MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
kkemmerich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ended up buying it... it's $100 cheaper then the cheapest place in St Cloud. They said the groupon gets you 50% tint and anything darker is an additional $30 which I thought was still a good price comparatively. So I am stuck between $160 50% and $190 40%. I didn't even think to ask about the ceramic.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by TomPeters
Lance - The AS1 line on our G's is supppper low. I too was thinking about getting it tinted down to that line. On my Acuras I used to rock a paint matching vinyl banner with whatever tires I was running... (Yoko or Pirelli). Old school race car style
haha, NICE! You haven't been around long enough to hear all the stories buddy. On my DD(impala) I have 13" from the top of the windsheild down the sides, and then of course curved up in the middle from the natural curve of the window. Rocked a white color match on my high school gf's grand am too!

here's my wonderful Cavalier days(RED)

white vinyl banner

then the tint banner(which I much more preferred)
Old 05-02-2012, 05:38 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TomPeters
Does VIP do their own window tinting now? I thought Tint Pros used to work out of their shop and did the tinting. If it is Tint Pros then yes.... a few of us had our windows tinted by them and they're great!!! $160 is a good price so I'd get it done. They would probably upgrade to ceramic too for another $50... just something to think about.

Lance - The AS1 line on our G's is supppper low. I too was thinking about getting it tinted down to that line. On my Acuras I used to rock a paint matching vinyl banner with whatever tires I was running... (Yoko or Pirelli). Old school race car style
Im not sure who does tinting, I talked to David there (who installed my coils and BBK) and he said he could tint my windows for me. So I was assuming they do it at VIP, I think they do more window tint stuff than mechanical work on cars.

I am guessing ceramic would be around an extra $50, I called em and left a message. I think that groupon special expires later today
Old 05-02-2012, 05:40 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
I think Lance is secretly trying to make his G look like his old cavalier
Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Can you imagine lances g in that color scheme with that Wing? Hahahahaha
Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

hey, it could happen....
Old 05-02-2012, 08:23 PM
WannabeSport

Lance, what did that paint job run you anyways?

Your works are like, worth as much as that entire car hahaha
Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
hey, it could happen....
Do iiiiiiittttt!!!! I dare you to
Old 05-02-2012, 10:50 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Lance, what did that paint job run you anyways?

Your works are like, worth as much as that entire car hahaha
yeeeeah, well over half of what I sold it for. Sold it with 98k miles for $5800-

The paint was done by Drew (drives a mini cooper and is part of the im stanced club). He owned an orange cavalier back in the day as well and did autobody. The full paint job ended being I think around 2500-3k which was prrrrretty f'n cheap for full paint. Turned out great too!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:38 AM
WannabeSport

Wasn't that car in your HS days? 3k on paint in HS... gotta love saving everything haha
Old 05-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
As I'm sure most of you have seen, but since it's a mod thread and you people have been inserting text like crazy I thought I would get back to the main point of this thread

My EDFC just got installed and I can happily say I have rolled around on 0/0 and 16/16 and it definitely makes a nice noticeable difference and I can't wait to drive to FL in something comfortable lol

It was actually dremmeled out so it fits very snug in there and it still closes properly too, the arm is gone so it is just open or close w/o any spring load which works perfect, but I'm very pleased with the job and love that I can hear the little motors move when you push the presets
Old 05-03-2012, 12:56 AM
WannabeSport

Thats badass. Must be nice to just change it all ***** nilly like that.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:06 AM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats bad a$$ mike, going to be jealous of you on your ride down to FL.

Lance, the only reason you got laid in HS/college was from that two tone paint job
Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Wasn't that car in your HS days? 3k on paint in HS... gotta love saving everything haha
Negative. Purchased the car my Senior year in HS and didn't start heavily modifying it until summer between my Freshman and Sophomore year. I worked full time at Menards, part time on campus, and part time at WellsFargo. Instead of being a very well off college kid, I put ever extra dime after I paid my tuition towards the cavalier. I WISH I would have been able to do all this while I was in high school. I probably could have some of my college life back...

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
As I'm sure most of you have seen, but since it's a mod thread and you people have been inserting text like crazy I thought I would get back to the main point of this thread

My EDFC just got installed and I can happily say I have rolled around on 0/0 and 16/16 and it definitely makes a nice noticeable difference and I can't wait to drive to FL in something comfortable lol

It was actually dremmeled out so it fits very snug in there and it still closes properly too, the arm is gone so it is just open or close w/o any spring load which works perfect, but I'm very pleased with the job and love that I can hear the little motors move when you push the presets
Mike, it looks great man!! Are you bringing up your G tonight??

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
Lance, the only reason you got laid in HS/college was from that two tone paint job

Take it back D|ck.....The 95 Chevy Corsica is what got this guy some action in high school!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lance I'll be bringing up another fit for a customer in Wayzata, so I won't have any choice but to bring that, but I can get up there for free and 0 miles

Quick Reply: New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<