MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Why do we mod our G37's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 03:01 AM
HER37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
Simple: People mod for performance and/or to make their car unique over other cars. That is the reason.
Agreed, well said!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:12 PM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyzDaL1m1T
To make the guys that bought the 335i beamer wish they had gotten the G
As he blows past me?? >jk LOL
Old 06-11-2008, 01:34 AM
JanSolo

Originally Posted by terp2007
b/c people like to make their beautiful cars look like riced out Civics?
Or sound like them.

Sadly, even cars with performance mods on this forum will likely never see the track where this car is quite competent. Fast cars, but not so fast drivers.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:44 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JanSolo
Or sound like them.

Sadly, even cars with performance mods on this forum will likely never see the track where this car is quite competent. Fast cars, but not so fast drivers.
timid drivers in fast cars?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:42 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
A car, like a lump of clay is ready to be molded to the owners personal taste. For some that's just adding fuzzy dice, for others it's a complete workover.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
I think it’s the individuality thing. Take aftermarket rims for instance. The rims that come with the car are really first-rate, having been designed by Infiniti to enhance the car’s appearance. But, in addition to often loosing TPMS (a worthwhile safety feature IMO), many of us go out and spend up to $4,000 for different rims, with the perfectly functional OEM’s collecting dust in a garage or storage area for ten years until they’re eventually thrown out.

As an old fuddy-duddy I don’t understand. I’ve debated this with my 24 year old son, and have yet to get a straight answer. He’s the same person who once installed an aftermarket exhaust system on his car (“because it sounded ‘cool’”) only to have it fail a smog emissions test the next year. Because the OEM was long placed in the trash, it cost him $800 for a legal system in order to re-register his car. I told him if he wanted to be cool it would be cheaper to just pierce his tongue.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:06 PM
08ivorypearl

motherfukcer if i had a jumbo jet id put a soundsystem and some rims for landing gear. lol. but the reason is bc a REAL car enthusiast will not settle for stock. the REAL car enthusiast always wants to have the freshest and most unique ride of its kind.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 08ivorypearl
motherfukcer if i had a jumbo jet id put a soundsystem and some rims for landing gear. lol. but the reason is bc a REAL car enthusiast will not settle for stock. the REAL car enthusiast always wants to have the freshest and most unique ride of its kind.
It may depend on how you define an enthusiast. Years ago I was into restoring old cars, and belonged to a few clubs where our autos were shown and judged. The name of the game was authenticity. Everything on a judged car had to be stock, down to the brand of spark plugs. Sometimes it took me years to find OEM parts or to get existing parts working again (I even got the clock and the lighted hood ornament to work in my old 1951 Pontiac). We were serious automobile enthusiasts, but because of that, would never mod a car in any way.

Now perhaps it’s a bit off topic, but I actually had an agent for my ’51 Pontiac Chieftain and it was used in one movie (Guilty by Suspicion) that was a period piece for that time. If you ever see the film, look for a light-grey Pontiac in a few of the outdoor scenes with me driving it. It was 100% stock of course.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:31 AM
08ivorypearl

Originally Posted by Chekov
It may depend on how you define an enthusiast. Years ago I was into restoring old cars, and belonged to a few clubs where our autos were shown and judged. The name of the game was authenticity. Everything on a judged car had to be stock, down to the brand of spark plugs. Sometimes it took me years to find OEM parts or to get existing parts working again (I even got the clock and the lighted hood ornament to work in my old 1951 Pontiac). We were serious automobile enthusiasts, but because of that, would never mod a car in any way.

Now perhaps it’s a bit off topic, but I actually had an agent for my ’51 Pontiac Chieftain and it was used in one movie (Guilty by Suspicion) that was a period piece for that time. If you ever see the film, look for a light-grey Pontiac in a few of the outdoor scenes with me driving it. It was 100% stock of course.

ok but to sum it up, u still wanted the freshest ride of s kind... but in ur case the closer was to being original the better. and not everyones car in tha industry is completely stock. hts why u would compete.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:43 PM
DIGITALG37

Every car ive owned i have modified.

1998 pontiac grand prix gt - sick sound system (high school car)

2002 Honda Accord V6EXL - RIMS, Injen Intake, some visual mods, HKS Exhaust

2004 Maxima- Got car but traded it in/// car was crap and got rid of it

2004 VW Passat B5.5 - Turbo upgrade, coilovers, BBS wheels, turboback exhaust, ECU mods, HID KIT, EURO Bodykit, shwo car pretty much ( this was the only car that i made look Classier and more expenive looking $$$ not ricey or too track or show car looking. It looked sleak. Iused to get people thiking it was a special european AUDI or sutmhing at the time... I modded it just right.

2005 Infiniti G35X- Crawford Plenum, JWT pop charger, HKS Exhaust

2008 Inifniti G37S- Upgraded entire car to LEDS lighting, JWT PopCharger... and soon i want to do the mod to watch dvds on the headunit/// and that is IT for me. I cut myself off.

Im 25... I have worked in a corporate enviroment since i was 18... Im a professional and i need my cars to reflect that. nuthign ricey here but Icant help but mod my cars because they are MINE and Iwant them to be a bit different so I feel it is more ME then just a stock car with no character....
Old 09-19-2008, 04:20 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DIGITALG37
2004 VW Passat B5.5 - Turbo upgrade, coilovers, BBS wheels, turboback exhaust, ECU mods, HID KIT, EURO Bodykit, shwo car pretty much ( this was the only car that i made look Classier and more expenive looking $$$ not ricey or too track or show car looking. It looked sleak. Iused to get people thiking it was a special european AUDI or sutmhing at the time... I modded it just right.
Got any pics?
Old 09-24-2008, 01:39 PM
DIGITALG37

yes i do. I will post them once i get home... I miss my VW. Having a Kraut Sled is a cool experience.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:40 PM
DIGITALG37

i used to live on the vw forums...
Old 09-24-2008, 01:45 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
+1 for the pics
Old 09-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

As most of you know I dont own a G37, I own 2 Evo's, 1 of which is modded beyond belief.

In any case I still believe I can answer this question in the same manner.

In my case, why mod the Evo? Its for the priceless look on the faces of those Ferrari, Lamorghini, and Porsche owners when they realize they just lost to a car that looks like a lunchbox.

On a serious note, I think its whats been said before. As a true car enthusiast that wants more than just looks, its about adding performance. Can you tell me for those of you who added your first exhaust on any car, heard the deep growl, and then could feel the added power, did it not make you smile and want to do your next mod?

Quick Reply: Why do we mod our G37's?