MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

BLITZ throttle controller

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:19 AM
koelzmod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dieseldoug22
It is real easy to install. Unbolt the accelerator pedal (2 bolts under a cover), plug the connector in between the harness and the pedal, make connections to Blitz controller box, place Blitz display box, hide wires done.

Ohh, and reinstall accelerator pedal if you feel the need to. j/k
You DO need to.
Thanks for the install info. I think I can handle that mod. Especially the part where I have to install the accel. pedal back Just out of curiosity, do you have one yet?
Old 08-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Dieseldoug22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't, but I installed one in jks_toy' s car this past weekend.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:37 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
did he say he felt any more power? ^
Old 08-29-2008, 10:39 AM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Bump for DIESELDOUG22 for all electronic installs
Old 08-29-2008, 01:22 PM
The1andOnly

Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
did he say he felt any more power? ^
It gives off the feeling that you have more power. It's a little deceiving, since you're accelerating faster.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:18 PM
chamelieon

quick question since no one ever answers my questions lol

as i drove around today, i noticed when your in a certain gear, accelerating.. as soon as you press the clutch to shift.. the throttle stays still for about a second... so if you try to shift quick you get like a double jerk from the clutch catching and the rpms lagging instead of coming down.

does the controller get rid of that lag? basically when you rev up, takes a little while for it to come down as if we had a heavy *** flywheel. can anyone with the controller please answer me that? thaaaanks!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is a Vendor thread guys. Leave the bashing and nonsense out of this thread. If you have a complaint on this product then open another thread. That also goes for questions on this product as well. Small questions are not an issue but other questions should be in a Blitz thread in the Engine Section.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:42 PM
KPierson
Banned

I've done some research on this module and this is what I've found - it's more of a Accelerator Pedal Recalibrator then a Throttle Body Controller.

It plugs in inline with the APP (accelerator pedal position) and modifies the voltage going to the ECU. Depending on how much it is skewing the votage it CAN cause the throttle body to open up further.

However, I'm not certain how they are able to open the throttle body 100% like I read somewhere - the stock ECU limits this and no matter what voltage is coming out of the pedal it can't make the ECU open the TB past its max limit.

As the car approaches redline, if the ECU wants to close the throttle body it will, as this module only affects the input voltage going to the ECU, it doesn't affect the control voltage going to the actual throttle body.

It sounds like it will definately make the car peppier off the line!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:56 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^thanks for the info.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Dieseldoug22
It is real easy to install. Unbolt the accelerator pedal (2 bolts under a cover), plug the connector in between the harness and the pedal, make connections to Blitz controller box, place Blitz display box, hide wires done.

Ohh, and reinstall accelerator pedal if you feel the need to. j/k
You DO need to.
I read the install instructions and it gave a completely different procedure that was much more difficult involving making the connection under the hood (in an impossible to access location) and running the cable through a firewall grommet near the brake master cylinder, etc. That was all BS???

I've had mine sitting onthe counter for 2 over 2 weeks becasue i didn't have the time or desire to jump throught the hoops in the instructions that came with it. For those who have it installed, where did you mount the interface?
Old 09-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I read the install instructions and it gave a completely different procedure that was much more difficult involving making the connection under the hood (in an impossible to access location) and running the cable through a firewall grommet near the brake master cylinder, etc. That was all BS???

I've had mine sitting onthe counter for 2 over 2 weeks becasue i didn't have the time or desire to jump throught the hoops in the instructions that came with it. For those who have it installed, where did you mount the interface?
Mine is wire tied under the dash, controller is on my dash

Hurry up and install it J, i want to know what you think
Old 09-02-2008, 11:50 PM
KPierson
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Betty

What connection under the hood does it tell you to make??
Old 09-03-2008, 01:16 AM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by KPierson
I've done some research on this module and this is what I've found - it's more of a Accelerator Pedal Recalibrator then a Throttle Body Controller.

It plugs in inline with the APP (accelerator pedal position) and modifies the voltage going to the ECU. Depending on how much it is skewing the votage it CAN cause the throttle body to open up further.

However, I'm not certain how they are able to open the throttle body 100% like I read somewhere - the stock ECU limits this and no matter what voltage is coming out of the pedal it can't make the ECU open the TB past its max limit.

As the car approaches redline, if the ECU wants to close the throttle body it will, as this module only affects the input voltage going to the ECU, it doesn't affect the control voltage going to the actual throttle body.

this is pretty much the same hunch i had.... now if the controller somehow bipassed the plug coming from the ecu to the controller and from the controller directly to the throttble body then we have something different where its overriding whatever the ecu is trying to do, but i dont see how this is possible when it plugs into the pedal plug itself.

as stated it can only change the definition of the pedal to amplify 50% pedal is really 100% throttle.. but since the signal still goes to the ecu and then the TB, i dont see how this will stop the ecu from doing whatever it wants no matter what the pedal definition is.

seems the only way of definitely removing the ecu's control over the TB is with a reflash, as tadashi had stated that he can remove that or leave it once he flashes an ecu.. seeing how this lil gizmo is $350 and a reflash is $550 ..i think the extra $200 is well spent on some hp gains from the reflash as well as the TB benefits.

sorry for rambling.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Originally Posted by chamelieon
this is pretty much the same hunch i had.... now if the controller somehow bipassed the plug coming from the ecu to the controller and from the controller directly to the throttble body then we have something different where its overriding whatever the ecu is trying to do, but i dont see how this is possible when it plugs into the pedal plug itself.

as stated it can only change the definition of the pedal to amplify 50% pedal is really 100% throttle.. but since the signal still goes to the ecu and then the TB, i dont see how this will stop the ecu from doing whatever it wants no matter what the pedal definition is.

seems the only way of definitely removing the ecu's control over the TB is with a reflash, as tadashi had stated that he can remove that or leave it once he flashes an ecu.. seeing how this lil gizmo is $350 and a reflash is $550 ..i think the extra $200 is well spent on some hp gains from the reflash as well as the TB benefits.

sorry for rambling.

Don't quote me on this, When i talked to Tadashi before he left for vacation, He can leave the trottle response alone on his flash so use can use the Blitz TC so you can control the trottle response instead of permanent change he dose on his flash. It's up to the customer. For the people that don't want to get the flash for warranty purposes, this would be a good alternative don't you think? My 2 cents

I'll talk to him some more when he gets back on Sept 22.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Originally Posted by KPierson

+1 on the peppier

Quick Reply: BLITZ throttle controller