MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:35 AM
maDUECEgunner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AlexCdog5
Spoiler and taillights!
wrong thread. This is for the MN G Crew.

but on the other hand... I like the tail lights but hate spoiler, but its your car and not mine.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:20 AM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TomPeters
Lip and grill are looking good. I have the journey lip on my sport bumper and really like it.

Dawn - Car will look good after the face lift
thanks! yeah i can't wait to see the end result! sport side skirts might be next

Originally Posted by CRV_33
Yeah I was telling all my friends that I was not going to modify this car in any shape or form. Clearly I was wrong. I also installed the R2C intake as we;;.

Thanks you sir! Yeah it was a crash course on plastic dipping + masking. Was it hard to modify the journey lip for your sport bumper? Also have you posted pics?
I haven't officially met anyone yet in the MN G crew yet so I can only wonder whats going to happen when i do. LOL
hahaha, once you see everyone's cars you'll be getting a lot of new ideas for yours awesome to hear you installed R2C intakes as well! intakes are definitely on my list!

Here's a pic with the lip installed..... I had to trim the bumper at the ends by the wheel wells to get it to fit. There's a DIY on G35Driver on how to do this.

very nice joe! g is coming along nicely!!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:10 PM
CRV_33
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by DGGal
hahaha, once you see everyone's cars you'll be getting a lot of new ideas for yours awesome to hear you installed R2C intakes as well! intakes are definitely on my list!
Haha yeah I've seen some pics of Janik's sedan sporting the 19" coupe wheels and I am tempted to follow suit.

The R2C is awesome, I heard that someone else in this local chapter has them as well and loves it.

Have you decided on an intake yet?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:01 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Haha yeah I've seen some pics of Janik's sedan sporting the 19" coupe wheels and I am tempted to follow suit.

The R2C is awesome, I heard that someone else in this local chapter has them as well and loves it.

Have you decided on an intake yet?
Mike has them in his sedan. Im leaning towards R2Cs or stillen gen 3s. I still need to do some research though on which one Im gonna prefer more, but Im in no hurry to get them yet heh. The engine is definitely one of my last mods, id get the rhfcs before intake and whatever else i might do.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:08 AM
TomPeters
Registered Member

LOL I remember your car now, I snapped a picture of it at the Cars and Coffee opener and I think I posted a picture if it in this thread a while back.

BTW, who painted your headlights and what color did you go with?
I painted the headlights myself last summer and also put in the STi-R lenses... they're satin black.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:36 PM
CRV_33
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mike has them in his sedan. Im leaning towards R2Cs or stillen gen 3s. I still need to do some research though on which one Im gonna prefer more, but Im in no hurry to get them yet heh. The engine is definitely one of my last mods, id get the rhfcs before intake and whatever else i might do.
If you have the time and patience it seems like the Stillen Gen3's is the way to go. I wonder how often and if there are any difficulties of getting access to the filters for maintenence.

I painted the headlights myself last summer and also put in the STi-R lenses... they're satin black.
Looks very nice! By swapping out the lens did that improve the output or color?
Old 05-21-2012, 05:02 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

If you have the time and patience it seems like the Stillen Gen3's is the way to go. I wonder how often and if there are any difficulties of getting access to the filters for maintenence.

Looks very nice! By swapping out the lens did that improve the output or color?
i would think once a year for cleaning. since they go to the front of the car, might require removing the front bumper each time?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:53 AM
TomPeters
Registered Member

Output, color, and the cutoff were all improved. For the Gen 3's you can get to them by just removing the radiator cover and then the grill and they're right there. Removing the radiator cover can be a PITA though.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I would say to get the intakes first personally cuz they are the cheapest mod and will give you a bigger improvement with the other mods to follow. Although in all honesty some people say the stock airboxes flow pretty well. The Gen 3s will give you a pretty good bump in the mid range and a great bump in the high end, the r2cs give you good gains throughout, but w/o a tune they lose a little in the top end. I do like the gauze filter and the minimal maintenance of the of the r2cs, but the perofrmance of the Gen 3s is appealing. Kinda makes me wanna change my setup but I like the look and minimal hassle of the R2C
Old 05-31-2012, 12:48 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I would say to get the intakes first personally cuz they are the cheapest mod and will give you a bigger improvement with the other mods to follow. Although in all honesty some people say the stock airboxes flow pretty well. The Gen 3s will give you a pretty good bump in the mid range and a great bump in the high end, the r2cs give you good gains throughout, but w/o a tune they lose a little in the top end. I do like the gauze filter and the minimal maintenance of the of the r2cs, but the perofrmance of the Gen 3s is appealing. Kinda makes me wanna change my setup but I like the look and minimal hassle of the R2C
yeah there are definitely pros and cons of both setups...when the time comes i'll make a decision then heh, and i'll definitely consider a tune.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:15 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Here's a pic with the lip installed..... I had to trim the bumper at the ends by the wheel wells to get it to fit. There's a DIY on G35Driver on how to do this.
Nice Joe, I'm liking what I see!

i would think once a year for cleaning. since they go to the front of the car, might require removing the front bumper each time?
Gen3's are rated to clean the filters after 20-25k miles, so it all depending on how much driving you do. There's a "charger" kit for this, but honestly I've never had any issues with a filter and keeping them clean. The shield that comes with them deflects all bugs and dirt away from the filters which is nice. (glad I installed it when someone told me not to..ehemMR.WENISehem...)
Old 05-31-2012, 03:32 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

yeah the sedan will definitely be more of a summer drive now...funny how that worked out being an x and all lol.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:43 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Nice Joe, I'm liking what I see!

Gen3's are rated to clean the filters after 20-25k miles, so it all depending on how much driving you do. There's a "charger" kit for this, but honestly I've never had any issues with a filter and keeping them clean. The shield that comes with them deflects all bugs and dirt away from the filters which is nice. (glad I installed it when someone told me not to..ehemMR.WENISehem...)
Fugger lol. I told u to just put it on for the trip then take it off since it never sees rain!!! Or are things changing since Eva finally popper her cherry
Old 06-05-2012, 11:40 AM
TomPeters
Registered Member

Teaser Pic!!! This was the first stance with just the rear D2's installed sitting at 24 13/16".... pretty slammed. That was from last night but the springs have settled a bit so she's tucking pretty good right now. I'll have to raise her up a bit but will finish everything after work and snap a few of the whole car.

Name:  imagejpeg_2_5.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  56.7 KB
Old 06-05-2012, 11:45 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
^^^^that's slammed!! Can't wait to see the final stance. What's the situation with the new wheels?

Quick Reply: New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<