MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

New pictures of my G37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 12:08 PM
cgendron
Minnesota G owners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New pictures of my G37 coupe

I spent the last couple of days going over my G37 with the porter cable polisher and the Meguiars 105 and 205 combination and then some good sealant. I also got 40% tint done on the windows a couple of weeks ago. Here are some new pics of my 4x4:

later,
Curt
Old 09-29-2011, 12:33 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Holy crap, Curt. What a difference!! That looks amazing. What did you top the polish with??
Old 09-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
amazing work, love to see these after detail threads. looks really good.

do note, your soon gonna get posts like "omg 4x4", "needs a drop" etc etc
Old 09-29-2011, 12:45 PM
WannabeSport

I'll put up some pics after I buff my car next week
Old 09-29-2011, 01:08 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Curt man, your paint looks IMMACULATE! Looks like you put some long hours into it man, looks GREAT! Gotta love a new car's paint!~

Originally Posted by Presto

I think he'll be just fine since he posted this in our MN thread~
Old 09-29-2011, 02:01 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Presto

hey man..when you live in a place like mn...a 4x4 is almost essential to everyday driving...especially in the winter.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:06 PM
cgendron
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Holy crap, Curt. What a difference!! That looks amazing. What did you top the polish with??
I used some of the Blackfire sealant. Goes on and off really easy, and low dust. I've been pretty impressed with most of the sealants I've bought from Auto Geek. They all seem better than the old waxes I was using. I'm sold.

I don't mind the 4x4 comments. I bought this car to plow through snow and still be a good looking sports touring car the rest of the year.

later,
Curt
Old 09-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
I think he'll be just fine since he posted this in our MN thread~

OMG 4x4!!! Needs a drop That was more for mister know-it-all Lance who doesn't realize that most people search by new posts and all threads come up! I mean, OP, you know it would look 1000 times better with a drop though haha!

Great detail though man, I wish I had the time, equip, know how, and space to do what you are able to man. It really looks beautiful!

Now drop it and get some REALLY aggressive wheels since you dont have to clear brakes!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:14 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cgendron
I used some of the Blackfire sealant. Goes on and off really easy, and low dust. I've been pretty impressed with most of the sealants I've bought from Auto Geek. They all seem better than the old waxes I was using. I'm sold.

I don't mind the 4x4 comments. I bought this car to plow through snow and still be a good looking sports touring car the rest of the year.

later,
Curt
i agree...i'm thinking of getting a g37x coupe for my next car..we'll see.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:18 PM
WannabeSport

later,
Curt
Isn't it amazing??? Some people refuse to spend the extra $15 or whatever and it is just so much more worth it!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:20 PM
cgendron
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
OMG 4x4!!! Needs a drop That was more for mister know-it-all Lance who doesn't realize that most people search by new posts and all threads come up! I mean, OP, you know it would look 1000 times better with a drop though haha!

Great detail though man, I wish I had the time, equip, know how, and space to do what you are able to man. It really looks beautiful!

Now drop it and get some REALLY aggressive wheels since you dont have to clear brakes!
I'll probably get some 19" rims in the Spring. I'm still undecided about dropping it. The Eibachs that drop the X's by 1.9 inches look tempting, but I know I'll have to be careful with that kind of drop on my driveway, and it will make some of the big MN snowstorms a little tricky. Not sure if its worth it on my daily driver. Plus I love the ride quality. Not sure if I want to compromise that.

later,
Curt
Old 09-29-2011, 02:24 PM
cgendron
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Isn't it amazing??? Some people refuse to spend the extra $15 or whatever and it is just so much more worth it!
Yes it is. I've used the Wolfgang, Blackfire and XMT glaze/sealants. They are all so easy to use and produce a great shine and finish. Well worth the extra money.

Now if they just made an easier process for getting the swirls 100% out. The 4-6 hours with the polisher and the Meguiars 105/205 is a killer.

later,
Curt
Old 09-29-2011, 02:39 PM
WannabeSport

I hear ya! It takes a LONG time.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:06 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
I'll probably get some 19" rims in the Spring. I'm still undecided about dropping it. The Eibachs that drop the X's by 1.9 inches look tempting, but I know I'll have to be careful with that kind of drop on my driveway, and it will make some of the big MN snowstorms a little tricky. Not sure if its worth it on my daily driver. Plus I love the ride quality. Not sure if I want to compromise that.

later,
Curt
It being AWD, you'd have zerrrrro probs!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sheeeet, you shoulda seen my M45 lowered on 17s last year...I had snow halfway up my bumper and that was just with my snow tires and rwd! It was amazing! You really make me wanna post up some of my pics of my sedan when I get done spending the time on it. I will be getting an early start on it this weekend. Going to do the full wash/claybar/glaze/sealant and wax combo in the AM before work Going to get it ready for the meet on the 15th and storage for winter time. Not that it needs any more TLC tho.

Curt that looks simply amazing and your awesome job reaffirms my love and choice of black cars for the mirror look and beauty that is black!

Quick Reply: New pictures of my G37 coupe