that entire thread and everyone hates the product because they is just no HARD data on a product so new and expensive to many.. basically everyone see's it as a pedal amplifier.. and everyone basically sees no point whatsoever in spending $350 on something that you can just press your foot farther down.

but what im after proving with some kind of hard data is the fact that it reduces the lag which everyone with DBW setup has. and the most important thing im trying to confirm is IF in fact it overrides the oem DBW settings.. AKA your throttle is only 88% open until say 5k rpms? and this gives you the 100% whenever you want.

everyone knows at lower rpms you can mash the gas and the car just bogs.. basically the DBW doesnt want to let you do a burnout show... sooooo i want to know and seems from a few people that confirm way better down low responce... IS... like i said before this gizmo removes all the stipulation and gives you 100% of throttle when you do press the throttle 100% no matter what RPM and such ???

i hope who ever responds to me read what i wrote VERY carefully.
When I install mine this weekend I'll post my but dyno charts. Will that be enough hard data for you?

All I had to make my purchasing decision on was a detailed description of what it does, the reputation of the manufacturer and the vendor I bought from, and my desire to try it out. I will be able to post my thoughts and impressions on it, but I don't have a datalogging device like the Magden (yet!) and I'll only know whether my car opens up the throttle faster as it claims or not. It's not rocket science man. The The1andOnly who has it has already told everyone that it's a "night and day" difference in throttle response. I'll find out for myslef soon enough and not rely on the skepticism of some Civic owners.

Quick Reply: BLITZ throttle controller