MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Why do we mod our G37's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:00 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
With regards to the "poser" badging, I do not see badging a G a 'Skyline' as posing. I for one would never slap a Nissan badge in place of Infiniti but there's no reason to go bashing someone who puts a Skyline or 370GT badge on their G.. Let the Dodge Neon drivers hate on em not fellow G drivers.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:42 AM
gsazabi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lack of torque
Old 04-03-2008, 08:11 AM
willizm

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Are you kidding? What people are laughing at is :
  • rear wings on a production street car that look like they were stolen off of a top fuel dragster or Formula 1 car
  • hideous paint jobs and graphics
  • tacky decals and stickers of companies who they are not sponsored by nor have any parts from
  • horrendously misplaced and poorly designed Skyline-styled body kits on different makes of cars where it looks obviously out of place
  • People with "poser" badging that doesn't go with the car they have
  • lots of money spent on mods for a car that barely runs and should be in a junk yard
  • people who mod in a way that tries to make the car look like something it's not nor is meant to be
  • fake turbo, S/C, or other fake performance parts (fake big brakes, fake air scoops, fake intercoolers, etc.)
  • fart can mufflers that sound stupid with enormously oversized tips
  • stuff that's just "over the top" and way too much
The list goes on and on. As I said, everyone's definition differs and what I consider rice some people think is cool or "different". Let people do whatever floats their boat, but if it's tacky people will ridicule you so be prepared to be laughed at either to your face or behind your back.

I agree for the most part. My look at it is this. If you want to take a civic and mod it out then that is ok, but don't put performance badging on a car when it barely will beat out a minivan. Around where I live it looks like some of these "ricers" as people say had nice looking cars and maybe they had a shop put on a body kit and a coffee can for an exhaust tip, but the owner must have brought it home and smacked it with a bat a couple times. It just doesn't look right. I know someone that took a 4 cylinder 80's mustang and bondowed a hoodscope on top of his car and my geo prizm still beat him in a dash. Now if you had a civic with a turbo/intercooler then that is something i could be proud of.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:33 AM
terp2007

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Are you kidding? What people are laughing at is :
  • rear wings on a production street car that look like they were stolen off of a top fuel dragster or Formula 1 car
  • hideous paint jobs and graphics
  • tacky decals and stickers of companies who they are not sponsored by nor have any parts from
  • horrendously misplaced and poorly designed Skyline-styled body kits on different makes of cars where it looks obviously out of place
  • People with "poser" badging that doesn't go with the car they have
  • lots of money spent on mods for a car that barely runs and should be in a junk yard
  • people who mod in a way that tries to make the car look like something it's not nor is meant to be
  • fake turbo, S/C, or other fake performance parts (fake big brakes, fake air scoops, fake intercoolers, etc.)
  • fart can mufflers that sound stupid with enormously oversized tips
  • stuff that's just "over the top" and way too much
The list goes on and on. As I said, everyone's definition differs and what I consider rice some people think is cool or "different". Let people do whatever floats their boat, but if it's tacky people will ridicule you so be prepared to be laughed at either to your face or behind your back.
Just wanted to mention that you actually get what I was saying. I don't understand why people would buy a 40K to make it look worse (IMO of course). If you really want to do that, why don't you get something cheaper and easier to make fast?? I don't think that was the point of the G37. The point is to have a luxurious, sports car, not a race car.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:46 AM
willizm

Originally Posted by terp2007
Just wanted to mention that you actually get what I was saying. I don't understand why people would buy a 40K to make it look worse (IMO of course). If you really want to do that, why don't you get something cheaper and easier to make fast?? I don't think that was the point of the G37. The point is to have a luxurious, sports car, not a race car.
Cosmetically I agree. Maybe tinting the windows and getting the factory spoiler is all that it needs IMO. Other then that I think there is a place for performance modifications as it's fun to make something perform better then factory spec.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:54 AM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we do it because we are trying to make it more sexier than is already is..am i right?
Old 04-03-2008, 01:06 PM
terp2007

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
we do it because we are trying to make it more sexier than is already is..am i right?
IMO, any cosmetic mod other than the aforementioned spoiler or tint, is making the sexy car less sexy. Of course this is my opinion, but i think a lot of people would agree.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
^^But not wheels or a mild drop to take away the wheel gap? Thats rice? I disagree.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:27 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anything that you add to your car that only adds to looks and not performance is "Rice" according to the definition. So the LED lights that I will be getting in the mail today will be a rice factor on my car but things like springs and wheels tend to add to the performance of the car so they are not considered "Rice." Not all "Rice" mods are bad such as light mods and the such.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Mestizo

Im filipino and i eat rice everyday......yuummmm
Old 04-03-2008, 03:23 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if u haveto ask Y, maybe you shouldn't be modding. you should know why. "************ has lots its fun"
Old 04-03-2008, 03:34 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Simple: People mod for performance and/or to make their car unique over other cars. That is the reason.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:29 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
Simple: People mod for performance and/or to make their car unique over other cars. That is the reason.
Yup, that pretty much sums it up for me.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
To ward off the demons.

Oh and to meet chicks.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:31 AM
SkyzDaL1m1T

To make the guys that bought the 335i beamer wish they had gotten the G

Quick Reply: Why do we mod our G37's?